Making the AI stronger

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

DOT
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Making the AI stronger

Post by DOT »

Okay, I messed up my posting "Making the AI more a challange" and it ended up in modding information forum - don't ask me why. Since I don't know how to move it back, I decided to start a new post.

Since Spocks-cuddly-tribble posted the location where AI morale increase for impossible level is located and mickar wrote about increasing the AI morale up to 160 or so I done some testing with a morale bonus of 30 and the AI was getting stronger - real stronger.
I had to admit that I'd run only test until round 150 to 200, where I hadn't any battle so far. But anyway the scoring page said that between AI empires and me was a gap of maybe 40% - with me on last place! Ups, something I haven't seen for years! Normally on big map trek.exe and big galaxy I had around round 100 up to 100% more score points that any AI empire.
And any AI empire had a higher science level than I, even when I concentrate most resources on science.

The mod for AI is here:
viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=236

The other important modification I had done where increase of home system max pop of 100, increasing the morale levels from 5 to 6 (made it harder to get a higher morale), increasing number of starting systems, decreasing the money output per pop to nearly 50% of vanilla value, and adjusting the science tech thresholds to match empire pop values.

I am looking forward to met the feds in actual game in the next 25 to 75 turns...
life long and prosper
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

SCT has posted many more ideas on improving the AI

Return to “General Chat Archive”