Tournament 3 - Season 1 2009

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

thanks

used it but it dont make sense to me.

sorry guys for getting off topic. do we have a seperate thread it can be planted into?

thanks
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

Myself and KrazeeXXL have started our match, began at around 16:00GMT+0, still playing till 21:00 GMT+0 and after 100 turns, its all intresting to say the least.

For now, to get ones mouth wet, I've gone with the Romulans, and KrazeeXXL has gone with the Federation.

Before we agreed to continue later today, we mutually wiped out each others main fleets, so we might end up either at the heel of the AI races or a rush to build the biggest fleets faster!

Stay tuned for a final report, right after this intermission
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Hi all,
time is progressing and I already got questioned about time again.
Well, as far I can see, 2nd 2nd chance round would end today!
But I already got requests for expansion, so it's expanded to sunday for now.
Semi final match of main bracket, well, my own match with wesley seems to be the only one missing and he'll be back in the next few days as I hope. So I'm expanding it in reply to myself to sunday as well.
I hope you'll get your current round matches finished till then!

I heard about Dissy and Thrasy and know about Krazee and severenth, but what's about jaruler and wisefaiz and enterprise and carcher? How are your games going?

@jaruler, I doubt that you'll find any tool for improving your dsl speed.
It's normally a temporary issue of your isp, or it is cause you got limited by your isp whyever (like cable not allowing better speed), or your router is uncapable of it, out of sync or damaged. You might have to ask your isp - I can't help there, sorry. Would just search the web for you isp + router model + speed. Gl.

@severenth, heard you had a great game, looking forward for the report =)
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

me and enterprise play tomorrow(the 25th) around 7.30 gmt.didn't know time had slipped away :oops:
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

sry me and wise has not been in contact yet . will try and sort something out. but i am going through a breakup at the mo an moving out this weekend plus its my sons 1st birthday on sunday. so its all up in theair at the moment

i do apologies
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

KrazeeXXL vs Severenth

Federation vs Romulans

Federation Win after 140 turns, Romulan's conceding

We met each other in turn 11, both agreed to have a non-agression treaty for 25 turns to let us build up and have a proper game later on, so we both expanded around ourselves.

I also managed to member the Mizarians which gave me a foothold into KrazeeXXL's space, and allowed me to expand towards the Klingons whilst the Ferengi poked there wrinkley noses in up north of me.

By turn 40, the first of many conflicts had begun, KrazeXXL expanded with a colony and with the Bajorans becoming a member, I was plowing as much money into my Intel as I possibly could, inbetween a few scraps between the Klingons, the Ferengi were not even noticeable, no comms, no traffic so my focus was elsewhere.

Me not thinking, I offered KrazeeXXL a friendship treaty, expecting a bit of credits could do us both some good, ( note to self, read the rules -.- ) but it then extended our ' peaceful ' goings on for a bit longer since the Klingons were being a bit of pest to both of us.

By turn 61, the Klingon offensive was in full swing and I conqured the nearest Klingon system with ease, along with colonising the rest of the nearby systems and sights set on ones not much further away, KrazeeXXL also agreed on an Affiliation treaty for 25 turns, both empires expanding and growing stronger, intresting times were indeed ahead.

The Klingons, now with my expanded range became the target of my Romulan wrath, and Intel crippled most of there efforts to just leave the home system, ( KrazeeXXL even commented that they hadent done much in the way of expanding or doing what Klingons do best ), also became a bit friendly with Cardassians.

KrazeeXXL also considered conceding at this time, but I convinced him otherwise, extending our game over to a 2nd day.

By turn 101, we finally started to have a few scraps here and there, and unfortunatley, the Ferengi had the same idea as I had. With the Klingons also agreed to non-agression, KrazeeXXL had myself, the Ferengi and the Klingons knocking on the door, and now with my Intel starting to take effect, only time would tell.

