Ultimate Editor

Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Ultimate Editor

Post by borgpow »

Yeah I think u messed up the naming of textures and the "x" textures thunderchero I can easily fix by re adding the ship which is fine its a texture not registered but in textures there's nothing to register but readding the ship fixes it fine but the shared textures between models and the hobs refer to textures that either don't exist and uses wat it can or it is wrong texture and shows up wrong in game I moved the prometheus to a different slot and now it's using cardassian textures all orange and totally wrong lol it looks kinda funny for example but I have 16 ships wit wrong textures to replicate the problem add several ships wit similar phaser slots and u will see in game the texture problem or possibly the "x" texture not loading in the integrity check but u can fix the loading problem easy but in game is still wrong
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

It is still a great ship editor just some tweaks needed thanks
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

borgpow wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:15 amI moved the prometheus to a different slot and now it's using cardassian textures all orange and totally wrong lol
Since you mentioned the Prometheus, I tested importing it to vanilla stbof.res from UDM ship pack.

Doing so I found another bug that I fixed. Importing ships to shiplist.sst crashed trek.exe on startup because I missed to update the trek.exe ship numbers and monster IDs. :mad:

Afterwards I continued testing, but the prometheus imported fine and not any of the ship textures of any of the empires were messed.
Of course I might continue to search, but in the code I didn't find anything that might explain the described issue. And I'm not going to test all the many mods and ship packs! Therefore I ask again for more concrete reproduction steps and some test sample :!:
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

I am using udm as a base and a easy way I found to see the error is by readding the 3 kinds of destroyers the Miranda soyuz and the Miranda refit cuz they share textures and ad them individually try from separate ship packs
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

here is video if you have not been able to duplicate

borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

Yes that is wat I'm saying if u try to fix it by readding the ship everything will show its ok no integrity problems but in game u see the texture problem clearly by the problem ships use the wrong textures cuz the go messed up that original time u can fix the check integrity problem easy by readding the ships models that have issues but when u do everything seems ok until u look at the ships in research or combat the textures r clearly incorrect thank u for the video I can't for some reason find a program to work on my hp laptop to do that or I would show the full sets I did cuz I can recreate everything evan after a full reinstall fresh everything and a suggestion don't use original botf use a mod that has more then one model wit the same phaser slot that I think is a source of the problem is phaser slot and texture sharing
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

The example in my video has 3 issues
1. when it removes models it should only be removing H not H__ (but it did this because mis-matched scale. needs more warning if it is removing 2 models it took me 3 time before I even noticed it was removing both)
2. H model uses the hl2_a,b,c textures. the textures should not be removed since the miranda, soyuz use hl2_a,b,c
3. H__ model uses the hl2_b, fl2_c, t05_a,b,c textures. the textures should not be removed since the curry uses hl2_b,c, fl2_c, t05_a,b,c
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

The video and new error descriptions helped alot to figure this one out. Should be fixed now. :up:
thunderchero wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:13 am The example in my video has 3 issues
1. when it removes models it should only be removing H not H__ (but it did this because mis-matched scale. needs more warning if it is removing 2 models it took me 3 time before I even noticed it was removing both)
That's not an error. Get to know your tools and increase your scale tolerance! :wink:

It already shows a message box listing incompatible ship models that are to be removed!
I'm not gonna add a "really truly remove this one" message box! :lol:
I changed from question mark to warning icon though.
thunderchero wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:13 am 2. H model uses the hl2_a,b,c textures. the textures should not be removed since the miranda, soyuz use hl2_a,b,c
3. H__ model uses the hl2_b, fl2_c, t05_a,b,c textures. the textures should not be removed since the curry uses hl2_b,c, fl2_c, t05_a,b,c
Of course not, the checks already have been implemented, but they failed to read the used HOB textures, because I messed up file names with the graphic names just about three weeks ago, when I cleaned up some code... :mad:

Furthermore I addressed an issue with the image auto-fixture.

The image auto-fixture was implemented to search and scale the largest image matching the i_h<number>.tga shema, because there might be larger ones included than what is used by current game resolution.
With numbered ship model names included in UDM ship pack and many others, this however easily false detects images of H1, H2, H3, and so on.

Imagine an image named "i_h160.tga", it could be both belonging to the H1 model or be some modded image resolution of the H model.
Therefore, unless allGfx import is checked, I now limited the auto-fixture image search to known WDF image requirements.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:28 am It already shows a message box listing incompatible ship models that are to be removed!
I'm not gonna add a "really truly remove this one" message box! :lol:
I changed from question mark to warning icon though.
Sorry I did not expect a second message, but could each ship removed be on separate line?
line.jpg
line.jpg (34.92 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:26 am Sorry I did not expect a second message, but could each ship removed be on separate line?
line.jpg
That easily can become a hundred lines, so that wouldn't be great either. But I overworked the confirmation message now, and I also implemented some auto-scaling for the message box. The auto-scaling I'll push later the day, when l finished checking some text width calculation issues.

Already now you should be better warned on removal of unselected shared ship slot models. :smile:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:14 am
thunderchero wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:26 am Sorry I did not expect a second message, but could each ship removed be on separate line?
line.jpg
That easily can become a hundred lines, so that wouldn't be great either. But I overworked the confirmation message now, and I also implemented some auto-scaling for the message box. The auto-scaling I'll push later the day, when l finished checking some text width calculation issues.

Already now you should be better warned on removal of unselected shared ship slot models. :smile:
yeah I will agree you overworked confirmation message, now instead of just a few lines it is even longer and require even more scrolling.

is unfinished auto-scaling causing "null" error now? currently nothing imports correctly
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:46 am yeah I will agree you overworked confirmation message, now instead of just a few lines it is even longer and require even more scrolling.

is unfinished auto-scaling causing "null" error now? currently nothing imports correctly
No, that's unrelated. I tested back with yesterday changes and models import fine and also render ingame without issues.
Anyhow, I figured the text width calculation issues I faced and have just pushed changes for auto-adjusting text notification popups :!:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Flocke wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:18 pm No, that's unrelated. I tested back with yesterday changes and models import fine and also render ingame without issues.
just tested on comment "SMIView: get selected models" still getting "null" error but noticed this only happening on old ship packs.
edit;
to me null pointer is due to ship pack missing *270.tga (when importing to 1366) I added 270 to shippack and no more null pointer.
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

I just tested ur new version i found no issues and wit little manual editing I used my broken mod wit bad textures and have fixed all issues wit models and textures thank you so much not just for the advanced ship editing but for the fact u listened and was about to fix and update it
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

one other issue I noticed but can not confirm with current null issue.

with installed 1366 or 1920
when ship model is removed during import the 270/_c tga is not being removed.
if shippack does not have 270/_c tga file the remaining/wrong image is used.

note; these last two issues has lead me to find 2 issues with vanilla build image option and ECM 1366. :up:

Return to “Ultimate Editor”