salvage operations

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

salvage operations

Post by thunderchero »

I was wondering if you had ever considered salvage operations after a combat?

Salvage could be turned in to credits or increased ship production? how long salvage would take would depend on how many ships were involved.

you could even have special salvage ships to do it quicker for some races "borg/ferengi"
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: salvage operations

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Nice idea, but requires damage/destruction levels aka wreck status. I remember 'Dominion Wars' patched some variations of ship destruction in combat (some wrecks remained, blocked weapon fire and caused collision damage).
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Well, IIRC I posted something along those lines a while ago, in that there would be a "debris field" in the sector after large battles, which could be "harvested" to get some resources. Probably by Construction Ships or Troop Transports. Some minor civs have Freighters, which are not used for anything currently - those could be the special salvage ships, yes.
And we do have a Cargo Ship model for the Ferengi (which I'm not yet sure what is going to be repurposed to ATM), provided by The_Undying_Nephalim :mrgreen:

We also have a Tow order which could be used to recover damaged ships if we ever have ships get disabled in combat.

Also, akido worked on the Borg assimilating ships in combat, which was somewhat akin to the salvage thing.
Visit the Supremacy official site for game related stuff.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Cool idea. perhaps the debris field could contain Dilithium, Deuterium and Duranium that could be harvested in addition to all of the above, making the debris fields very attractive to all players that are in range of harvest.

IIRC in Ogame, if the debris field was large enough it could even create a moon!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:09 pm Cool idea. perhaps the debris field could contain Dilithium, Deuterium and Duranium that could be harvested in addition to all of the above, making the debris fields very attractive to all players that are in range of harvest.
That was the plan, yes. The amount of resources that can be harvested would depend on the destroyed ships in the battle.

IIRC in Ogame, if the debris field was large enough it could even create a moon!
Yes, I remember that!
Visit the Supremacy official site for game related stuff.

Return to “Supremacy”