Over the next 30 turns till I conceded, the Ferengi and myself became trading partners, and became affilated to the Klingons, but the cost of focusing on Intel only became apparent when KrazeeXXL took Mizar, and began bombing my systems, at one time, crippled with no ships, and no way to produce ships.

Realising that no amount of Intel would save me, I conceded, but not before having 2 large battles, one which I won, the 2nd I lost and set me on the road to defeat.

First Fight Picture
Last edited by severenth on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

So here is my point of view, as promised.

This game was unusal and I had many ups and downs to say at least.

Settings were: T3, small-irregular map, few minors, RANDOM=ON but BORG=OFF
I suggested to switch off the strategy timer in fact of my old pc and it's boottime or should I write bootages...

a moderate start

thats a screenshot from turn 22. We encountered in turn 11. In fact of my damn starting position I started exploring the middle of the map and the top. My goal was to find the minors and to check out, where all the majors had their space and to react somehow.

as we finally met in Mizar, he allready had 5 systems. And I thought..."MERDE"

One round later I guess, he asked me if we should fight it out now, or if we should wait some turns to build ourselves up a little bit. We both wanted a good game and therefor we both prefered to build up first. Would've been a silly game otherwise.

We signed a non-agression treaty for 25 turns and he later offered me a friendship proposal. I accepted and enjoyed the moral points I got. ;)
He said that he forgotten the missing trade routes in the Tourney Mod, so I expected that he would perhaps breach the treaty but he didn't.

Thank god I found the Bajorans at the Cardassians butt. Luckily the Cardassians don't liked the Ferengi and they fought each others most of the time.
I knew that Bajor takes long time to pop up but I couldn't wait for it and therefor I did everything to get it as fast as possible. To the right there was the capricious Klingon. This guy really was a pain in my a** in the beginning.

I gave him some money many times to keep him nice to me and later he helped me to win the game.

In turn 76 I guess I really wanted to concede. I was totally tired, didn't know what to do and I felt really like a tennis-ball in the middle of the map. It was quite hard and severenth as an opponent was unratable for me, too. Therefor I asked him just for fun how many ships he had but didn't really expected an answer. But I got one. And after receiving it I was totally awaken and took my capitulation back - instantly! ;)

really funny and such things only happen in multiplayer-games. I'm sure about :-)

Severenth offered me later a military proposal and was confusing me again for one moment. He wrote that we could attack the Klingon Outpost in my neighbourhood together to get me some of my space back. lol

This was a little bit strange and I answered that he can attack him if he want, but I won't because the Klingon seemed to like me a bit ;)
A tactic worth a Romulan I know, but with his military pact he offered - he also showed me his intentions and to attack the Klingon would've been no that good for me in a long-term sight.

So he destroyed the outpost and maybe the klingon fleet. I dont know, but after he attacked the Klingon I wasn't target #1 anymore. So thanks Severenth ;)

At this time I moved my fleet to Bajor because I had the idea to spread out to the upper right. It was a risk but worth it. the Cardassian was pretty weak at this moment and a really good target. And I didn't know what severenths goals were with the Klingons at this time.

So I colonised Turkana and Altair in the upper right. They didn't develop really big but gave me some money, some ppl to maintenance the ships but more important for me was that they took heavy damage from Severenths constantly stronger intel attacks - so my bigger systems were a little bit safer and my ship production was only down one time in Sol.

Delb was a good system, too, and I wanted to colonise it but he destroyed my colony ship in there with his intel attacks. Next to Delb was Gamma Vertis, and my luck was that the Klingon wanted to colonise it. I left a DD1 there and the Klingon sent turn by turn 1 Scout and 1 TT. I attacked the Scout all the time and they retreated and next turn they came back. This lasted for more than 30 turns.

there was another Sector, J5 I guess and the Klingon still wanted to build an Outpost there for many turns. Same again here, in 1 turn I attacked his 2 TT's, didn't destroy them and they retreated. With this 2 Moral Factories I was able to produce ships in no time which was absolutely neccesary. His intel attacks raised up and he destroyed many of my ships or stolen them.

