Best Mod for Federation - Minor Relations?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Best Mod for Federation - Minor Relations?

Post by Ascendant »

Looking for the best experience in terms of Diplomatic game and integrating Minor Civs so they can contribute industry, tech and ships.

When I played a while back, I had tried UM5 and it was pretty good.

Any others that may be better ? - given the description above
justanick
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Best Mod for Federation - Minor Relations?

Post by justanick »

Does this even depend in a meaningful way on the mod you use? The mere amount of minors does of course matter, so larger maps are preferable in this metric.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:36 pm- Minor Race Evolution error wrt difficulty level fixed + natural pop growth implemented + broken evolution limit activated (based on empire research)
The Error Correction Mod does not use particularly large maps, but the changed and possibly more natural advancement of minors is something you may want to try out.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

justanick wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:55 am The Error Correction Mod does not use particularly large maps,
there is a patch SCT released for large maps for ECM that has some very good code changes for large maps
viewtopic.php?p=57392#p57392
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

I think you guys missed the point of the question.

ECM makes minor races less exploitable with fixes for start EL, EL limit and population jumps.
Plus other AI empires are better at acquiring them (they won't declare war if they can't conquer them in low tech games).

UDM makes them harder to bribe with reduced gift effects.

So vanilla and UM5 should be best choice with UM5 more interesting due to more special structures for minor races.

I rarely enable minor races in low tech games since they make the game too easy, even in ECM. Plus the AI empires poorly use/handle them. A shame since the extra diversity is a nice feature. However, playing as Federation with minor races in low tech games you can use impossible difficulty level (in ECM, vanilla with minors gets easier with the difficulty level :mad: ) and a lower starting era than the AI empires. :idea:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ascendant »

Very interesting. Thanks guys.

I believe I will complete my UM5 game which looks really great now in 1920 x 1080 and then give ECM a try with the conditions mentioned above.

Return to “General Chat”