Auto Colony Management

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Auto Colony Management

Post by Iceman »

Lakotavar wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:35 pmI also observed this and now I had the feeling that the AI would shift capacities once the build queue is empty.
Yep.

I did not try yet if it would be shifted back once I want to build something.
It does :wink:

Moved from the other thread:
Lakotavar wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:02 am
It shouldn't. I had it upgrade my health centers just a few days ago.
Are you refering to upgrades to Production Facilities only? I think I tweaked it some time ago, to prioritize building over upgrading, might have screwed up something. Will check.
I am almost sure not all upgrades were included while I had quite some upgrades still in the list available. Here is one case:
upgrades.jpg
upgrades.jpg (569.24 KiB) Viewed 485 times

Do you have examples of things not being built?
IIRC some of the bonuses are "disabled" in the AI colony management code because they need to be properly implemented - buildings that take a lot of energy for example. Some unique buildings are also not yet built IIRC, especially the intel ones - since it is not yet fully implemented.
That's it I guess.. I think it were always special big buildings of higher level so I understand the reason for not including them. It could maybe be an extra check box to activate this. I enjoy having colonies on a high level but this can prove counter-productive if the max pop is small. So maybe scratch this.

I am almost sure not all upgrades were included while I had quite some upgrades still in the list available. Here is one case:
upgrades.jpg
I'll have to test this save of yours. You mean that in all the other systems on Auto that are upgrading their Production Facilities, it was you who gave the build orders, not the "AI" :?:

I'm taking a look at the Klingon AI that seems to be doing a rather decent job in your game, and it is upgrading the PFs in a few systems. Posting a pic, but from a system that is still developing to avoid disclosing their tech levels :wink: (it is upgrading some other systems to max tech level).
PFupgrades.png
PFupgrades.png (46.26 KiB) Viewed 559 times
It's not perfect yet, not by a long shot. I've already detected some bad choices like having Qo'noS almost fully decked out and not having built the Recycling Centre yet!! (but built it in other colonies)

The AI is also handling terraforming much better it seems. Your friend is not going to like a poor choice of colonization by the Klingons though :wink: I'll need to look into that.
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

OK, yes sure that looks good.. On the other post (yes, sorry it's all over the place) I posted the screenshot where the queue was empty and still it did not start the upgrades. And during tonight's botf2 session we really had a double clicking party going on due to this :lol: Does it maybe take one idle turn to put the upgrades in the list? So we were maybe sometimes checking when a queue just got empty and the upgrade was about to be scheduled?

New savegame:
SP Federation Medium Irregular 231.sav
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Lakotavar wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:54 pm Does it maybe take one idle turn to put the upgrades in the list? So we were maybe sometimes checking when a queue just got empty and the upgrade was about to be scheduled?
It's possible. Yes, in some situations it does not immediately queue the next build. It has to do with how the code was implemented.
Some times it does not queue anything because it is not "efficient" to do so (yet), but in the case of useful upgrades that should not be the case.

Re double-clicks, the BotF way was less click-intensive, right? :neutral:
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

Iceman wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:52 pm It's possible. Yes, in some situations it does not immediately queue the next build. It has to do with how the code was implemented.
Some times it does not queue anything because it is not "efficient" to do so (yet), but in the case of useful upgrades that should not be the case.
OK, we will take a closer look and be a bit more patient. I would probably select one early colony and check it frequently.
Re double-clicks, the BotF way was less click-intensive, right? :neutral:
I mean with the auto build it's extremely comfortable for the most part and we definitely got spoiled by that. Surely botf1 was more clicking for that reason.
If one could select multiple buildings and hit enter that would be convenient (just using the listed order or even depending on the selected order). I saw that you can already select multiple buildings. It would basically make double clicks just single clicks.
That would also make a difference because I noticed I had to redo some double clicks because everything was a bit laggy from round 200 or so.
The_Undying_Nephalim
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The_Undying_Nephalim »

Finally got around to playing the game with the auto management, it helps so much thank you guys for adding it in. This really is like playing a real BOTF2 now. :cool:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:
Still needs some improvements, but yes, it does help a lot.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

To notice that some buildings will only be built if/when the conditions for its bonus(es) exist.
The Dominion, for instance, will only build the Logistics Command when they meet another civ, and the Changeling Replacements when they meet another empire.
The Surplus Depot (now +%Shipbuilding) will only be built if the Shipyard Production option is activated, scanners will only be built/upgraded if the Scan Range Extension is activated, etc.

Return to “Supremacy”