AFTER ACTION REPORT: Sunday 4th of May

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

AFTER ACTION REPORT: Sunday 4th of May

Post by RSE_Dissy »

The game was started (after alil delay as always with getting sorted connecting lol) with flocke as romulans, myself(dissy) as ferengi, chris as cardassians, and luca as klingons.

We set a few rules for a game. The settings were t5 large, many minors, irregular galaxy, normal skill level (i set it at this so that minor races would not be so advanced structurally when they pop, thus limiting their importance to some degree), with domination setting and no randoms.

We decided that for the first 50 turns we would only be allowed to be war/neutral/non aggro/or friendship, so stopped any super strong blocks forming early.

THE FERENGI ALLIANCE's view, by RSE_Dissy!

The game started for me with 3 solid systems, maxed pop at 270 and 340 (ish?) pretty solid, and as ferg on t5 i knew exactly what i needed. I sent out scouts looking for dilith, and terraformed my other colonised planets to get max pop, started researching for raider II and starting popping out raider Is as quick as i could.. i found selay and quickly invaded..within the first 20 turns i met klings and signed friendship, for some time we kept that treaty. Later while hunting for my other dilith I found cardassians. I was top right, klings top middle, cardassians bottom right. Being ferg and wanting many trade routes I treatied the cardassies too after getting my 3rd dilith on a colony and affiliating takara and building outposts to stretch to romulan space...

Things were peaceful for awhile... I met romulans however and we started fighting immediatly, over andor a fleet of 9 romulan ships retreated from a fleet of raiders, but my raiders being valuable i fled knowing more romulan ships must be lurking around..

I could see the map developing, romulans and the bottom left friendly with tons of minors, klingons at the top friendly with tons of minors, and poor cardassians strandered with no dilith and no minors, his only dilith source was sheliak conquered by the romulans.. or my colony!

This was about turn 36.. I've got 3x9 ferg raiders on the romulan border and I don't really know how many ships they've got or the cardassians have got! Cardies are being friendly..until he asks me to leave raiders on romulan border to distract rom so he can take shelia, i do so, and i position them on bynaus, which i've just bribed off romulans..although it's only affiliated at the moment. Romulans message me and it does look like me and card are allied, but it's only turn 40.. at this point me and rom have been fighting but not at war yet.. as i didnt want to alienate his minors..as i wanted to bribe them all haha! I sign friendship treaty with rom, as a mark of good faith, cardassians get a lil nervy, recall from shelia and now start heading towards bynaus as a result of my friendship with romulans! It's getting a lil hairy, but I know my raiders will defeat cardies fleet, but not without serious losses! And raider class II upgrade was close!

After a lil bit of diplomacy, it is agreed to stay peaceful with cardassians.. and the same with romulans.. all this time klingons have been expanding a great deal and currently:

Klingons have 13 system
Romulan have 12 system
I have 8 system
and Card has 5 system

card/rom/and me seem to have significant military strength..

The peace lasts until turn 60.

I upgrade 50 Raider IIs, scrap 2 of them to create 24,000 credits and quickly produce 10 troop transports.. I go straight for Shelia only to be hit by 5 suicidal battle cruisers which sacrifice themselves to destroy my TTs...

The turn after my Raiders go straight for Romulus.. to raid and steal money, I send 2 tts to unprotected romulan colonies for invasion.

I've been chatting with cards and we have a pretty solid agreement.. he needs expansion and I dont want it to be me, but he is weaker than rom.. so i'm going to go in and kill romulans fleet and take a few system, then move on up to klingon and do the same to kling. While leaving the romulans to fight with the Cardassians!

I arrive on romulus with 47 raider class IIs, and I am immediatly ambushed by 21 romulan battle cruisers CLASS TWOs and 4 romulan destroyers. Romulan had upgraded his ships too! This battle looks tough. but i stay on defensive, i keep evading. He destroys alot of ships the first time.. and the second time.. ! and it comes down to around 25 raiders vs 10 battle cruiser IIs!! Crunch time!, I set 1 raider to strafe every bc with no shields, and send 3 raiders to strafe bcs with shields.. ! all bc's are destroyed!.. i'm left with 12 raiders however after two turns of strafing..! I successfully invade 2 rom colonies the same turn the big fight happened! Leaving romulan with a big morale hit and stolen credits each turn!

NEW PLAYER JOINS: Ottmus takes over AI feds after a 1 hour dinner break....

After another crash(lol..there was a few) and a few more turns of raiding, I'm pull my raiders out towards the klingons, and allow cardassians advancing 20+ heavy cruisers to keep romulans busy.. I manage to get friendship treaty with roms, putting my credit intake to +2200 after the loss of a massive chunk of my fleet vs roms.

I'm now affiliated with kling, but on the war path :s

Benzar and Chalnoth are both beside a black hole.. I send my invasion fleet there...I sent other ships to a black hole near Antica, which is klings nearest system to me..

I've been exploring kling space and not stumbled across any big fleets of ships, so i send 2 tts and 2 raiders to all 3 of those systems, and send my raiders up there... But the turn i declare war.. i loose range ! and see 2 fleets of raiders strandered.. I successfully invade benzar and chalnoth but antica repels! I know for 2-3 turns my fleet will be exposed until i can build shipyards!

