Stargate Universe - your opinion

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

beepo
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by beepo »

The last episode was action packed. Not to surprising as to what happens. They find a new job for Chloe :(
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Anyone seen the latest episode yet?
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

*** SPOILER ***

Seen the one where the crew they left behind come back, great episode. Its still hit and miss but the last 2 episodes have been brilliant to be fair.

There are still so many unanswered things going on, be interesting if they do something with the 2 that got lost after going through the gate in 'Air pt 2', or Telford. I still think they should do a few episodes with O'Niell in, ala Atlantis.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

just watched 2x10. the last 5 episodes started becoming better and better perhaps there's still a chance this series could become really good.

I'm glad Telford is back, now that this "who's the boss?" thing between him and young has been discussed he seems to become a likable character.

i wonder what Elyse Levesque (chloe) gets paid for the last 10 episodes. the only thing she was doing was sitting in her room.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

Just watched it too Dr Breen, class episode again, fair play. Left a good cliffhanger for us too.

To be fair to Elyse Levesque I dont think she is there for her acting abilities, and Chloe isn't there to add anything to the series, its just they needed a good looking lass to keep dumb modern day audiences interested.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

[Spoiler]
Those SGU-writers are some mad sadists. The two Lucian Alliance girls I actually liked were killed within some episodes just to make us suffer while watching Klo(e) doing nothing.

Not fair. Not at all!

now I'm going to watch 9 and 10 and will comment them later ;) ( I still hope Kloe will die and you all were just kind enough not to spoil this great moment in SGU history) :lol:

addendum: Klo=german word for toilet (I will use this from now on when I talk of "her") :mrgreen:

edit:
y do they kill all the really hot and nice women in this show? Rhona Mitra, then Rush's girlfriend, Eli's "girlfriend"...

After I watched 9 and 10 I just have to ask: Are those guys stupid or what?! Or do they just lack oxygen??!!
Ok I can't say much about E09. But E10 was completely ... dumb.

Yea Col. Telford come by and what do you want us to do? Ah ok lets blow that alien command ship up. It's no problem that we know nothing about it. We've got no FTL and trust our lives to aliens we barely know by making this weird tandem jump. We gonna trust you on this one because you told us their name! For all we (not) know you could've been compromised by these "Ursini" and we should lock you up like Kloe. BUT no in this case... because you "saved our asses" we gonna trust you... seriously wtf...

My ppl are facing death, starvation, psychological traumata, I got prisoners aboard who can run around and kill ppl all the time and then I attack an heavily guarded alien command ship?! Damn I hope those Aliens finish these idots off. All of them! B4 it is getting more and more ridiculous if this even could somehow be possible.

There are some more things I've noticed but I don't want to sound like "redlettermedia".

hm my SGU folder is 38,4 GB in size. Time to free up some space... no one will here me cry ;)

edited: typos, the usual stuff
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

YEah, it is kinda odd how they've killed off so many people....
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

KrazeeXXL wrote:[Spoiler]
After I watched 9 and 10 I just have to ask: Are those guys stupid or what?! Or do they just lack oxygen??!!
Ok I can't say much about E09. But E10 was completely ... dumb.

Yea Col. Telford come by and what do you want us to do? Ah ok lets blow that alien command ship up. It's no problem that we know nothing about it. We've got no FTL and trust our lives to aliens we barely know by making this weird tandem jump. We gonna trust you on this one because you told us their name! For all we (not) know you could've been compromised by these "Ursini" and we should lock you up like Kloe. BUT no in this case... because you "saved our asses" we gonna trust you... seriously wtf...

My ppl are facing death, starvation, psychological traumata, I got prisoners aboard who can run around and kill ppl all the time and then I attack an heavily guarded alien command ship?! Damn I hope those Aliens finish these idots off. All of them! B4 it is getting more and more ridiculous if this even could somehow be possible.
something similar came to my mind, but after that lucian disaster where camile wray decieded to "trust" the lucians and allowed them to take over the ship i expected something like that
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

I wish they'd ACTUALLY find a way to cooperate with the Lucian alliance people. Oh and find a Goa'uld. It's just not Stargate without Goa'uld.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Time for Teal'c to punch some Ursini faces, how old's that guy now? 130?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I can't tell. The last time I've seen him he was <here>

:mrgreen:

A cool idea would be that Eli and Teal'c could use those communication-stones. XD

Some SG-1 support would definetely be useful for the show.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

That's what he heard, here's what Teal'c saw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKV1cdwpLCI
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

KrazeeXXL wrote:I can't tell. The last time I've seen him he was <here>

:mrgreen:
that video doesnt work for european youtubers because of MGM :cry:
i guess it's the episode where Teal'c fights Ronon?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

As it seems, not even Switzerland is spared from this very annoying situation on youtube.

Ok a little tip from me which'll let you look on youtube whatever you want :)

take this nice list of proxies here Dr_Breen

http://freeproxies.org/

I'd start with vtunnel.com (fine, fast, almost unblockable)

If you got an error the first time you want to play a youtube video while using a proxy just reload the page.

Works almost every time for me. If not just change the proxy.

hf :D

note: nowadays if I browse youtube "normally" (w/o proxy) I get lots of different search results then /w using a proxy... I can't even find the link I've posted above while browsing normally. It is as it wouldn't exist at all...

Or you could even say that mgm don't want to share their V... with europe XD
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

Dr_Breen wrote:Stargate Universe - your opinion
the 1st season is horrible horrible boring, ill hope the second one will be better :roll:

Return to “General Chat Archive”