Suggestions

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Suggestions

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:15 am Some reports say that it's a bit too easy to get minors to join; that's one of the reasons for being reticent about making it even easier.
The Feds have enough advantages already, so we need to be careful with these changes - considering that their personnel is also more prone to having good stats for diplomacy.

(*) In relation to empires, having lots of TRs might make trading with other empires too good; there's also reports that it's also a bit too easy to get to Alliance. I've made it so that each of your colonies can only trade with *one* colony of each other civ (empire or minor), to prevent this type of "abuse"; so each of your TRs can only target a single colony of another empire.
I still need to check, but after having the Cardassians propose a Mutual Defense agreement just short of turn 140 on a Large galaxy, I'm thinking that this might have to do with the following.
Having active TRs increases Trust (up to a limit), depending on the TR's income.
When Trust is high and higher than Regard, Regard gets increased.
Unlike with minor civs, you can have TRs with multiple colonies of an empire, which might be increasing Trust very fast.
And then there's envoys.

I guess the first thing to try should be to either have Trust bonus from TRs only once, regardless of how many TRs you have with the other civ, or decrease the bonus :?:
The_Undying_Nephalim
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The_Undying_Nephalim »

This will be a question that may or may not transform into a suggestion. Is there a way to queue ships in a shipyard? If not that would be a super handy feature. :cool:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hehe, that's a rather frequent request.
At some point we will have that. The code already supports it, and Misfire even implemented a feature in the auto-builder that builds ships/fleets for you - it is currently hidden though, we should probably look into it again.
Visit the Supremacy official site for game related stuff.
The_Undying_Nephalim
Ensign
Ensign

Just random suggestion for models and sounds

Have you guys considered reaching out to either the Fleet Ops devs or the Star Trek Armada 3 devs? Both of them have a massive wealth of Dominion and Borg ship and station models, as well as all the other civs except Ferengi. Fleet Ops has been dead for over a decade and im sure the devs would give permission to use their stuff if asked. I'm in contact with the STA3 devs and can probably ask on your behalf for you guys if you want. The Fleet Ops devs also have a ton of Vorta and Jem Hadar voice lines that they did themselves. I was able to find voices for everything except colonization and diplomacy bits... I've attached some samples in a zip:
DominionCompVoiceTest.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
I'm sure they'd be happy to let you guys use voice stuff too!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

If you could contact them and ask for permission to use their stuff, that'd be great! Anything that we can use is game.
We really need some better models for a bunch of ships and stations.

I'm still working on setting up your Ferengi models, thanks for those too!

Some really nice sfx there!
:up:
Visit the Supremacy official site for game related stuff.
The_Undying_Nephalim
Ensign
Ensign

Iceman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:06 am If you could contact them and ask for permission to use their stuff, that'd be great! Anything that we can use is game.
We really need some better models for a bunch of ships and stations.

I'm still working on setting up your Ferengi models, thanks for those too!

Some really nice sfx there!
:up:
I've reached out to both teams, I'll let you know if they get back to me. :up:

Return to “Supremacy”