Galaxy class and variants

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Galaxy class and variants

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:08 pm
thunderchero wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:01 am shading is lost as you zoom out
Might be one of the HOB model LOD distance values :roll:
all new models have no lod values :wink:
lod.jpg
lod.jpg (213.98 KiB) Viewed 217 times
EDIT; just on a side note vanilla models lose shading as you zoom out also
on the ship selected shading starts changing at about 5 zoom clicks and each click after loses little more and stops changing at 9 clicks. But other ships in display area will be at different shading stages looks like it is depending on distance from view point. :wink:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 pmhere is texture adjustment (hh1_a.gif and palette)
Will check it out very soon, thanks!

thunderchero wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 pmcould you add some "tags" to the ECM patches?
possible tags are;
TAG: fix
TAG: enhancement
TAG: other (default displays when "other" selected with no tag)
I don't want to spam your great Galaxy variants with OT. Problematic, in many cases the selectivity of the categories is hard/unclear (at least to me).

Creating a multi patch with all codes for new building output bonus types is more important (with recommended options).
This will be labor intensive and needs testing (+ MP tests) e.g. the empire wide '+% food' code: viewtopic.php?p=60801#p60801
(+ vanilla Organic Regenerators are a powerful advantage for developing big colonies from scratch, so there could be balance issues in low tech games?)

Plus I have to think about the last usable slot in the systInfo bonus area. I lean towards a static '+ ship support', albeit '+% pop growth' (local) would be nice too (but more work and +/+% food already increases effective pop growth). This would be for the new output ID 0x37. :wink:

thunderchero wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:19 pmon the ship selected shading starts changing at about 5 zoom clicks and each click after loses little more and stops changing at 9 clicks. But other ships in display area will be at different shading stages looks like it is depending on distance from view point. :wink:
Nice info, but code of 3D combat distance values is not in my wheel house. I can't even see the value for the default camera position/distance and/or the distance limits for forced perspective switches. :???:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:53 pm Nice info, but code of 3D combat distance values is not in my wheel house. I can't even see the value for the default camera position/distance and/or the distance limits for forced perspective switches. :???:
No correction should be made this is really needed. if it did not, ship would easily blend into background. :wink:
I just never noticed this before.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:53 pm [
thunderchero wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 pmcould you add some "tags" to the ECM patches?
possible tags are;
TAG: fix
TAG: enhancement
TAG: other (default displays when "other" selected with no tag)
I don't want to spam your great Galaxy variants with OT. Problematic, in many cases the selectivity of the categories is hard/unclear (at least to me).
I was finding it hard/unclear as well. so no worries patches are good as they are now (until they need updating)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 pmhere is texture adjustment (hh1_a.gif and palette)
There is a misunderstanding. It's about the slightly darker forward neck area (with torpedo launcher and lateral docking locks).

Here is original, ECM Galaxy-X and ECM Galaxy:
GalaxyTorpedoLauncher.jpg
GalaxyTorpedoLauncher.jpg (99 KiB) Viewed 156 times
It don't has to be canon, but Galaxy-X is way too dark and back extended. Galaxy looks as if dark area is facing backwards?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:56 pm It don't has to be canon, but Galaxy-X is way too dark and back extended. Galaxy looks as if dark area is facing backwards?
it never will be cannon, just better with ever adjustment
hh1v2.zip
(502.78 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
galaxy edited
lighter.jpg
lighter.jpg (28.73 KiB) Viewed 148 times
galaxy x edited
xlight.jpg
xlight.jpg (25.8 KiB) Viewed 148 times
edit; just on a side note as soon as ship pack was released Rai aka final run started editing textures and adding spot light effects and glow effect :roll:
some people are never happy...
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:36 pmbetter with ever adjustment
Thank you for fixing the confusing/strange anomalies. Approved. :cool: :up: I thought the ECM Galaxy was a simple glitch (area mirrored or left/right side texture areas interchanged). Before your last update of ECM textures I never noticed the area that dark and/or facing backwards. :???:

thunderchero wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:36 pmas soon as ship pack was released Rai aka final run started editing textures and adding spot light effects and glow effect :roll:
some people are never happy...
Tell him I want windows showing the carpet and the big window on top of the main bridge! The reflections of the camera lights on Picard's bald head will confuse the enemy sensors, so the Galaxy is harder to hit. :wink: :wink:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am It's same for ECMS of my recent full reinstall of BOTF_Top_10_mods_2.0.3b 1366x768, downloaded 12 Mar 2024.
And in addition to the Galaxy and Galaxy-X class also the Nebula class and the Sovereign are affected.
found issue, german files still had older (not needed) version of palette.lst that over wrote correct file.

Note; I did a lot of clean up on ECM German files (duplicate files English already adds)

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”