Information on eWarZone

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

hm... i run my xp lappy on wireless.. no problems.. that's while the other lap is hogging the net... both of ye set static ip, right?
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Just configured my vista laptop for botf and now all seems to be fine for playing in warzone.
I'm connected through cable cause I don't have a wireless router yet.

I've just installed BotF from my own cd image, then jokers 1.0.2 xp... patch, then Hades 3D patch.
Windows Firewall is off, but I'm using the COMODO Firewall instead + freeAVG. BotF and WarZone are allowed in firewall.
I've set static ip for my laptop in homenetwork for IPv4 and forwarded the ports in my router.

I still need to test, but all ports pass and everything seems to be fine now.
I may have to config COMODO again like on my xp machine - opening some ports explicitly.

A little (BIG) trouble I got was with installing botf to the "Program Files" folder that's default by vista. BotF ran fine but when trying to play in mp, I got the network config menu after launching and hitting new multiplayer game. I didn't get the race choosing menu or on hosting the galaxy config menu. Tracked it down to the space in filepath! SP and everything fine, but with a whitespace in filepath no mp working! :lol:
without of a space character everything is fine. :twisted:

P.S. back in Hamburg ;)
The_Nighthawk
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by The_Nighthawk »

Flocke wrote:A little (BIG) trouble I got was with installing botf to the "Program Files" folder that's default by vista. BotF ran fine but when trying to play in mp, I got the network config menu after launching and hitting new multiplayer game. I didn't get the race choosing menu or on hosting the galaxy config menu. Tracked it down to the space in filepath! SP and everything fine, but with a whitespace in filepath no mp working! :lol:
without of a space character everything is fine. :twisted:
THIS! This right here. This is MY problem. Explain in simple words exactly what you did to fix this. I got the connotations of what you said, but I'm not grasping the specifics of how to correct this for myself.

I might be able to play on warzone after all!! *crosses fingers*
Playing BoP whenever the wife allows!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

hm, you're also having trouble with port test...
all ports passed, but I still couldn't play. Not even with bypass...

But, if you've installed to a directorypath containing a space character, deinstall and install to a different directorypath without of any spaces within. Than at least bypass should work!

"Program Files" is a killer on that one - only found out incidentally
I've installed to C:\Spiele\BotF now instead of C:\Program Files\BotF
I checked it twice, the "Program Files" folder really has caused that trouble for me. 8)

Good luck!

EDIT: I'm not completely sure about the space character...
If I remember right it worked with an installation on my xp machine in a folder containing spaces, but on vista no chance at least not in Program Files folder. May be due to another reason, someone would need to test that with vista and another directorypath than Program Files. One time with and one time without of spaces...
Maybe vista has set some specials on the Program Files folder or whatever.
I mean, browsing my hard disk, vista doesn't even show me the directory as "Program Files" but as "Programme" but I know it's physically named "Program Files" on hard disk...

Whatever, try with different directorypathes - C:\botf always should work
The_Nighthawk
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by The_Nighthawk »

It worked!! I can play on Warzone!

Much swearing will now commence on the stupidy of Vista and the fact that I probably didn't need to buy a new router, even though the old one was pissing me off for other reasons.
Playing BoP whenever the wife allows!
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

The_Nighthawk wrote:It worked!! I can play on Warzone!

Much swearing will now commence on the stupidy of Vista and the fact that I probably didn't need to buy a new router, even though the old one was pissing me off for other reasons.
That's dedication to the game though!!!

Great job figuring that out flocke, who would have ever thought that the installation directory could influence whether or not you could play MP?

and VISTA SUCKS.......it's all candy where's the meat and potatoes??? :-)
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

The_Nighthawk wrote:It worked!! I can play on Warzone!

now that you are free to roam...
j'ai besoin une revanche, mon ami canadian:)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dx_chaos »

Hey All

Need some help from you technically gifted people.

I can join games on ewarzone ok but can't seem to host. Can anybody suggest what sort of things i need to be looking at changing?

Bit vague I know :? but any suggestions welcome

Chaos
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

This is common with firewalls not being configured.
Either in your router or in your computer.

As host, you've to expect clients to send first message, connecting to your game.
Many firewalls allow incoming connections of IPs you've previously sent a message to by yourself, that's why joining as client is less complicated, but as host first message from clients trying to connect will have a new, unknown IP to the firewall causing it to block the connection.

Control your router if it's possible to configure its firewall and check the firewalls on your pc, if there are any. For most software firewalls you just need to allow/trust trek.exe (from mod you're playing) and dplaysvr.exe to be found in WINDOWS/system32, some may need to open ports specificly.
All wothful firewalls log blocked connections, having a look might help.
I myself use FREE COMODO and can recommend it if you want to switch yours.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Hi,

got a little problem with Warzone. I had to set up a whole new system on my harddrive. It's still XP Service Pack 3 with latest drivers and Updates.

O/S itself and internet connection are just running excellent, except for *tadaa* Warzone. :(

The Port Test always fails no matter which settings I use. The Ports in my router are opened, the progs are almost exactly the same as before re-installing windows when Warzone seemed to work just fine. LobbyClient.exe and trek.exe are on the "White List" of my firewall either and every potential interfering background application is closed. I use DirectX 9.0c (as before).

Anybody got an idea? The port test reports that ALL of them are failing, and it takes about 3 minutes each time. Before reinstalling it took a minute.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

for me the dx port test only takes one or two seconds if it passes.

sounds like your pc is having a different lan ip than before.
did you configure a static ip?
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Not that I know. How do I find out about that? The whole network connection was configured automatically except for the router portforwarding which I had done before re-installing and which worked fine until then.

Yeah it took me 2-3 seconds before either, and a minute in the longest case (at first test), but now I can go have a cup of milk (I hate coffee). :wink:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

well, you can check your current lan ip by opening a command prompt console start->execute/ausführen->cmd
then typing: ipconfig /all
check if the ipv4 address is the same as set for portforwarding in your router

if you have only one computer in lan, you normally don't need setting up a static ip, but else you'll need one to assure the router always forwards to the right computer, like told on http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

As far as I can see the IP adress is the same in Windows and Router. But at the top of the ipconfig window it says:

"Windows IP Configuration: IP Routing activated: no"

Could that be the reason? And if so how do I change it? I tried to reboot the rooter a few minutes ago but it didn't work.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

it's not activated for me either, so that shouldn't be the reason

as for IP being the same, I dunno where you're looking ;)
I hope you had a look at the portforwarding, many have mistaken on that...

other than this, there's just your windows firewall and maybe defender and stuff left, whatever security tools are included in xp sp3

in windows firewall you need to open each single port to let them pass as far I remember...

Return to “Multiplayer Games”