MP, small map, T4: best opponet to klingons is...? why?

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

in MP, T4, small map: best opponet to klingons is...?

romulans
67%
federation
No votes
cardassians
7%
ferengi (right...)
27%
anything will work!
No votes

Total votes: 15

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

MP, small map, T4: best opponet to klingons is...? why?

Post by ruthlessferengi »

in your opinion, who is the best opponent to klingons on small map in T4 game?
Last edited by ruthlessferengi on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

dominion lol :lol:

some body had too say it........

thunderchero
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

thunderchero wrote:dominion lol :lol:

some body had too say it........

thunderchero
ROLFLMAO!!!!
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Romulan....they nullify the klingon cloaking device and so long as you outnumber them in battle you should be able to get them.

They have superior research to the klingons, and if you're lazy, sit back and intel them to death :twisted:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Hard one. Either Roms or Cards.

Roms are great if you're not near each other, sit back and intel them to death, avoid fights etc.

Cards, I just love them. Better ships than roms, still have intel although research is slow.

Either way, if Kling starts with being right next to you, you're pretty dead with a BC rush.

Tough choice. :?
QuakeDevil
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by QuakeDevil »

If you are next to klingons, fed is good. The dd2 is cheap and not bad against kling ships until dd2. You can buy a fast fleet of fed dd2.

If far away it's a toss up between roms and cards. Cards can get dd2 almost as fast as klings, and then ram dd2 to dd2. Roms can get dd2 almost as fast too, but their dd2 is not good enough in battle. Although if rom rams, both die. But kling will shoot rom dd2 down sometimes before rom dd can ram, well kling can shoot down card too, but card can ram 2-3 times..

If ferg can get raider in time to match up against kling dd2, it would be a good fight too. Kling would try to ram raider. Raider would most likely be green, while kling would be regular or vet.

I would say cards or roms, because i like to intel kling. And card rams well at dd1 or dd2. But rom cloak is good for hit and run. It's the big battle that rom have trouble with.

You also have to think about taking over major races, if you are far away from your enemy. That helps with a slew of things. More credits, research, ships support and range.... PLUS MORALE from conquering a race.

So if you pick feds you would hope to be near klings, and have ai declare war at you, to invade them. Or you take too large a morale hit declaring war at ai.

In my tourney t4 match i picked roms. I made it to dd2, and now kling scout and bc run from me. But i run from kling dd2. But he needs to get me quick or my intel will take his dd2 from him.

Kling are hard at t4, but not unbeatable.

Anyone agree or diagree with my observations?

QD
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i agree, d2 is a pain but it can be managed:) if you can't kill it, steal it...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

IMHO, if the Klingons are close to you, then it's gg anyway, since there will be two scouts popping up each turn, and they're just too cheap and too strong (let alone cloak, speed 3, scanners and long range).

Now if you're not so close, then you have to consider the next Klingon advantage, the destroyer upgrade with a cost ratio of 4.38.

Only Cards (4.01) and Roms (3.93) can compete with this. The Feds get the CC upgrade (not even doubling the cost), and the Ferengi get nothing until tech 7 (but at tech 7 it's K'Vort time...).

The Cardassians get the stronger destroyers and about 50% more industry than the Romulans, but the Romulans have the cloak, better speed/accuracy/defense and, not to forget, 15000 credits compared to the 10000 that the Cards get. Both of them have a (small) chance.

Just my two credits ;)
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I would requestion the thread, who can compete with romulan on t4! LOL
No really, most people think klingon is that invincable on t4 and t5 but that's just bollocks.
Yes, in many cases Klingon is having an huge advantage on t5, but not on t4.
I prefer Romulan over Cardassian cause I never had good experience with card, although I know the Cardassian is great, too. But versus Klingon, you've already more than enough intel as romulan, you just have to find him quickly.
On t4 small map this is easy, but I think even on bigger map the chances of Romulan aren't that bad.
Worst disadvantage of Klingon dest is that it can't cloak. So although it's having better weapons and can be upgraded early, having a cloaked fleet of equal amount of romulan dest, you can just go ramming them to death.
The best and only real weapon the Klingon has on t4 is his superior scout2 combined with his fast and powerful trooptransport2.
But same as with dest, go ramming, steal ships and credits and so on.
As Klingon you might be better in early fight, but not in overall, you just need to learn all the special tricks and tactics with Romulan.

In my opinion, t4 is quite balanced for klingon and romulan and game mostly depends on map luck and experience.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”