Ultimate Editor

Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Ultimate Editor

Post by borgpow »

Sounds great I will test everything u do ur great thank u for ur time and effort i love star trek as much as this game and u will help keep this game alive forever at this rate thank u so much so I tested ur saved game editor and only bug I've seen so far is moving ingame things colonies and ships outpost and starbases work better then in the past everything else works so far no corrupt saves which is amazing even though u warn it can happen but adding task forces and everything works pretty good I added the wrong outpost to a wrong ppls colony by accident and the game crashed but then fixed it and was fine can u change the wormhole stuff it doesn't seem to work connecting wormholes doesn't seem to work in game or idk maybe it takes a turn to work but the save says it's good and I mean new wormholes not old already set wormholes
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

Oh something I did which was never able to b done even though in game u can steal ships from other races u could never add a borg sphere and have the federation use it but now u can add any ship of any race and change owner to the federation in my case and now u have a borg sphere as the federation lol thank u for ur work idk what else a saved game editor would need in a game like this even if it was only a saved game editor and nothing else it would b better than any other I've ever seen please keep going omg the things I'm thinking of doing and mods I want to do like a ultimate dominion mod mod where u start wit a save game that's at a wormhole and u have a Starbase ds9 owned by u and can't be re built and I'm sorry I'm thinking too much but I have ideas and ideas and ideas for save game mods not just mods
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

Question how different is Java and c++ cuz I learned Java and basic about 10 years ago I know a lot has changed but justa asking I know zero about anything else but old Java and basic is it possible I know enough to learn a little and b able to help and does anyone have the programs required to make models from scratch like creator if that's still needed cuz I want to do work on the stargate mod now that things r so advanced but I no long have creator or whatever it was but I know 3d modeling so whatever works now and I understand the phaser slots and everything so no need for a tutorial just a program
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I'm sorry for late response, but I got sick on weekend and still don't feel good. Only this evening I managed to check back on your posts.
I will look into connecting wormholes when I'm getting better again, they have been working before.

not sure what other issues you found, but when you find some, I need reproduction steps
uploading a savegame might help as well

I remember there once was an attempt to create a more canon map for UDM3
It would be cool to have some scenario maps indeed, however with each mod change, the savegame compatibiliy might break again.
With UE I tried to support at least all the main mods by today. And if there is need, could look into upgrading existing savegames.

At the basics Java and C++ are pretty similar. But mastering C++ with all it's latest std library extensions, is a whole different thing. But with the framework project I plan to add some samples so when you know some programming basics you should be able to make use of it and then learn by doing. ;)

As long as the old engine isn't properly replaced, creator is still needed for creating new ship models. You might ask tunderchero on details. He also created some nice tutorials. ;)

I always loved to watch Stargate, would be cool if we'd have a more advanced mod for it. But in case you plan to base changes on any existing mod, best ask for permission of the mod creators first. If they can't be reached, ask TC what to do.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

anybody else having issues building latest branch of ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export?
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

Trying to run the latest version and I'm getting this when I click FIle, Open - java.lang.NullPointerException

I checked the settings area and the language is set to English, even clicking the browse button in there for the trek.exe or stbof.res file shows the same error.

I redownloaded the binary and extracted the contents, but it still doesn't work.

Any advice Thunder?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Deimos wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:29 pm Trying to run the latest version and I'm getting this when I click FIle, Open - java.lang.NullPointerException

I checked the settings area and the language is set to English, even clicking the browse button in there for the trek.exe or stbof.res file shows the same error.

I redownloaded the binary and extracted the contents, but it still doesn't work.

Any advice Thunder?
Flocke would be better person to answer,
there is a couple versions out there, (where did you get files giving null error?)
but it would help if you compiled UE, give him branch you downloaded.

currently when I download latest branch I get "no action available" in gradle tasks with Eclipse
and can't get anywhere on Visual Studio Code.
Deimos
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Deimos »

I'm using the latest binary from - https://gitlab.com/stbotf/ultimate-editor/-/releases
So UE_0.9.0dev3.zip
It's odd, I know it was working a few months ago, as I've already edited the stbof file for the UDM mod.
I just reinstalled the latest java runtime just to be sure, but it still doesn't work.
Ah I just downloaded 0.8.0 and that one works ok, yay!
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

