Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Fixed an issue with the AI choosing poorly the target colonies when setting up trade routes.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:37 pm Yeah, the code only removes excess TRs that are unassigned, apparently by design - I guess Mike thought that if they were already set, there would be no reason for them to suddenly collapse.
Should we change that?
New patch.

I decided to cancel all those trade routes that are no longer valid; I still need to add a SitRep stating that they have been cancelled.

Some AI colony management tweaks.
Some important fixes and improvements to the AI setting trade routes; it now also takes the distance modifier into account.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Fixes a serious bug in alliances that reveals the entire map for the signataries.
Tentative fix for the Production panel in ultra wide monitors.
More tweaks to AI setting trade routes, namely (initial steps to) Mercantile member minors setting their routes independently of the empire having an OBP, or TRs already established with target colonies from native colonies.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

The AI TR code could throw an exception, fixed it.
When a colony is subjugated, and a minor civ joins an empire, now all TRs (incoming and outgoing) are checked to see if they remain valid for the colony's new owner; if so, they are kept, otherwise they're cancelled.
Hopefully fixed an issue where an envoy would remain in the diplomacy screen's envoy slot, even after retiring from active duty, for (minor?) civs that are subjugated.
Fixed a display issue where a fleet could set a path to the border sectors (only) of a civ you have a NAP with, like if it was a valid route (though the fleet would not enter the civ's territory); now it shows as invalid.

Feedback welcome.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Fixed cloaked fleets of affiliated+ civs not displaying their name in the Task Forces expander.
Subjugated colonies with no food production now spawn a few Primitive Farms, so that starvation is not so severe.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

It's been awhile since I last posted, however I have been getting occasional CTD's after updating the game universe hangs for awhile before finishing the turn or crashing. The game save is a few patches behind the current and it is the non CE version, let em know if you have further questions.
.autosav.zip
(712.66 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Error.txt
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Log.txt
(200.82 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Hebrewhammer, glad to see you posting!
It's an Out of Memory crash (and in this case it seems to happen when updating the minimap). [edited]
Played a few turns and it didn't happen to me though.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Got it, Ill start a new game and see what happens as I progress through the turns.
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

I had a quick question and a quick search of the forums did not show what I was looking for. My question is simple, how does the fleet support mechanic work when I do into the negatives?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hebrewhammer wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:37 pm how does the fleet support mechanic work when I do into the negatives?
You mean when fleet support is negative, or when credits are negative?

If the former, then that amount is subtracted from your credits pool each turn, to pay for the excess maintenance cost of your ships.

Fleet Support is the max value of ship maintenance that you do *not* have to pay every turn, because of population support (increases with population). Anything above that, will have to be paid by your treasury.

The value that is displayed in the Empire Info expander is not actually your total fleet support, but the *remaining* fleet support you still have left, after all your ships' maintenance costs are subtracted from the total. So if it is say 500, that means you can still build more ships with a total maintenance cost of 500 (or less ofc) and those ships will not cost a dime from your treasury; if you build ships costing 550, you'll have to pay 50 credits per turn in maintenance (until some ships are destroyed or scrapped, or your population grows enough to increase your total fleet support by 50).
Hebrewhammer
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Hebrewhammer »

Got it, appreciate the explanation. :grin:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:

You can check the tooltip for (the value of) Fleet Support to get the specifics:

Population Support is the total support generated (population and +FleetSupport buildings)
Fleet Maintenance is the maintenance cost for all your ships (maintenance for stations is not covered by support)

(Fleet Support = Population Support - Fleet Maintenance)
Attachments
support.png
support.png (59.37 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.

Addressed a few things mentioned in other threads:
- morale boost for colonizing a system for the Dominion lowered from 4 to 3
- bonus to Trust from TR income lowered (to less than half)
- assigned TRs can be re-assigned to another valid colony of the same owner, without having to cancel it (and taking the diplo hit); seems to be working correctly (valid target colonies, color code of TR line), but further testing might be required

Some statements in the diplo screen have also been hotfixed, needs more work.
Visit the Supremacy official site for game related stuff.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have noticed that some scanners are inactive in some border sectors of the map.
Screenshot (8) 20240322.jpg
Screenshot (8) 20240322.jpg (729.47 KiB) Viewed 425 times
There is 0 scan strength in sectors (18,119) to (22,119) and (28,119) to (30,119) despite I have the Isolinear Scanner, Tachyon Detection Grid and Convert Sensor Array constricted in the Ganalda system.
Is there a reason for that?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Is there an anomaly nearby that might be cancelling the scanner? It's odd that it cancels exactly the strength of the scanner, but it's not impossible. Some anomalies have a rotating or a pulsating effect, some are static.
Can you check please, and report back?
Visit the Supremacy official site for game related stuff.

Return to “Supremacy”