Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: What can I do to help

Post by the6the »

Iceman wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:48 pm
Iceman wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:43 am Your treasury has gone negative. This message was meant to convey the fact that you cannot build any more ships (but you cannot build anything else either), because you cannot control any more drones (crew).
Should a negative treasury be different for the Borg and only not allow them to build ships :?: Since "credits" are only used for fleet support.
(that is, they would be allowed to build planetary structures [like the Maturation Chambers], perform research, and collect intelligence)
Would it make it too easy for/on them :?:
The Borg only utilize fleet supply as a means of determining how many vessels they can have at any given time. If this goes negative, you can't build any more ships. Also, ALL production in all colonies is suspended, including structures. I think this should be left as is. There should be a hefty penalty for going red in the fleet supply department. Playing as the Borg I'd say is less work intensive than playing with any of the other major races, so if one can't keep an eye on the Borg's main stat, then one has to pay a high price.
Also it could serve as a way for the other empires to beat them. If the Borg lose enough colonies (and therefore Pop), they'll have to start scrapping vessels in order to get ANYTHING done, giving the other Majors a fighting chance.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:43 am
TempestWales wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:08 pm With regards to the
'Unable to like any more drones to the collective consciousness', what do you change in order for production to resume? Its not intuitive at all.
Your treasury has gone negative. This message was meant to convey the fact that you cannot build any more ships (but you cannot build anything else either), because you cannot control any more drones (crew). Like I mentioned above, it's crap, and suggestions are welcome.
This only happens (for the Borg) if you have more ships than you can support. To fix this you can either scrap ships until you're in the green again, or wait for your population to grow (if possible) and thus increase support (though this might take a while).

@Danijel, this is not about resources, it's about credits :razz:
I do have your suggestion saved for some other situation though, it's cool.
Would something like this be better :?:
Insufficient support to control all vessels. Resource reallocation in progress, production suspended.
Better suggestions are still welcome.
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

its catch22, they dont have credits, nobody does :lol:

Whattabout;Insufficient allocation units, data transfer in progress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Warp Core Breach wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:52 pm Question - why is this guy the face of the Betazoids?

How about replacing him with Lwaxana Troi/Majel Barrett Roddenberry. Just cuz.
So, back to this topic, shoud we replace the guy with Lwaxana?
If so, which pic? I think these 2 are the "best"?

Should we also replace the denobulans' pic? (the Phlox being an envoy issue)
Attachments
denobulan envoy.png
denobulan envoy.png (77.85 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Lwaxana06.png
Lwaxana06.png (122.33 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Lwaxana01.png
Lwaxana01.png (113.13 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

My thoughts:
Yes.
Lwaxanna06
and yes
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Since the Zibalian Exhibition Hall's bonus was changed to +TradeRoutes, we should either change it description:
The Exhibition Hall is the primary display gallery in the Zibalian capital, and its splendour on the outside is suitably matched by the fabulous exhibits within.
to match the new bonus (the gallery displays the items they acquired [either by trade or less honest means])

or rename the building to something more in line with the new bonus (in which case we need a new description).

Opinions? Suggestions?
Actual text change suggestions are very welcome!

Return to “Supremacy”