Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Fixed the Bajoran WH endpoint issue.
Also improved/fixed the spawn location of these 2 special wormholes, so that they will not be adjacent to any other star system (inhabited or not) other than the civ's homesystem.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch for Lakotavar and his friend to test in MP games. :cool:
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

Iceman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:43 am New patch for Lakotavar and his friend to test in MP games. :cool:
That puts no pressure on us at all :mrgreen: But thanks! :smile:

I guess it makes sense to have as many changes worked in as possible since this game will take us several weeks or months.. unfortunately we are not exactly students any more so.. (actually we were when we played botf 1).

Latest start should be next weekend but probably we find time for a short intro during the week.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

ROTFLMAO

I'll probably be able to squeeze in a few more fixes and improvements before you start a new game then. :up:
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

OK, then I would say we start the new MP game this weekend and you could still squeeze in some of the updates until Friday.. no crunch time necessary though.. :grin:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Just noticed a trade routes issue in BotF which should be fixed in Supremacy (if not done):

When a trading partner loses a system the game will remove the trade route without notice.

There should be a notice and/or the trade route should persist if you are allowed to trade with the new system owner. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I actually started working on that some time ago. :wink:
It's not complete yet, but you'll get notifications on most situations; memberships that make TRs available are complete though, as of the latest patch or the one before that, can't recall.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I have noticed something else in the Supremacy.
Mercantile minor races usually use specific building to have the trade rout option open. If such rout is established and after that the building is destroyed, in effect of a bombardment for example, but the member system still exists, the rout exists without that building.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:08 pm I have noticed something else in the Supremacy.
Mercantile minor races usually use specific building to have the trade rout option open. If such rout is established and after that the building is destroyed, in effect of a bombardment for example, but the member system still exists, the rout exists without that building.
That's one of the parts where it's not complete yet, yes.
But don't those TRs get removed in the turn after the building gets destroyed? (Not the current turn, the next one)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New patch.
You only need the latest one (20240125), but I'll leave the others there for now, in case something goes wrong.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

That's one of the parts where it's not complete yet, yes.
But don't those TRs get removed in the turn after the building gets destroyed? (Not the current turn, the next one)
I have just tested it by scrapping such building myself.
The rout is not removed and makes a profit.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yeah, the code only removes excess TRs that are unassigned, apparently by design - I guess Mike thought that if they were already set, there would be no reason for them to suddenly collapse.
Should we change that?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:37 pm Yeah, the code only removes excess TRs that are unassigned, apparently by design - I guess Mike thought that if they were already set, there would be no reason for them to suddenly collapse.
Should we change that?
I don't think so, that might be OK. I had found that a couple of weeks ago and wondered if to report that or not, so decided only to let you know how it looked.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Then again, you don't actually need the buildings after you set the TRs. In fact, you can activate the building, set the TRs, then deactivate it.
That's an exploit. :neutral:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Iceman wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:29 am Then again, you don't actually need the buildings after you set the TRs. In fact, you can activate the building, set the TRs, then deactivate it.
That's an exploit. :neutral:
I suppose you could merge that with a constant dropping of mercantile races' regard - if the building is on the regard is not dropping.

Return to “Supremacy”