(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: (Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.3.6x1

Post by Tethys »

I still do not control the arm lengths, so further investigating the subroutines today to see if I can influence the length of each arm independently. Some clues have found to be they enlarge with arc multipliers but this also increases the distance away from the central hub of the spiral. If I can identify each value then I will have full control and be able to create new arms and possibly insert them as static, or per size.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Today I created a "new" spiral arm, but it is only replacing a current arm so far (the outer arm) and the value can still be edited with UE. Any new arm will not be able to be adjusted by UE unfortunately. So if I do go adding multiple arms at different angles, the current ones will likely be coded statically (because they are very nice in my opinion).

What I did was copy the middle arm variables and created a duplicate in the relocation table. I took the outer arm and jumped it to the new relocation data (middle arm variables + math), jumped back to the outer arm variable editable by UE and the result was a better looking arm for small and medium galaxies.

Here comes the fun of trying to create some new comparison to insert the new arm. I was thinking location 4B0CEE might be a good place to divert. Jump to new arm, cmp another 10h and adjust the jump somehow to compensate. Hopefully it works, fingers crossed.
musso256
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by musso256 »

Hi Tethys,
Posting to praise your incredible work on this mod. I've been a long time fan of BoTF [I bought the game when it first came out...] and I'm struggling to think how to express the enjoyment I've found in discovering and playing your mod.
I've read through the whole thread to get a feel for what you've done over the years, and I really like how you've leaned into make the major power asymmetrical. I'm also looking forward to the AI being a challenge as others have indicated!! I've only ever played BoP up until about a week ago when I needed to download the content again and I discovered the community has developed the AIO and a whole heap more, and most especially your mod. So I haven't had a chance to get too far into the game, but I can't wait to do so.
But first impressions are incredibly impressed. It was so much fun to find planets in a Nebula! And the various planet types and revised populations giving depth to the ultimate size (& future value) of a system :up:
I'm still digesting the way you've changed how resources work, especially dilithium (called alloy now?), but am intrigued to see how it will introduce a more strategic dimension to expansion.
Seeing your recent post on galaxy generation is also exciting, as a good map leads to a good game :cool:
I will definitely be playing your mod for some time to come, and will share feedback once I've got a feel for how the game unfolds. For now I'm at turn 30 or something playing as Feds from level 1 on large map (impossible, many minors), and the Dominion have turned up only a few sectors away :mrgreen:
I will be regularly checking in to see where you are up to as the new updates you've hinted at sound great! I just wish I had any skills to contribute, but I have no idea how to do any of the stuff I've seen posted :cry:
Thanks again and keep up the incredible work, you have fans!
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Post by Tethys »

!!! LATEST VERSION DOWNLOADS !!!
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 - LATEST VERSION (STANDALONE Installer)
Feedback Thread
GALAXIES MOD V 0.4.0

CREATED BY
C.SADENS AKA TETHYS

-------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
Section I: Version 0.4.0 Changes & Features:

New Vendetta enemies & attitudes: Each race has one vendetta against Borg (gameplay balance, RECOMMENDED MODE)
New Galaxy shape: Barred Spiral (selectable between Ring & Spiral shapes), 5 shapes total
Non-Barred Spiral galaxy no longer edited by UE (hard coded to relocation table)
Galaxy Arms: Small & Medium spirals use "Outer Arm Multipliers" only while Large spirals use both "Inner & Middle" only
New Resource combination types: Alloy, Solar Asteroid Field, & Class-T binary Substar (brown dwarf)
Artifact Systems: (artifacts chance too high, subject to change), New building type +Research %Bonus
New Borg Population Assimilation: Assimilated race name change automatically(AI) & manually via Unrest order(player)
New Borg Population Liberation: Systems liberated via Unrest order(player), New race name ex-Borg
New Borg Building: Interspatial Power Matrix(white star), must assimilate species for structure access (better immersion)
Replaced Minors: Species 8472 now Caatati, Kazon now ex-Borg
Monsters: Vanilla Borg = Species 8472, Chodak = Kazon (w/Sect names, see below)
Monsters(cont): Echo Papa = Empok Nor, Edo God = Nor Class, Orbital Battery = Doomsday
Additional Minor Race Buildings: ex-Borg & Caatati
Wormhole Claim: No claim unless station present in wormhole sector (allow strategic invasions)
Bajor and Cardassia: Share the Edo God aka Nor Class station above home system (unfinished)
New Buildings for Anomalies & Star types
System Scanners now show correct scan strength and range (fix)
Federation scout ships rearranged for shiplist display (ships not being removed from list when they should, fix)
Lexicon: Minor race intros for all 5 races only use Cardassian race intro lexicons (free 120 lexicon entries)
Borg GUI: Intel and Research screens properly completed (finally)
TGA: Updated some files for structures throughout the game
Chodak: Replaced by Kazon Predator of various sects (Chodak by default uses various names)