I gave up my plans to conquer the Cardassians because they offered me all the time some treaties and I accepted and enjoyed my high moral.

One time Severenth asked me for 500 Credits. I just thought at my sp game I had a day before.
I played Romulans, too and remembered their lack of money all the time. So I gave him the bucks. ;)

Later, I somehow forgotten the end of our military partnership and my fleet still was in Bajor. He left a scout in my space to watch it and I recognised it to late.

turn 89 - my fault
So he came into my space and went to Sol. But then he went to Peliar Zel, the neighbour-system and started bombing it immediately. He also had a TT and I thought he would like to conquer Peliar Zel, so I left just ashes, 1 gravimetric turbine and the bunker network in it.

In fact of my error, my fleet was miles away and in the meantime he bombed Peliar Zel to death. then he went to Sol but luckily he just raided it.

And in Sol we had our first fight, too. A total wolf 359 for me. I lost almost everything there.

In the meantime my shipyards produced like the ones of the Dominiom and his intel attacks reached a peak. He destroyed many things, killed nearby all inhabitants of Turkana (only 1 was left...) and I would call it the worsed times for me in the whole game.

I thought that this would be my end again. After the battle he pulled back to rebuild his fleet and I did the same. After circa 20 turns I had a bigger fleet than before. Consisting of 3 LC's and only with DD's, no Scouts like in the first battle.

The second battle I won and had 6 DDs and 1 LC left. great success for me. After the fight the whole Ferengi fleet suddenly stood on my doorstep. But after my victory they retreated back in their space as fast as they first came by. :D

The Ferengi only forgotten one colony ship which colonised my Peliar Zel...
I don't wanted to frighten the Ferengi and therefor I left it alone. Should he waste some money on it, I thought. Not my problem ;)

Diplomacy was interesting, though in this game. I guess with more money Severenth would've been able to get the Ferengi on his side to fight against me.

turn 106 - full of hope
this turn marked the end of day 1 which was full of up-side-downs for me and quite hard, though.

I don't wanted to act hasty and therefor I gave us both some time to rebuild.
But he don't used his time. He intelt me right away all the time and got on my nervs with this. I wasn't able to reach Romulus and affected to build an Outpost on Arkania while I was raiding Mizar and Minora.

than I recognised 4 of his scouts in my space. A single one I destroyed with my brand new surveyor and the second fleet consisting of the other 3 Scouts I destroyed with my brand new DD2!

My goal now was Mizar and I waited long to get it finally. The invasion succeeded and I just planned another one.

I hidden a fleet of 3 DD2's and 7 TT's in the nebula because I wanted to surprise him and taken over Panthera. It was the biggest System with maximum 470 inhabitants. But my invasion was a failure and I lost all TT's. Now I begun to bomb the system to weaken his intel/shipbuilding in it.

My moral didn't mind me at this moment. It was weaken to 20 points in fact of his intel attacks but still high (~140 in most systems)

Thanks to the Klingons ;)

At this time he destroyed much DD2's of my fleet, stolen my LC and my only hope to stop this was finally to go to Romulus and beat him there.

the final atttack
I built ships all the time and nothing else. In fact of his intel attacks he pushed me to do so. But at the end I was faster in building new ships as he was destroying them. ;)

I knew that the intel had its price and therefor I sent my left DD2's to attack Romulus. He had an Outpost in there and I destroyed it and all of his DD's. the only ship which escaped was one of my former DD2's. We both had to laugh in fact of this.

Now I bombed Romulus to weaken his intel and thought he would evade building ships and so on in his other systems. But he suddenly conceded and I accepted.

as you can see in the grapic overview, the Ferengi was the major enemy in this game and could've been the biggest problem for both of us. But Severenth wasnt able to get him to fight me, because I left the Cardassian as an enemy for the Ferengi to conquer, what he finally did at the end of our game.

It was a hard game and Severenth played it well.