Thankfully, cos they were beside a black hole, my ships avoid detection, I re-enforce with shipyards+scanners and liberate Bajor. My ships are now position on quonos raiding..Cardassians took sheliak after much dallying around with romulans reconstructed fleet! And the new federation has some ships, and has the second biggest economy in the game!

The turn is around turn 75... Ferengi has 13 system, fed 12, klingon now only 9, cardassian now has 6 or 7, and romulan is down to 12.. after loosing a few and gaining a few more minor races!

Roms have 7 minors, mostly all of them fully popped and is in a strong economical position if they can recover from the ferengi/cardassian attacks.. Klingon is now ravaged, with 3 systems lost and loosing credits to raiding ferengi.. I presume a federation fleet is on it's way to help soon!

Until next time!

Game scheduled to continue on Tuesday

Sorry for poor grammer

-------------

PLAY AT EWARZONE FOR MUCHOS FUN :D
BOTF 4eva!

:P
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

This was a very interesting game to say the least. Playing as the Cardassians, this is what happened from the perspective of the Union.

The Cardassian Union, with reports coming in of possible Romulan systems in the area, decided to increase intelligence output throughout the systems very early on, ready to infiltrate the Romulans if these reports were true.

Secondly, the Unions hunger to subjugate some minor races to support the Cardassian cause was a main objective from the beginning, and with needing some dilithium to support a large military force, some scouts were dispatched to do a sensor sweep.

Unfortunately for them, the Mizarians were next to the Cardassian home systems, and within one turn of declaring war, they surrendered to the might of Cardassia and joined as a member.

The search continued, and the outlook was not good. There were no dilithium moons or minor races within the reach of the Cardassian scouts, a fleet had to be assembled utilising but two dilithium moons.

While on a scouting mission, contact was made with the Ferengi Alliance. These inferior beings were needed by Cardassia to strengthen their economy, and so a peace treaty was accepted for trade routes to commence.

While a strong fleet of Heavy Cruisers were being commissioned on the Cardassian homeworld, the Romulans were found. But not only that, they had Shelia, the closest star to the Union that had dilithium.
After hearing reports that the Ferengi were meeting the Romulans in battles on a few occasions, Central Command agreed to prepare an invasion force to declare war on the Romulans and take Shelia.

However, after asking the Ferengi to stay in the area to deter the Romulan fleet, and as soon as the Cardassian heavy cruisers were in Shelia’s system with troop transports closely following, the Ferengi signed a peace treaty with the Romulans! This meant the Cardassian Union could be betrayed by the Ferengi and Cardassia would be open for attack by a large group of Raiders while orbiting Shelia.

In light of this, the fleet pulled back to Cardassia via the Ferengi colony of Bynaus because of the possibility of treachery. However after scanning the system it was decided that a battle against the Ferengi force of raiders at that time would have not been best for the union, so they were spared.

After a few turns, the Cardassians signed a peace treaty with the Romulans, and waited in the corner of the galaxy thinking about the next course of action.

After some swift deliberation, the Cardassians and Ferengi reached an agreement and an intelligence offensive was launched against the Romulan Star Empire. This was the only viable way to keep Cardassia safe, but at the same time destroy the Romulans from within. But, for a gruelling amount of time, the Cardassians were stuck in the corner.

Meanwhile, contact had been made with the Klingon Empire. After declaring war on them for destroying a Cardassian scout, they asked for a peace treaty with a 1000 credit contribution to the Union. It was accepted.

Many turns passed, and more and more Heavy Cruisers were being built and trained on the Cardassian homeworld, when the Ferengi Alliance declared war on the Romulan Star Empire. This was the perfect opportunity to expand.

The Ferengi had upgraded to Raider 2’s and had about 45 ships on route to Romulan space. A battle was fought, the Romulan fleet wiped out, with 10 or so raiders left from the Ferengi fleet. Cardassia now had the biggest military.

25 Heavy Cruisers made there way to Shelia, with an agreement with the Ferengi that they would leave the Romulans alone for Cardassian expansion, and they would go after the Klingons instead.

First the Cardassians destroyed a small Romulan colony to spread fear among their empire, and then within a few turns, Shelia finally fell to Cardassian rule. Although this system was in a bad state, it had dilithium, the Cardassians now had 3 sources.

The Cardassian fleet now orbits Romulus, and Romulan ships are in retreat. The Ferengi continue to take Klingon systems with rumours that the Federation are nearby. The next moves are about to be made, then a sync error :D

To be continued..
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I think I have to point out the romulan point of view...

Very interesting game - dunno if I got bellyache cause of a cardassian poison drink or if game went worse for the romulan cause of my bellyache I got :lol:
Nothing weighty, I'm already feeling better. I think I had eaten my lunch too fast yesterday - in excitement to the upcoming game :lol:

Ok, had a good 2nd system that I could even terraform to about 380ppl I think. My third one wasn't that good, but seemed to be a good starting.
Had many minors around me and thought I should get some of them. Two I captured quickly (the bolian and the sheliak) and the others I decided to keep for later.