----------------------------------
Section I-a: Version 0.4.0 Current Patchlist:
(patches with * show red but function properly)

*18 Taskforce
*Additional Tech Levels (16 per field)
*Better Colonies
*Boni Extra Modifier Nebula_Dfns Blackhole-Aglt
*Edifbnft (MUM patch)
*Extending System Boni & Sun Icons
*Instant Terraforming fix
*Minor Race correct difficulty level bias
*ship and fleet separation
*Ship Repair - Ally & Shipyard fix
*Terraforming fix for Addl Start Systems/Minors(updated)
AI Build Starbase Task-freeze fix
AI Tweak 06
AI Tweak 10
AI Tweak 17
Aft Torpedo Launchers/Arcs
Borg Invasion Bug(fix)
Bribe Resistance Fix(advanced)
Cloak default fix for taskforces - UPDATED
Colony Starting Pop/Buildings index bug(fix)
Disable "Buy" confirmation
Disable Experience bar of unowned ships(fix)
Disabled Building Extra Morale bug(fix)
Economic/Military score(old)
Edo God autohail bug(fix)
Food popup for max-growth(fix)
Generated monster savegame bug(fix 2.4)
Ground Defense Bonus Popup fix (minor/rebel systems, fix)
Intel Bugfixes (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5b)
Intel % intel total two in one (local)fix
Liberating native systems (morale error fix - updated)
Liberating foreign home systems morale omission(fix)
Lower CPU Patch
Lower Level Ship Type Index bug(fix)
Major Race Custom Stars (updated)
Map Range tech field database fix (option A)
Minor race add Fed T1 Food(fix)
Minor race ship limit(fix)
Minor declares war - morale/message(fix)
Minor race hidden from diplomacy bug(fix)
Minor race rebelled/message withdrawn(fix)
Minor/Uninhabited planet growth multifix
Minors without Main Bldg system takeover bug(fix)
Morale Omission Eliminate Empire via bombing fix - UPDATED
Morale overflow 32767 bug(fix)
Neutron Star Bug(fix)
No-CD Crack 102
Orbital Battery tech level bug fix for minors/rebels(fix)
Orbital Battery fixes/Strike Cruiser defense bonus
Outpost/Starbase self repair bug(fix)
Phantom Dilithium(fix)
Planet 'Minos' position(fix)
Production Bonus Add wrong main IDs(fix)
Race Info screen with Minor Personality AI Agenda
Raid fix wrt bankrupt empires
Rebellions the message withdrawn bug(fix) - UPDATE
Rejected Friendship message(fix)
Research Decay Bug(fix)
Send Chat message with Return key
Ship stats popup bug-fix
Starvation rounding bugfix
Stolen Ships - Crew Experience fix
Unremoved Station of Dead Empire(fix)
Upgrading buildings bug(fix)
Force use of only sub 004B22A0 for min/max minors(mod)

---GALM Specific/Unreleased Patches---
Activate/Deactivate 5th galaxy shape
4th Galaxy shape reloc
Borg Pop Assimilation via Traderoute(loop)
Borg Unrest Pop Assimilation
Race Intro Lexicon Consolidation(patch)
Shift Planet correction (fix)
Traderoute Thresholds
Scan intensity(non-anomaly)
Ship Scrap

----------------------------------
Section I-b: Known Bugs/Issues:
UE compatibility may be compromised in this version of GALM, always make backups!
Doomsday gets stuck in system because system population still alive
Nor Starbase monster not yet setup to identify Bajor vs Cardassian vs Major race
Tarellian no longer damages populations (subroutine repurposed, SCT)
Gas Giants will sometimes planetary shift into "Other", but remain Gas Giants (non-game breaking)
Animation for Y class (Crystal Entity planet shift) need to be fixed (currently puts M class animations :mad: )
Two placeholder save slots on the Save/Load screen non-working, they are disabled (future project)
Borg Taskforce orders menu buttons sometimes disappearing (unknown causes)
Borg option to liberate minors from other empires
Borg AI diplomacy
Some stellar/star objects have no map effects
Non-Borg AI might fail to "unassimilate" systems (untested)
Last edited by Tethys on Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: (Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Post by Tethys »

Good news, next update will also aim to lower the time between turns. I recently came across a few experimental patches which I have been testing, and seems to be working quite nicely. Turn 137 and counting one-onethousand, two.. etc I am only at 16 seconds of turn time.

On a Large T5 many minors with Randoms OFF.