BTW I am able to "run" java application from source.
but when I click on "ship model data" I get this error;
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: 
	The import com.github cannot be resolved
	The import com.github cannot be resolved
	com.github cannot be resolved to a type
	DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type
	The method getComponentDateTextField() is undefined for the type DatePicker
	The method getComponentToggleCalendarButton() is undefined for the type DatePicker
	The method setDate(LocalDate) is undefined for the type DatePicker
	The method getDate() is undefined for the type DatePicker
	The method setTextFieldToValidStateIfNeeded() of type DatePicker must override or implement a supertype method
	The method zDrawTextFieldIndicators() of type DatePicker must override or implement a supertype method
	The method isEnabled() is undefined for the type DatePicker
	DatePickerSettings cannot be resolved to a type
	The method getSettings() is undefined for the type DatePicker
	DateArea cannot be resolved to a variable
	DateArea cannot be resolved to a variable
	The method getComponentToggleCalendarButton() is undefined for the type DatePicker
and in error log of Eclipse
Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 74	Java Problem
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 74	Java Problem
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 122	Java Problem
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 254	Java Problem
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 303	Java Problem
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 401	Java Problem
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 404	Java Problem
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 419	Java Problem
DatePicker cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 447	Java Problem
ReleaseNotes cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 331	Java Problem
ReleaseNotes cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 331	Java Problem
ReleaseNotes cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 456	Java Problem
ReleaseNotes cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 456	Java Problem
ReleaseNotes cannot be resolved to a type	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 474	Java Problem
ReleaseNotes cannot be resolved to a type	StbofArchive.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/edit/res/stbof/common	line 135	Java Problem
ReleaseNotes cannot be resolved to a variable	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 332	Java Problem
ReleaseNotes cannot be resolved to a variable	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 457	Java Problem
The import ue.edit.res.stbof.files.rln cannot be resolved	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 27	Java Problem
The import ue.edit.res.stbof.files.rln cannot be resolved	StbofArchive.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/edit/res/stbof/common	line 17	Java Problem
The import ue.gui.util.component.DatePicker cannot be resolved	ShipModelInfoPanel.java	/ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export/source/ue/gui/stbof/shp/components	line 32	Java Problem
and here terminal info from Visual Studio Code
 *  Executing task: gradle: init 

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 8.0.

You can use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings and determine if they come from your own scripts or plugins.

See https://docs.gradle.org/7.6/userguide/c ... e_warnings
<=============> 100% CONFIGURING [5s]
> IDLE

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Build file 'E:\Downloads\UE\ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export\build.gradle' line: 118

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'ultimate-editor-improve_shipgfx_export'.
> Cannot find '.git' directory

* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
Could not execute build using connection to Gradle distribution 'https://services.gradle.org/distributio ... .6-bin.zip'.
 *  The terminal process terminated with exit code: 1.
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

is there an update to the ue that works or do we need to wait awhile which is ok cuz im not done yet and im having a hard time finding compatibale modles for stargate theres 3ds models on here i can use i wanted more original or made by me but its alot of work from scratch it says i can use the models here so im gona use them and try to improve them and add correct phasers and everything ill pay tribute to the creaters i will do wat i can to make a good mod based on the old mod wit phasers and the original had barely any modifications to game play i hope to do more now that its possible any help when it comes to ships would be great but i think i have a good start if the newest best ship editor of ue works lol so u all can at least see my finished ship pack when its finally done lol no pressure just always cant wait now that theres so much updates on botf
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

borgpow wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:31 am is there an update to the ue that works
were you able to compile latest Branch? (improve_shipgfx_export)

I was able to compile, but Flocke will probably disapprove of how I was able to.

in build.gradle file I removed lines 117 - 125
then I was able to compile.
But I am not sure what code issue is with those lines.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:11 am in build.gradle file I removed lines 117 - 125
The dirty commit version...
Well, I looked into adding a JAVA application manifest file. But it caused more troubles then what it's worth for, so I might just remove the manifest version anyhow. If it helps, removing the commit version is a reasonable fix for now.

I'm feeling better again and hope I find time to look into issues upcoming weekend. :cool:
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

has there been any updates just wondering if theres anything new to try out
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

borgpow wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:46 pm has there been any updates just wondering if theres anything new to try out
Sorry for the delay. Now is a good time to test!

Over the last month I continued to improve ship model editing features like the HOB and texture editing.
Furthermore I implemented the often requested extending resource types. And I implemented advanced ship import / export options and fixed all reported UE related issues I kept track on.

By now I completed all major ship model related tasks I planned for, plus a ton of other stuff. Unless there any further issues reported, I'm about to release next dev version soon. With that many bugs fixed and so many new additions, it's about time. :)

Here a small preview of latest UE:
multi-weapon-slot-editing.jpg
multi-weapon-slot-editing.jpg (160.4 KiB) Viewed 163 times
hob-editing.jpg
hob-editing.jpg (145.65 KiB) Viewed 163 times
ship_import_export.jpg
ship_import_export.jpg (69.07 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Flocke wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:24 am
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:03 pm Can you allow UE to set IDs 0-1F in edifice.bst?
Will do. Sounds reasonable and easy to implement. :up:
In addition to fixing the integrity checks, I finally implemented this feature request.
To not accidentally mess system requirements, it is protected by a checkbox, which hints at the "Extending System Bonuses & Sun Icons" posting.

It's been a little more work than expected, because there are multiple views involved that either list system requirements or have a filter option.
Along with it I also checked and updated UE for the hidden pseudo planet types 8 and 9.
The labelling was less of an issue but needed some code cleanup.

Return to “Ultimate Editor”