Intelligence testing

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Intelligence testing

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:45 pm The (very old) code for espionage/sabotage has been unlocked; it is only a temporary test, while we wait for intel to be implemented. It can be disabled, if it is not found to be fun, by setting your Internal Security to 100% (you'll have to set it to 99 or less if you want to test it).

So,,,,,,,, my spies are workling!!! :)
Screenshot (2).jpg
Screenshot (2).jpg (685.98 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
I have assigned 30% of my Intel resources to the espionage. I suppose the system details are unhidden now on the map.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

You mean the system *should* be revealed :?:
I'll have to check the code, can't recall if it is or not; and if double-click works.

edit:
Checked the code, and this attack should only target colonies in explored systems (should it be in scanned systems :?: ).
Maybe I misunderstood your point?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I was not sure what to expect, so I could not notice the difference.
I tried a sabotage as well, but probably that option is not working now.
What was interesting, after some turns, maybe after a spy action on Sol, a location of all Feds' system was revealed on the map.
Screenshot 2023-04-28 102623.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-28 102623.jpg (478.79 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:33 am I tried a sabotage as well, but probably that option is not working now.
It is working. IIRC sabotage missions are less likely to happen than espionage missions, as their effects are potentially more penalizing.

What was interesting, after some turns, maybe after a spy action on Sol, a location of all Feds' system was revealed on the map.
That's one of the espionage missions, yes. You should have gotten one of those SitRep dialogues about it; if you didn't, please let me know!

If you feel that the effects of any of the missions is either too strong or too weak, please report; there are some limitations to some missions, like the one you posted above - you cannot steal more credits than the colony generates (taxes + trade).
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

That's one of the espionage missions, yes. You should have gotten one of those SitRep dialogues about it; if you didn't, please let me know!
I had no appropriate save, so used older one and have been playing until that happened.
There was no specific dialogues or message, just the regular one about a successful intelligence mission in one of the systems and about obtaining some funds and all the system locations became just visible on the galaxy map.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:26 am There was no specific dialogues or message, just the regular one about a successful intelligence mission in one of the systems and about obtaining some funds and all the system locations became just visible on the galaxy map.
Those *are* the specific dialogues. They specify the effects of the attack.
Were you expecting something else?

Some of those texts need to be changed.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I expected a message about a successful theft of Feds' maps resulting in all systems location revealing - it was how I understood your comment as a request to check that.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I can confirm that after some turns I got a message about successful sabotage mission resulting in a shipyard destruction.

How the Intel works for now as I do not chose a target empire? I have two wars now but all messages were about Feds. Probably because Roms are to powerful in that area.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Testing current Intel code

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:59 am How the Intel works for now as I do not chose a target empire? I have two wars now but all messages were about Feds. Probably because Roms are to powerful in that area.
Your 2 wars are against the Feds and the Roms then, correct?
Target civs are selected according to Status, and then colony count. That might explain why you're always targeting the Feds?
I can randomize the target (the code is actually there, commented out), if you feel it's better :?:
Or create a pool with all potential target colonies instead, and randomize that instead - so that the chance of targeting a certain empire depends on how many potential target colonies that empire has (vs the other empires).

Right now, intel missions (only 1 per turn) are performed only against empires that are either Neutral or At War with the civ; sabotage actions are only performed vs empires the civ is At War with, though, and are less common (1/3).
A random colony is chosen as a target, but small colonies do not get targeted.
Attack strength is increased by the best unassigned (for now) agent with the appropriate skill(s).
The difference in Computers TL is also factored in.

Still ToDo:
Assign agents to intel
Multiple missions (at least one of each type) per turn
AI setting intel distributions (according to Trait)
Factor in target empire's best counter-intel agent
Improve infiltration level
Calculations for operatives getting caught (some effects are coded)
More outcomes for sabotage and espionage
geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Re: Supremacy new release

Post by geordie »

Yes, I have the wars against the Feds and the Roms.

With little experience with the Intel for now I have only a feeling that we should knowingly mark a target.
I understand that assigning some resources to spying (and especially to sabotage) missions and not choosing any target empire would be strange.
The rest of the logic behind the Intel sounds OK.
I wonder if you plan any negative repercussions after disclosing agents or intel missions.

BTW - could you repair the lock icons in the Intel management, please?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:59 am With little experience with the Intel for now I have only a feeling that we should knowingly mark a target.
We should, and we will, when the Intel screen is working. The current code is just for testing purposes, and is a fill-in for the actual/future intel system.

I understand that assigning some resources to spying (and especially to sabotage) missions and not choosing any target empire would be strange.
This will probably be similar to BotF.

I wonder if you plan any negative repercussions after disclosing agents or intel missions.
There are repercussions already coded, I just need to work on / improve the calculations, like mentioned above.
Right now there's (only) a Regard penalty of 1/3 the current value, but the operative will also either get arrested or killed (when operatives are implemented).

BTW - could you repair the lock icons in the Intel management, please?
Will try to look into that.
edit: fixed!

Any suggestions for intel are welcome.

Return to “Supremacy”