Ultimate Mod 5 v2.5 1024 (Updated 15/2/16)

Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Ultimate Mod 5 v1, coming soon!

Post by Martok »

Dafedz wrote:Yes there are a number of bugs and some balancing issues with the Beta, all of which have been corrected. There will be a new, updated and 'working-as-intended' release of UM5 soon.

Awesome. Looking forward to it!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Bulaba_Jones
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Bulaba_Jones »

Dafedz wrote:Yes there are a number of bugs and some balancing issues with the Beta, all of which have been corrected. There will be a new, updated and 'working-as-intended' release of UM5 soon.
Awesome, looking forward to it!

In the meantime, do you know of any quick fix to that AI colony development problem I've been having? Even by turn 300 the AIs don't seem to build anything on their colonies or terraform more than one planet. It's making playing the mod a real problem for me because there's no challenge at all.
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Bulaba_Jones wrote: In the meantime, do you know of any quick fix to that AI colony development problem I've been having? Even by turn 300 the AIs don't seem to build anything on their colonies or terraform more than one planet. It's making playing the mod a real problem for me because there's no challenge at all.
Fear not, that is well and truly fixed. All AI controlled empires are expanding/building normally now. In a recent test game I encountered the Romulans at mid-game, they had 46 systems, most fully terraformed and populated.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Sweet. :cool:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Ultimate Mod 5 v2.1 (New Release 5/5/14)

Post by thunderchero »

Nice,

new version available (see first post)

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Kick-ass! :D

I'm trying to remember, though: Is the mod compatible with the Multi-Installer? I'm blanking out at the moment.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Martok wrote: Is the mod compatible with the Multi-Installer?
yes

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

As a special favor to you, i promise i'll give it a try. :mrgreen:
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Downloading now. :cool:
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Holy crap, dafedz! Diplomacy with minors is definitely a lot harder now!

I was giving 320 credits every turn to the Talosians for what seemed like forever, but it didn't seem to make a dent in their relations towards me (this is while playing as the Feds). I finally ended upping the amount to 960 credits...and they *still* rejected my first two friendship treaty proposals, even though they were listed as "Receptive" both times! They finally accepted my third friendship offer, when they were almost at "Cordial". Sheesh...

Otherwise, though, I'm having fun playing it. Still getting used to some of the gameplay changes -- the no upgrades for buildings, for instance, to say nothing of the vastly increased importance of M-class planets -- but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. :)
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

@Martok: don't give minimum bribes; save your money and give full bribes a few turns in a row; if you skip a turn you lose some "likeness".

@Dafedz: i was playing Feds on large irregular on impossible, and by turn 70 i meet the Dominion; they expanded well having almost as many system as i did, but they did not build any warships; i found a few TTs and colonies, but I only saw the scout and the destroyer they got at the beginning; no other warships. I am now hovering over their home world raiding them; they are in a corner, so they did not meet any other major who could have destroyed their fleet.
I'll keep playing, but I was wandering if anyone else encountered this situation.
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

I just did a quick test hitting Turn 100 times, and found the Dominion had a normal and expected buildup of ships, approx 30 warships by this stage, which was close to all the other empires. So either the Dominion, when you encountered them, had lost their fleet in battle, or they are busy somewhere where you can't see them.

And yes Martok, most minors will turn up their noses at minimum gift offerings:)
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Also i noted that the +% to industry and energy had little effect - being based on the level 1 main buildings. But I don't think there is a way around that. They could be changed to absolute bonuses but you know better about the balance; i just started using this mod.
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

adi wrote:Also i noted that the +% to industry and energy had little effect - being based on the level 1 main buildings. But I don't think there is a way around that. They could be changed to absolute bonuses but you know better about the balance; i just started using this mod.
Wait until you've researched a few levels. It soon ramps up.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

no, i meant the +% energy and industry from the bonus buildings like the Employment Center.
i started on tech 8; that 80% from the Employment Center did not almost double my industry; but i'll check again.
I was interrupted yesterday when playing, almost made it to the Cosmos; i'll reach there today.
i'm curious if I can use other ships against orbitals, given that their shields are lower than i'm used to; i know in vanilla ships with shields < 2000 took damage during invasion.

Return to “Ultimate Mod”