Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Re: Playing as the Borg

Post by geordie »

I got no starvation sitrep neither on load nor on new turn. :???:
Alcoves are enough for the current pop, and since you're building another alcove (which will cover max pop) before a maturation chambers (the first in the system), all is good.
Here is the situation one turn later.
Screenshot 2023-12-20 100006.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-20 100006.jpg (623.44 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hmm, that's odd. You are correct, but I could swear that last night pop was still 215 after ending turn... :???:
(BTW, there is no starvation sitrep because a food structure is queued)

Fixed it, will be in next patch. :up:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Iceman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 pm
Iceman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:40 pm Since there is no valid route between them, the fleet cannot move.
This needs to be handled properly, namely making TWHs work exactly like wormholes.
We'll probably need to handle it the same way as moving through wormholes, with a fleet order; in this case, when the order is given, a dialog is presented to the player with all the other TWHs in the galaxy (by sector name), so that they can choose to which one the fleet will move.
Wow that sounds like a lot of work for you. But I think it would be really cool if worked that way :up:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Nobody wants to trade with me :sad: :oops:
Screenshot 2023-12-22 135739.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-22 135739.jpg (92.98 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

What do you have to offer, cybernetic implants and a life of perfection? :twisted:

But seriously, did that happen in your game? The Borg shouldn't have TRs, and certainly not at 315 pop. Did you mod the TR requirements? But only that colony has TRs...
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Sorry, disregard that.
It has disappeared after one turn.
The system was assimilated just that turn, so I suppose that was a valid trade rout before the assimilation.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, ok, but it should be fixed anyway. Thanks!

edit: fixed!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:23 pm
Iceman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 pm
Iceman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:40 pm Since there is no valid route between them, the fleet cannot move.
This needs to be handled properly, namely making TWHs work exactly like wormholes.
We'll probably need to handle it the same way as moving through wormholes, with a fleet order; in this case, when the order is given, a dialog is presented to the player with all the other TWHs in the galaxy (by sector name), so that they can choose to which one the fleet will move.
Wow that sounds like a lot of work for you. But I think it would be really cool if worked that way :up:
A bit, yes, but it's done. :wink:
Just need to test it a bit more.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

In the new full build / patch that was just released, Transwarp movement is done through a TF order; when the TF is in a sector with a TWH, giving the order will present a dialog from which you can select the destination TWH (unless there's only one other TWH). A warning dialog will be presented if there isn't enough deuterium for the jump.
I tried showing the amount of deuterium required in the order display (and also the drone capacity in the assimilation order), but it'll require more work than I was expecting... it's on hold for now.
This implementation will allow TFs to TW to hubs where the fleet does not have a "legal" path to (ie, is out of range).
I tested this with geordie's very useful saves :up: but LMK of any issues you may find please.
I'm not sure if the deuterium costs for TW movement need to be reduced (I haven't touched them for this release).

Probe's maintenance is now 15. LMK if it's better.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

What do you think about a random event in the Borg game like an attack the assimilated system by the Undine species (8472)?
Species_8472_Bioships.jpg
Species_8472_Bioships.jpg (141.78 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I think it is a great idea :idea:

I see it as a nice way to "force" the Borg to have Intel production, if we make it work like the terrorism events (for regular empires).
But we need to come up with reasonable effects. Should the colony be destroyed (which they could do) or should it only take some damage. If it only takes damage, should it be only to population, only to structures, or to both; and should it be a fixed "amount", or dependent on the size of the colony.
I guess it could a form of bio attack (like Medical ships), if the latter.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I thought about something similar to the Borg attacks in the original BotF.
So one bioship, which might be detected by the Subspace Analyser, traveling towards a Borg system fast, like 3 sectors per turn. Might be taken down for example by two Tactical Cubes or 3 Cubes. The bioship could eliminate some drones in the system every turn, up to complete population destruction or its defeat.
There is even a model in the net (might be free of charge)
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/star-tr ... cce89624bf
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's a huge amount of work, as it requires creating a new "civ", and one without a homesystem which the code needs to be able to handle.
I'll add it to the ToDo tracker for now :wink:

Great model BTW :!:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

So the first step might be just a random attack on the Borg system, but - as the Borg systems are rather sparse and cannot be recreated - I would propose only a partial destruction (some population a maybe some buildings), similar to other extra events.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Should the Borg have any way to prevent these attacks, like either through Intel output (like terrorism events), or having an active Subspace Analyser in the colony or a Transwarp Hub in the sector :?:
Or should they (only?) reduce the chance in that colony :?:
Or something else.

Return to “Supremacy”