Though I did hit the game with a 4 piece combo.
1. I've reduced slighly the map ranges for all races. -1 per most ranges, -2 in some cases.
2. Ive reduced most ship speeds by -1, in some cases -2.
3. I applied a patch for AI Ship Tasks (change AI behavior)
4. I removed the iteration count for AI Tasks from 128 to 0.

result
AI.png
AI.png (475.78 KiB) Viewed 784 times
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: (Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Post by Tethys »

Here is a patch that will disable a human player's ability to liberate a subjugated minor while playing as Borg. The patch completely bypasses the "Do you wish to liberate (oppressed) from (oppressor name) rule?" popup by comparing the GI_252_b_player_empire in edx to 02 before comparing the raceID of the population. Tested 2 games one as Borg one as Fed. Borg no longer have the popup, Feds had the popup (for subjugated minors ONLY).

Code: Select all

NAME: GALM Borg No Liberation for Minors (player)
AUTHOR: Tethys
DESC: Borg do not liberate, they assimilate
DESC: patch file name: GALM_borg_no_liberation.patch
URL: 
TAG: fix

# >>  = current value

# <<  = new value

#
>> 0x01A25A0  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
<< 0x01A25A0  83 fa 02 0f 84 9b eb e5 ff 39 d0 0f 84 93 eb e5 ff e9 87 ea e5 ff

>> 0x00EB035  39 d0 0f 84 07 01 00 00
<< 0x00EB035  E9 66 15 1A 00 90 90 90

#0068D1A0   83FA 02          CMP EDX,2                                ; cmp player raceID, 02 Borg
#0068D1A3  ^0F84 9BEBE5FF    JE 004EBD44                              ; no_free_choice
#0068D1A9   39D0             CMP EAX,EDX                              ; relocated data
#0068D1AB  ^0F84 93EBE5FF    JE 004EBD44                              ; relocated data
#0068D1B1  ^E9 87EAE5FF      JMP 004EBC3D                             ; jump back from relocation (go liberation)

#004EBC35  E9 66151A00 909090                                         ; jump to relocation table
GALM_borg_no_liberation.patch
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Subjugated majors is a bit more work due to the way it's been coded unfortunately, it checks which races receive the popup before it brings the liberation popup on. Tested cmp ah,02 > jnz but all this did was allow any major empire to invade Borg colonies without war declared. I need the opposite of that; allow only Borg to invade majors colonies without war declared.

Here is a patch for Borg player ability to subjugate major and minor systems without war declared (no conflicts with previous patch):

Code: Select all

NAME: GALM Borg No War for Major/Minor Subjugation (player)
AUTHOR: Tethys
DESC: Borg do not declare war, they assimilate
DESC: patch file name: GALM_borg_no_war.patch
URL: 
TAG: fix/enhancement?

# >>  = current value

# <<  = new value

#Majors
>> 0x01A25E0  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
<< 0x01A25E0  83 C4 0C 3C 02 74 08 83 FE 01 E9 9E E9 E5 FF 83 FE 00 74 F6 EB F1

>> 0x00EAF87  83 C4 0C 83 FE 01
<< 0x00EAF87  E9 54 16 1A 00 90

#Minors
>> 0x01A25C0  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
<< 0x01A25C0  83 FA 02 0F 84 54 EA E5 FF 83 7C 90 28 04 E9 90 E8 E5 FF

>> 0x00EAE5E  83 7C 90 28 04
<< 0x00EAE5E  E9 5D 17 1A 00

#Majors
#0068D1E0   83C4 0C          ADD ESP,0C                               ; relocated data
#0068D1E3   3C 02            CMP AL,2                                 ; compare player raceID, 02 Borg
#0068D1E5   74 08            JE SHORT 0068D1EF                        ; to > cmp esi,0
#0068D1E7   83FE 01          CMP ESI,1                                ; relocated war check (1 = yes)
#0068D1EA  ^E9 9EE9E5FF      JMP 004EBB8D                             ; jump back to je lib_choice
#0068D1EF   83FE 00          CMP ESI,0                                ; compare war check (0 = no)
#0068D1F2  ^74 F6            JZ SHORT 0068D1EA                        ; shortcut je back to je lib_choice
#0068D1F4  ^EB F1            CMP ESI,1                                ; shortcut back to compare war check (1 = yes)

#004EBB87   E9 54161A00      JMP 0068D1E0                             ; jump to relocation table
#004EBB8C   90               NOP

#Minors
#0068D1C0   83FA 02          CMP EDX,2                                ; cmp player raceID, 02 Borg
#0068D1C3  ^0F84 54EAE5FF    JE 004EBC1D                              ; no_free_choice
#0068D1C9   837C90 28 04     CMP DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+EDX*4+28],4        ; relocated data
#0068D1CE  ^E9 90E8E5FF      JMP 004EBA63                             ; jump back from relocation

#004EBC35  E9 5D171A00                                                ; jump to relocation table
Problem corrected. When at war, system attack for Borg was disabled. Re-comparing the war = yes fixed it. Beta patch.
GALM_borg_no_war.patch
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Return to “Galaxies MOD”