Mods for multiplayer

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Locustus
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Mods for multiplayer

Post by Locustus »

You might get ewarzone or some way to get online with the game, but what about mods? The game slows down in large games and crashes in large battles, so I think you absolutely have to recommend the mods that you guys generally use.

I would also love if you made a mod to get hotseat into the game, so that I can properly initiate some friends :D Being able to play with your friend is much more fun than a demonstration against the computer.

In any case, I'm new here and never played multiplayer, so I'd be practically helpless in one of your games. And I won't be able to spend any significant time before the session is over two months from now.

I am playing Ultimate Mod 3 now and I'm wondering what you are playing for multiplayer. I think this mod is a significant improvement to the game, there is just no way you could say that it alters something. It is pure improvement. :) The game still crashes in some battles and slows down in large games. I also had serious problems installing it because there was an extra trek exe file among the files I was supposed to stick into stbof -- quite fatal.
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

I don't think it is possible to get a hotsit in the game - how about hooking up two comps via lan?

game crash, particularly in MP. most stable in MP is vanilla, i.e. unmodded. There is no mod that will is as stable in mp as vanilla. mods that I found particularly stable in mp are prime directive, balance of power, udm3... as far exprerience goes, you just have to start - as long as there is an agreement no to pounce right on, you can carve out a decent security zone from which you'll venture out...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Locustus
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Locustus »

What is Balance of Power? I've seen it mentioned but couldn't find a description. It seems to be a favored for multiplayer.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Locustus wrote:What is Balance of Power? I've seen it mentioned but couldn't find a description. It seems to be a favored for multiplayer.
with site problems his post was lost he should be reposting it soon so keep checking back in modding info.

thunderchero
Locustus
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Locustus »

ruthlessferengi wrote:game crash, particularly in MP. most stable in MP is vanilla, i.e. unmodded. There is no mod that will is as stable in mp as vanilla.
I was given the impression that hades, for example, was meant to improve stability and enhance graphics. I think I'll play UDM 3 which includes hades right after I finish my current Romulan game. I think it looks incredibly promising.
thunderchero wrote:
Locustus wrote:Locustus wrote:
What is Balance of Power? I've seen it mentioned but couldn't find a description. It seems to be a favored for multiplayer.

with site problems his post was lost he should be reposting it soon so keep checking back in modding info.
I think I saw him mention it in some post yesterday, maybe linked it, but I was hoping for descriptions, readmes, personal opinions... if not, maybe I'll check his link if I find it. Unfortunately, I found some mods with no descriptions and no readmes ("Standard for modders") that had me guessing about them and their install. You guys seem to know the mods in-depth and some have put a lot of good work into them. The lack of info is wierd. UDM3 presentation was very impressive.

Please filter the mod list and update it. :) When did UM4 come out? I'm playing UM3 because that's what showed up on search.
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

ive played UDM3 online without a crash for about 100 turns!! but we was living in same area. so was proper stable!

best mod for multiplayer which is most stable is FluidHat's balanced mod - it's great and balances out all races on t5... but doesn't change much else rather than balancing ship stats.. (kling weaker, fed/ferg alil stronger etc)
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity

Return to “Multiplayer Games”