I decided to enforce research for my BCII upgrade from beginning on.
Saw a cardassian scout to the right and decided not to meet them cause of gettin' sabotaged as the cardassian always do.
I colonized a third dilithium system after having conquered the sheliak and have build ships on all my homesystems all the time from now on.
There came my first big fault. I didn't know we started on normal difficulty! All the upgraded minors I bribed by scrapping ships had a much more worse industry than I imagined. The Ullians even had only type 2 factories! Not a good investion.
I know I should have noticed my 'normal' morale on romulus in the beginning. But I always have only played on impossible and just didn't thought about :(

So, a little later the ferengis came and started exploring all the systems around me. Cause I feared about Dissy bribing my potential members, I decided to try stopping him from exploring. But with his fast scouts my chances to stop him finding all 'my' minors were not good.
But I got one of his scouts just over Yridia, one of my friends. And I got him into fight together with the yridians on my side, so that should have lowered the relation between the yridians and the ferengis.
The ferengi stopped exploring 'my space' (Yridia is only one or two sectors away from Romulus) but now Dissy started accumulating his fleet above Andor, another good friend of me (and the andorians normally have very good systems after upgrading and would have given the ferengis the possibility to train their crew). So I thought I should try keeping Dissy away from conquering Andor and got deeper into touble with the ferengies.

Then I finally met the cardassians - or to be accurate, they have met me.
Immediately I got sabotaged and my intel was only able to defend few of the sabotage attacks.
Now I got into real deep trouble! Fighting the ferengis while getting sabotaged by the cardassians!

For a little time it seemed as if the ferengis made an inofficial alliance with the cardassians, cause both of their fleets appeared at my boarder, hunting for me.
I tryed to get affilated with both of them, hoping that one would accept cause there was no chance on fighting them both.
Luckily both decided to make friendship with me and I got some more time to invest further in new minors to the left. (I kept hoping to get a minor with good industry - what a pighead/bullhead)

Beeing affilated I hoped the ferengies would find a new enemy - the klingons or the cardassians. But unfortunately they just continued preparing to make war on me, as well as the cardassians did! And 25 turns later Dissy began his invasion with all these raider II With the cardassians following.

Jep, here my second big fault came! I thought it would give me some more turns when destroying Dissy's tts, but the turn after, I remembered their enormous raiding abilities. I shouldn't have send 5 BC into suicide but wait till my upgrade (that would have been finished several turns before without of getting sabotaged by the cardassians).
With another 5 BCII i would have won the big battle above romulus!

So, I paid the price and lost a few systems and now the cardassians continue the work of the ferengis :lol:

Doesn't look good for me now...

I'm always questioning me: Where the hell is the big fearsome klingon armada? They should have knocked out the ferengis instead of gettin beaten and loosing systems to the ferengis! Did they even build one single Heavy Cruiser?

I think I'll be on tomorrow, but can't assure how long cause normally I would have to stand up early on wednesday.

------
P.S. It was Ottmar (Otti) taking the federation later on ;)
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

guys i hope you dont mind me popping in here to ask a few question?
what do you set the timers at?
how often do you save games?
do you take pre-arranged breaks?
it sounds like you deal with empire diplomacy in chat?
i 'm sorry to be a nuisance ,but the old threads have gone and mp is something i want to get into in the very near future.Trevtones has been helpful but there is still a lot i'm missing about the practicalities of it all.
thanks in advance carcher.
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

@Carcher

Theres 4 of us hanging out in eWarzone right now if you want to drop in we'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

But I'll answer these questions...

Timer is up to you, personally I've never seen a timer set as people want to see number of turns. Remember everyone does there turns at the same time.

The game saves automatically at the end of each turn, when there's a crash the host hits continue, which loads auto.sav, and joiners go to new multiplayer game. But you can manually save if you wish to do so.

Breaks can be taken when everyone agrees.

I'm not sure how they were chatting but they couldve sent messages to each other on ewarzone or they could ignore their enemies and chat directly in the game or team speak.

Hope that helps

Edit: I know how you feel about the practicalities of the gameplay, it felt daunting to me too, all I can tell you is to get in there and get your feet wet! Dont sweat the small potatoes!!! :-)
Last edited by trevtones on Mon May 05, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

@trevtones..thanks trev,i must decline youre kind offer at the moment but next week,when the wifes back at work!(i've got 5-6 week off)will definitely get stuck in and break my duck,thanks again for the answers.
cheers carcher
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

come on guys...i'm waiting with baited breath here...who won?
i somehow managed to"" fall into" warzone last night just as you were finishing
reagards carcher
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

ah we have to continue the game hehe :) will update as it happens
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
count23
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by count23 »

Where's the Klingon's point of view? shouldn't we hear why he built nothing?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I would like to hear it as well!
It's not a shame to confess one's faults, right? (klingon honor always is an interesting issue) :)

Even I keep learning on my faults... :? *damn* :evil: :lol:

Return to “Multiplayer Games”