SIGNUP HERE FOR AN EPIC 5 PLAYER T4 LARGE UDM3 GAME

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

PLAYERS MUST BE DEDICATED TO PLAYING UNTIL THE BITTER END!

anyone is welcome to apply to join this game but it is notoriously hard to finish a 5 player game until the very end!

i imagine the game will progress as follows, all 5 pick a race, don't matter i don't mind on race, and ingame the rules will be "free for all" do whatever diplomacy you feel fit for your empire, betray your alliance, really anything goes... players are all required to remain in the game until they are effectively dead; effectively dead means either all their outlying colonies are conquered, all their fleet is masacred, or they've lost their homeworld.. no players will "surrender" because they're simply having a bad game; they can still be useful to an alliance;

eventually i'll forsee the 1 or 2 players get killed off and the others continue fighting, whatever really it's free for all so anything can happen!

the game time will be arranged here after the 5 players are decided! i've no idea how much interest in the game there will be but if there's alot of interest then i guess i'll just pick the other 4 players myself or something heh

i'm thinking settings of t4 large many irregular no randoms impossible skill

many minors so each empire is likely to get 1 or 2, t4 so's everyone actually has to play well and build a solid empire to get the best ships! and large for obvious reasons..

so

lets get some interest this is something i'd be well up for , remember only signup if you are DEDICATED to the game's completion, whichever way it goes, if it turns out well could maybe make it a regular thang
dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dx_chaos »

I would definitely be interested in the sort of game you are suggesting - with a regular time slot etc.

The only qualm i would have is UDM3 - I have no experience of this at all. Having said that i suppoe i could be persuaded if it meant a regular fun game.

Good idea 8)
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

personally, id rather go Vanilla 1.0.3 , and tech 3 start ( just love to start T3 )
Gor
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Gor »

Send me a msg I would love to play. Just downloaded a very well done mod called UDM3
Pawleus
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: USS Achilles, on the way to Deep Space 6, destination: Zakdorn Military Academy

Post by Pawleus »

I would love to play such a game if it was possible to make it stable enough. All my multiplayer experience is from LAN games with my friend (quite a time ago) and even for two players it was hardly bearable. However, I've recently bought a new laptop and the game is very stable on it - I've experienced no crashes in tactical and just one single crash at the beginning of a turn, playing 5 games using different races for about 100 turns each starting at UDM3 T3 (myself, AIs - T4). It would've been great but, unfortunately, the game runs slower than on my 7-year old laptop (I have no idea why), so it is only good. If you could find players that have the game stable count me in.

In such a game diplomacy is a key and there could be much more fun than playing against one human opponent where there is just war and nothing more. I like diplomacy and being peaceful suits my character so I would love to play Feds at any starting level - I play for winning but for fun first of all.

I wonder why you plan to set it to no randoms. With randoms on there is additional flavour and it would even be interestning to have the Borg in the game (if it is possible and balanced in UDM3 - I haven't tried it yet).

How do you plan to set timer? With my game being slow now I would prefer no timer, of course, but I could probably bear some reasonable settings although the game would be more difficult this way for me.

Ending, I am interested and I am dedicated.
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

good to hear some interest!

i think it can be stable - but would take maybe an hour or more of dedicated trying to get everyone in - and perservance will be needed to accomodate for crashes!

hamachi is most stable way to play online - if everyone can connect to each other that shud defo be used - but meet would be on the warzone where everyone gathers atm!

i'm thinking to play on sundays, make it a weekly thing!

all of you guys who posted - i've only seen Chaos on Warzone - so Gor/sevenreth and pawleus come on warzone and have a chat - we could test to see if we connect on hamachi etc!

Anymore people interested? if get big number could make a "5 player diplomacy sunday" where tons meet and have games !
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

are we going 100% hamachi? i've only used Warzone for multiplayers

I think we should also agree that only XP clients should host the whole game ( more stable than Vista )
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

well we can try on warzone, and if have probs can use hamachi; but in my experience warzone crashes alot with more than 4 players hamachi would be alittle bit more stable..

Peace, Love & Unity
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Sign me up. I'm available anytime.
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

OK I'M BUMPING THIS AND PUTTING THE PLAN INTO ACTION!!

Players will be:

DX_Chaos
Severenth
mickar
RSE_Chris
and
myself!

!!! All candidates reply with best times to play !!!
format:

Day: Sunday/Monday/Tues
Time: After 6.30 GMT until 11.30 - 5 hour slot!

Game should take many sessions to complete so let's all find a matching "game time slot"

and then begin!

(further edit: SETTINGS t4 (epiclargemap) irreg random events off many minor races impossible skillz level - plz discuss? all ok with settings?)

Peace, Love & Unity
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

oh and sorry pawlues and gor but having not seen you on warzone led me to pic kothers over ya, but plz start joining warzone other games room, join the mp sensation of botf!! woooo
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Settings sound good for UDM.

Im available just about within your stated time-frame.

6pm - 11pm BST.
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Sunday is perfect, I can play all day. I can still play Mon and Tues but not as long probably.
dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dx_chaos »

Dissy (and others)

Sorry - but for personal reasons I must withdraw - I have sent you a pm dissy which explains all

Thanks for thought and good luck :wink:
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

As from 31st of May for 2 weeks, I am available as required at any time with at least 24 hours notice ( to adjust sleep patterns etc )
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending

Return to “Multiplayer Games”