1.0.3 project

Error Correction Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

i am assuming if by chance that when all this is done there would be one download that would have everything on and place mods in folders ready to be accessed when wanted and new ones can be added when created?

just so its easy like lol. when things like that are easy, more ppl will play and we can get more multis going then :)

good work by the way keep it coming
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

jaruler wrote:i am assuming if by chance that when all this is done there would be one download that would have everything on and place mods in folders ready to be accessed when wanted and new ones can be added when created?

just so its easy like lol. when things like that are easy, more ppl will play and we can get more multis going then :)

good work by the way keep it coming
new multi installers will have prefix of "MULTI" and cd version will be the same as before. But don't know why you would still want to use from cd :wink:

and once testing is done they will be in download section on main page.

thunderchero
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

just got new files to try, thanks thunder

installation was longer then before but it worked fine

my question is... at present moment, is there a way to selectively run BOP or UDM in either Other lobby or BOTF lobby on WZ?

in the Other lobby, there is only 1.0.3 or BOTF in the drop menue

i was supposed to play an mp game tonight with a buddy - bop - how can i get the wz to start bop and not botf 1.0.2 or 1.0.3 with the new self installer?

incidentally, i tried installing bop 1.1 e selfinstaller (original, not the new multi kind) onto 1.0.2 and it asked for CD-rom, then aborted installation... curiously, instead of unstalling the whole thing, i found a new way to repair a 1.0.2 installation... it is still running... will it actually restore 1.0.2 to before i tried to botch it with bop?

edit: repair seems to have run its' course and pronouced its' job complete... i installed bop from the multi series - it works but displays 0.0.0 for version at main screen... otherwise all is good.

thanks
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

ruthlessferengi wrote:just got new files to try, thanks thunder
No problem
ruthlessferengi wrote:installation was longer then before but it worked fine
it is longer due it is making a complete backup for installing mods
ruthlessferengi wrote:my question is... at present moment, is there a way to selectively run BOP or UDM in either Other lobby or BOTF lobby on WZ?

in the Other lobby, there is only 1.0.3 or BOTF in the drop menue

i was supposed to play an mp game tonight with a buddy - bop - how can i get the wz to start bop and not botf 1.0.2 or 1.0.3 with the new self installer?
not sure why you were not showing UDM in drop down menu I was just on warzone and showed all 6 I have installed.

there are 3 options
1. you could give link to your buddy
2. I will have new cd installers ready in just a few hours.
3. you can use old installers to install mod over exe or cd installs with cd or iso.
ruthlessferengi wrote:incidentally, i tried installing bop 1.1 e selfinstaller (original, not the new multi kind) onto 1.0.2 and it asked for CD-rom, then aborted installation... curiously, instead of unstalling the whole thing, i found a new way to repair a 1.0.2 installation... it is still running... will it actually restore 1.0.2 to before i tried to botch it with bop?
I have not tested this much but should be no problem and even with mods installed you can uninstall 1.0.2 then re install it. this will not effect mods

thunderchero
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Thunder,

when i try to download the UDM link i download click run and it says "setup files are corrupted" and to get a new copy what do i do???

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

jonboylondon,

yeah but try using internet explorer it work best with this site.

thunderchero
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

i do use ie

also 1.02 runs ok but 1.03 and uncivil war crash as soon as i boot up. screen goes black and freezes

:cry:
[bonk!]
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

jonboylondon,

did you delete all mods and original cd version from system before installing?
And did you do the same after corupt download?

and if you could give operating system and some specs?

since it froze I am guessing no crash logs.

but you might try redownloading first.

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

-JBL is right, multi UDM gives this message if you try to run autoinstaller regardless of OS and browser. No way to install yet. (But I’ve no problems with 103 & UCW)

-103german shiplist.sst needs to be resorted, otherwise the ship tech tree is screwed up, caused by resorted shiptech

-103english&german Feds using now klingon torpedeos

-If you run BoP english exe for some reason BoP german begins (Tested re-installation no change) the last installers were fine here.

-BoP ship crashes from my old post happens now to ALL ships
File: texture.cpp, Line: 378, i == GOOD_READ

-All new installers can’t be opened by 7Zip manually (tried to check BoP files of autoinstallers)

-De-install entry of BoP German is called BoP Greman

Sorry for this news thunderchero, :cry:

and thanks again for the patient work on this great project :)

Hope you find still enough time for important things in life. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

tried that straight away thunder.....

I loaded 1.02, then 1.03,then bop, then udm but when it said run i got the message.

i then tried to load each one and only 1.02 worked all others went to a black screen.

all mods and stuff were uninstalled first time....

im using xp - what other info do you need thunder? Let me know cause im feeling a bit like this at the moment

:P

JBL
[bonk!]
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Hi JBL,
did you wait for the finished installation wizard screen?

Because there is a short break in installation of mods you could misunderstand as finish.

I've just tested all installers, and only UDM3 and the BoP english (game is german) is strange to me.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

re uploading UDM now should be up by 9 pm central time us

also uploading replacement 1.0.3 ger with ship list fix should be up about the same time.

here is all the images from documents of torpedeo mod

as far as sound problem you are mixing them if you install 1.0.2 german that is your base install so all video and depending on if sound is shipped with mod like UMD and UCW.

EDIT: UDM I am checking new upload now. also some file got mixed up on BOP english so new version is up for it to. with 1.0.3 german. all are same links.

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

thunderchero wrote:here is all the images from documents of torpedeo mod
Yep, I remember that is latest torpedeo mod from joker's page (I used it for long time) and Fed/Kling torps are different here, but not in 103.

thunderchero wrote:as far as sound problem you are mixing them if you install 1.0.2 german that is your base install so all video and depending on if sound is shipped with mod like UMD and UCW.

EDIT: UDM I am checking new upload now. also some file got mixed up on BOP english so new version is up for it to. with 1.0.3 german. all are same links.
That’s not a sound only issue, but I think I found the problem: The multi-bop-english trek.exe loads registry bopG.

And the ship crash issue is important.(english and german BoP)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble,

Not sure why you are getting crashes on ships on BOP. Is this is in research screen or in battle or build screen? I have looked and tested every ship now.

not sure why but UDM will not upload right will try a new compile and re upload.

I also might not have made it clear before if you have any old file from previous test they will not work with this version.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
thunderchero wrote:here is all the images from documents of torpedeo mod
Yep, I remember that is latest torpedeo mod from joker's page (I used it for long time) and Fed/Kling torps are different here, but not in 103.
then I am not sure what mod you are talking about.

EDIT
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
thunderchero wrote:EDIT: UDM I am checking new upload now. also some file got mixed up on BOP english so new version is up for it to. with 1.0.3 german. all are same links.
That’s not a sound only issue, but I think I found the problem: The multi-bop-english trek.exe loads registry bopG.
we both were right had some files and german exe.

EDIT 2
link has been fixed for UDM
new file uploaded for BOP english fixed exe and files
new file uploaded for 1.0.3 german shiplist mix up.

not as an excuse but just added up files and it is over 25,000 I am tring to keep straight.

thunderchero
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

question, what is Bop? sry a bit new to these forums.

Return to “Error Correction Mod”