Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:38 pm So, where do we go from here? Will Supremacy CE preview be the only one that's updated in the future, or will the updates (I mean patches) be applicable to both Supremacy, and Supremacy CE?
The CE branch is not yet up to date, though the differences are small.
Not sure if Misfire will be releasing any frequent updates to CE, this was a preview to assure players that it is being worked on. At some point there will only be one "version", when the CE is more developed.
Not sure if there should be an auto-resolve button in the combat window, if the player wants to skip the CE.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

I wasn't planning on doing frequent updates, it's not ready for that yet. Probably update it whenever a major milestone is reached. It's fairly time consuming switching things around from the way I have them configured for development vs something to release. Just takes away from development time. If issues are found which cause crashes or major issues in the game, I'll try to address those.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

For some reason, even though I have all the tech prereqs for the Feds tactical cruiser, it's not coming up in the shipyards list. I even checked to see whether perhaps I needed a special building in Sol to build them, and I got all the buildings built.
(Oh, that would kinda be cool too - the best ship of every race could only be built in the system where you have the necessary building to build it, and the building is one per empire :evil: . Not necessarily home system though..)
But back to the issue - Is it because of a missing image file, or is it a bug?
Attachments
SP Federation Large Irregular 310.sav
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

The game is crashing on me frequently when I'm in the shipyard menu and I click on the shipyard to build I get multiple boxes of an error. They don't stop populating until I close out the game. It seems to only happen when I'm more then 10 turns into a game. I'm attaching the files.

I appreciate any help and thanks for all the work you guys are doing.

I was just playing for a few and got another error I'm attaching.
Attachments
Error.txt
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Log.txt
(8.96 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Error.txt
(29.78 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi.
I assume you are playing the combat engine version (Supremacy CE Preview). I've already posted a fix to one of the crashes you are experiencing, here ( Supremacy CE Preview FIX.zip).
You can also get it here.
Get the patch and unzip it to the game's folder.

The other crash is an odd one, I've never seen it being reported.
Do you have a savegame where this can be reproduced? If so, could you please attach it here? Thanks.
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Iceman wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:45 pm Hi.
I assume you are playing the combat engine version (Supremacy CE Preview). I've already posted a fix to one of the crashes you are experiencing, here ( Supremacy CE Preview FIX.zip).
You can also get it here.
Get the patch and unzip it to the game's folder.

The other crash is an odd one, I've never seen it being reported.
Do you have a savegame where this can be reproduced? If so, could you please attach it here? Thanks.
I have the save file.

I'm running into similar problems trying to play the non CE version. That has an error that I can't get past to play.

This is the most recent error I got. It looks like it has to do with XNA.
Attachments
Error.txt
(3.26 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
SP Federation Huge Spiral 15.sav
(557.91 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sorry for the delay, it was late last night.
I can build ships just fine in your save. It's probably an issue related to either your XNA install (make sure you have v3.1 installed, not 4.0), or your gfx card.
If the former, can you please install 3.1 and then report?
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Iceman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:52 am Sorry for the delay, it was late last night.
I can build ships just fine in your save. It's probably an issue related to either your XNA install (make sure you have v3.1 installed, not 4.0), or your gfx card.
If the former, can you please install 3.1 and then report?
I will double check and see. I am going to try and do a clean install on everything. I was having issues with my anti virus blocking files and I think that might be the problem I'm having. I'm running an Nvidia RTX 3071 TI on my laptop. I will check out everything and let you know. Thanks for the help.
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

I found the problem and it was what you said, an issue with my Nvidia Graphics Driver. I updated my drivers and it started working fine for a while. I got the bellow error when I tried to build a ship.

I apologize for this not being in the right thread. It is with the CE Preview.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Log.txt
(18.2 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Error.txt
(693 Bytes) Downloaded 51 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:53 pm For some reason, even though I have all the tech prereqs for the Feds tactical cruiser, it's not coming up in the shipyards list. I even checked to see whether perhaps I needed a special building in Sol to build them, and I got all the buildings built.
(Oh, that would kinda be cool too - the best ship of every race could only be built in the system where you have the necessary building to build it, and the building is one per empire :evil: . Not necessarily home system though..)
But back to the issue - Is it because of a missing image file, or is it a bug?
I missed your post, sorry!
There already is that kind of requirement, IIRC you can only build Tactical Cruisers in the empire's Fleetyard (Shipyard IV).
It's probably your case ? Do you have the Fleetyard built?
I'll check your save.

edit:
Yep, you can build Tactical Cruisers in Ain, where you built the FY.
Attachments
FY.png
FY.png (134.98 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

No way! Cool! I love this game!

edit: Hold on, I can't demolish the building and build it elsewhere.. bummer. Worth knowing in the future though.
I'm guessing the building was Utopia Planetia. The description in the research encyclopedia needs to be changed. It says it needs 100 energy, and doesn't mention anything about 4 docks (which use 75 energy each).
I think the tech prereq for this building should be higher too (level 5 construction doesn't do it justice IMO), especially since level 3 shipyards need all techs at level 7. getting a yard with four docks AND 30% bonus in construction at lvl 5.. nutz!
But it's really cool how the Tactical Cruiser can only be built there.. I'm really impressed that's already implemented!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

No, that's not what I said!

Utopia Planitia *only* gives you a +Shipbuilding bonus. This bonus applies to *any* ship built in that system. You should be able to scrap it!

To build Tactical Cruisers you need to upgrade a Shipyard III to a Fleetyard (which is TL10, and One per Empire). You can't scrap shipyards in Supremacy though, so you'll have to choose where to upgrade to FY carefully.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Oh! I was looking at the buildings, and not at the shipyards! Just found it now on the tech list:)
Ain was on auto build.. maybe that's why I totally overlooked it.. at least I don't remember upgrading to fleetyard. But who knows.. with so many systems, I can't rule out I clicked on the ugrade myself.
But yeah, gotta choose wisely for that fleetyard in the future.
Thanks for this, and the many other eye-openers you've given me recently!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:
I wish I had the time to write a guide, but alas...
I used to do that for every game I beta tested and/or played, but those times are long gone. :cry:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:52 am make sure you have v3.1 installed, not 4.0
As I see I have both, XNA 3.1 and 4.0 installed. Is it a problem?

Return to “Supremacy”