It was fun to play against you Severneth. You are a nice guy, good opponent and if you want a revanche you'll get it ;)

promised

to read a more detailed report in german language visit http://www.botfonline.de
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

good news!
I have a break! :lol:
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

KrazeeXXL wrote:It was fun to play against you Severneth. You are a nice guy, good opponent and if you want a revanche you'll get it ;)
Revenge had, and boy was it cold
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

forgotten the hull virus my whole fleet had one turn before I wanted to smash you? ;)
yea man would be cold, otherwise ;)

random events - big luck factor in every game...
not to mention the "minor luck"
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

me and enterprise have just finished our plate tourny game.
enterprise went for feds so i went for fergs, i was in top left corner ( more or less)i think it was 3 turns later we met each other, i had also met the Andorians :D i had them membered by turn 30ish and started churning out war crusiers.
By this time I'd realised that enterprise was in a terrible position-slap bang in the middle-i was top left,kling bottom left,roms top right and cards bottom right :roll:
He was getting hammered from all sides :) so to make an enjoyable game of it we agreed to a 50 turn alliance,
by the time the alliance was over i had taken 3(?i think) kling systems and enterprise declared war on me :roll:
After I "bumped "into his fleet of tt's with my 16 war crusiers and 15ish fast attack ,on my way to sol ,enterprise ran up the white flag on turn 151.
all in all it was an interessting game but it was a pity enterprise was in such a bad position,if tourny rules allowed a restart we could have played a more evenly matched game and enjoyed it more.
but i won the game so i'm through to the next round but it seams a hollow victory because the ai did most of my work for me :(
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
wesley
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by wesley »

Hey Everbody! This is short story about my Game with Flocke.
who awaitet an epic semifinale... I Have to say sorry! It was a easy game! Because vulcan , Benzar, Kteria und later Tama was next to me. And till round 36 i believed flocke is behind the Cardassian Union and I can play alone . But he was a bit nearer then i Thought and i was afraid seeing his first Scout. So in the next round he met All my little Friends... And I Was afraid he have more money to make good relationships with the Minors.

But I was wrong. Vulcan pops first and 5 Rounds later they become a Member of the United Federation of Planets! =)
Why 5 Rounds? Because of no Shipsroute they dont like me as much as with Trading Route. Maybe Iam wrong
but I believe This Fact and cause belongs together.
Now I Produce and sell every Round a colonyship and hat much more sience ;-)
The rest is easy goind then Kteria , Benzar, and then I trat the ferengi and give 2000 to Paklets to become later a member of me. Tama follows, then acamar, then Shliak. Now no members are left . Now I Build destroyers, 20 ->Upgrade. And I had 2 ships left from every Minor race

At the end Vulcan stoped being my Member and follows Fernginar.

Ferenginar was poor. In the middle of the game ther was a bad climate change on Ferenginar. 275 Inhabitants only... Poor..
Not a good game. Thanks to my Borg member
Where are all the other Borgs outsite? Join Borg clan :D
Advertisment end
Wesley j. Crusher
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I was assimilated by Borg_Flake(s) yesterday @ breakfast :lol:

So Dame Fortune was on your side in this match wesley. So maybe she left Kingy? We'll see in the finals for whom she'll raise her skirt up :D
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

with having talked to Thrasy and Dissy, I expand current 2nd chance round to wednesday.
Main bracket semi final is over and I already want to congratulate to kingy and wesley for having reached the final! :D

cheers
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

time of 2nd chance 3rd round is over and wisefaiz as well as Thrasy have to be dropped.
From wisefaiz I didn't hear at all for some weeks now and although Thrasy tried finding time in the recent days, all in all Dissy has been online much more often and Thrasy hisself said he'll forfeit.

So, semi final round begins now for 2nd chance bracket!
If Thrasy and Dissy still want their match and luckily make it happen in the next few days, I would make an exception again and accept it. ;)
Else I have to say, go on Dissy and gl to the collective's latest assimilation, Krazee! :twisted:
And good go, jaruler and carcher! :)

Return to “Multiplayer Games”