Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:10 am Did the Borg have any other colonies and any more ships at some point :?:

I'll look into some long standing changes to combat.
No, there was only Unimatrix One. In so big galaxy it's quite likely not to have any minor race in the vicinity. The Borg still does not build Transwarp Hubs. If the reason is a lack of any race nearby, I think they could construct one towards the center of the galaxy.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

They should build TWHs when they cannot expand through assimilation. I know they do because I've seen them do it in one of my tests. There must have been some reason for them not to. If I had to guess, I'd say it's because of (not enough) fleet support - though I've set maintenance for Assemblers really low (10) to minimize the chances of this happening. Maybe when Uni's shipyard was free they didn't have enough support, and when they did have enough support they built warships. But still... :???:
I'll make Assemblers not cost any maintenance, to see if that's the problem.
Or, after building an Assembler, they for some reason had negative support and scrapped the Assembler.

They do have a couple of minors in range of their Probes (11 and 12 sectors away - assuming this game was started after the range for Probes was increased), so they should have built TWHs that would allow them to get their assimilation fleets into range.

Having civs that play "different" is cool and all, but... :neutral:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

nightman1701 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:59 pm I got the visuals back by reinstalling my graphics driver. However there was significant delay when I would select the system drop down menu or right click the mouse to pull up the menus. It did not occur in the beginning but a couple minutes into playing. Then when I went to select the shipyard the game crashed with an error.
So the issues you have right now are just the crashing when building ships, and the delay in the dropdown and right-click menus :?:

What about the CE launching in a small window, still happening :?:

I've been trying to look into the crash, but no luck. It's an issue with WPF, most likely a threading issue, but I've never seen anyone else report it. :???:
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Iceman wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:38 pm
nightman1701 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:59 pm I got the visuals back by reinstalling my graphics driver. However there was significant delay when I would select the system drop down menu or right click the mouse to pull up the menus. It did not occur in the beginning but a couple minutes into playing. Then when I went to select the shipyard the game crashed with an error.
So the issues you have right now are just the crashing when building ships, and the delay in the dropdown and right-click menus :?:

I've been trying to look into the crash, but no luck. It's an issue with WPF, most likely a threading issue, but I've never seen anyone else report it. :???:
Yes, The only issues I have are the crashing when building ships and the delay with right clicking and the drop down menus.

I can't get far enough to go back into combat to launch the CE. I will try again and see if I can get it to launch and report.

I was looking up the error online and found others having similar problems with other programs.

I just can't understand why I'm having issues on a brand new computer.

I'm playing on an MSI GT77 with a 12 Gen Intel i7-12800HX 2.0 GHz 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce RTX 1070ti Windows 11 Pro.
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

I was able to get the CE to launch and it did launch in a small screen. I was unable to click on anything when it launched. It was like it froze and I had to Alt+Tab to close the game down. There were no ship models displayed when it launched for me to select.

I have a 4K display on my laptop. I wanted to try something and I changed my display settings from 3840x2160 with scaling at 250% to 1920x1080 with scaling at 100%.

When I did that and I got the CE to launch, it launched to and filled my monitor screen. The only problem again was no ship models and the controls weren't responding to my clicks. I again had to Alt+Tab to close the game down.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

nightman1701 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:02 pm I was able to get the CE to launch and it did launch in a small screen. I was unable to click on anything when it launched. It was like it froze and I had to Alt+Tab to close the game down. There were no ship models displayed when it launched for me to select.

I have a 4K display on my laptop. I wanted to try something and I changed my display settings from 3840x2160 with scaling at 250% to 1920x1080 with scaling at 100%.

When I did that and I got the CE to launch, it launched to and filled my monitor screen. The only problem again was no ship models and the controls weren't responding to my clicks. I again had to Alt+Tab to close the game down.
Can you look in C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\CE2\CE for a file called Player.log and post it? Note that Appdata is a hidden folder by default. This file will contain the Unity logs. I doubt the problem is there but is worth checking.

It's probably an issue with the way the CE is embedded within Supremacy. I'm working on porting the whole game over to Unity, but that will take time as all the graphics need to be recreated.
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Misfire wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:13 am
nightman1701 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:02 pm I was able to get the CE to launch and it did launch in a small screen. I was unable to click on anything when it launched. It was like it froze and I had to Alt+Tab to close the game down. There were no ship models displayed when it launched for me to select.

Can you look in C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\CE2\CE for a file called Player.log and post it? Note that Appdata is a hidden folder by default. This file will contain the Unity logs. I doubt the problem is there but is worth checking.

It's probably an issue with the way the CE is embedded within Supremacy. I'm working on porting the whole game over to Unity, but that will take time as all the graphics need to be recreated.
Here is the file you requested. I posted both that are in there.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Player-prev.log
(393.49 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Player.log
(473.56 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

nightman1701 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:43 pm

Thanks for your help.
Do you know if this battle was a ship vs a station? The logs show only one ship (Romulan) and nothing else. A battle between a single station and other ships will cause an error since stations don't exist in the combat engine yet.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Misfire wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:59 pm Do you know if this battle was a ship vs a station? The logs show only one ship (Romulan) and nothing else. A battle between a single station and other ships will cause an error since stations don't exist in the combat engine yet.
Will a single Echo Papa cause this issue too, since there's also no model for it in the CE? Or will the placeholder model for minor ships (pirate ship) be used?
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Misfire wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:59 pm
nightman1701 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:43 pm

Thanks for your help.
Do you know if this battle was a ship vs a station? The logs show only one ship (Romulan) and nothing else. A battle between a single station and other ships will cause an error since stations don't exist in the combat engine yet.
Yes it was a battle between a station and a ship.
nightman1701
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nightman1701 »

Iceman wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:38 pm

I'm still having the issue with the game crashing when building ships. I'm not sure what else I can do to prevent it from happening. Trying to search it online shows it's a threading issue and I'm not sure how to fix that.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

You could try running it in compatibility mode, not sure it will help though.
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Misfire »

Iceman wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:16 pm
Misfire wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:59 pm Do you know if this battle was a ship vs a station? The logs show only one ship (Romulan) and nothing else. A battle between a single station and other ships will cause an error since stations don't exist in the combat engine yet.
Will a single Echo Papa cause this issue too, since there's also no model for it in the CE? Or will the placeholder model for minor ships (pirate ship) be used?
All ships should be fine, anything that is a station will cause the issue though. Well, having a station present during a battle wouldn't cause an issue (it just wouldn't show up). Issue is when one of the players has only a station in a battle (and no ships).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

We should make such situations auto-resolve, until it's fixed? To avoid the crash.
(lone station, or any battle with a station?)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:05 am
Iceman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:10 am Did the Borg have any other colonies and any more ships at some point :?:
No, there was only Unimatrix One. In so big galaxy it's quite likely not to have any minor race in the vicinity. The Borg still does not build Transwarp Hubs. If the reason is a lack of any race nearby, I think they could construct one towards the center of the galaxy.
Found and fixed the issue. Also improved where the Borg will build such Hubs. The code still needs to be improved and cleaned up, but I'll release it as is.
Still need to work on the auto cmbat thing, and improve shipbuilding for the empires.

I've uploaded the patch to BB, to avoid confusion with the CE preview.

Return to “Supremacy”