Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Playing as the Borg

Post by the6the »

Iceman wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:57 pm
the6the wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:14 pm I vote to give this a try, and see how it goes
Ok, I'll add the 4th only if assimilated pop is 250 or more.
Up until now, if the pop was more than 225 a fourth would spawn, a fifth at 300 (one additional one for every 75 more).. which coincides with how many food PFs would spawn - the production PFs would match in number. This made perfect logic to me.
So adding a 4th when it's 250 is actually nerfing the expansion of the Borg. Let's give it a try.

Yeah, the missing drones are not an issue IMO, just leave as is.
I'm goin to download an start a new game and see how it goes. Can't wait to test the new hive link! Feedback to follow :up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:19 pm
Iceman wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:57 pm Ok, I'll add the 4th only if assimilated pop is 250 or more.
Up until now, if the pop was more than 225 a fourth would spawn, a fifth at 300 (one additional one for every 75 more).. which coincides with how many food PFs would spawn - the production PFs would match in number. This made perfect logic to me.
So adding a 4th when it's 250 is actually nerfing the expansion of the Borg. Let's give it a try.
The only thing that changed was that the *minimum* number of PFs is 4 instead of 3 in systems with 250+ pop! That is,
If pop is enough for 5+ food PFs, then the same number of industry PFs is spawned (you are correct that industry = food).
Sorry, I was not clear in my post.
Come to think of it, this change probably makes no sense / has no effect. Should have thought a bit more about it. :oops:

Can't wait to test the new hive link! Feedback to follow :up:
:up:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Not a major thing, but could you please check out why some systems have a huge garrison in comparison to their pop?
Astro, Gianfar, and even Tylerius have much larger garrisons than their pop. I noticed this on a few more systems, but I assimilated them down the road.
Attachments
SP Borg Large Irregular 274.sav
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Those systems were bombarded to the stone age I guess; most likely with the Maximum Damage option, which focuses on damaging civilian infrastructure instead of military targets - the attacker probably didn't have a Command Ship to unlock the Maximum Accuracy option.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Are the soundfx for the Borg too annoying :?:
If so, which ones? Should we change any?
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Playing as the Borg I wondered how the assimilated Ferengi would look like...
So why not to use Google...
FpmsbbtaQAEw3JV.jpg
FpmsbbtaQAEw3JV.jpg (39.02 KiB) Viewed 5894 times
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Iceman wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:28 pm Are the soundfx for the Borg too annoying :?:
Let me know which ones are annoying and I'll try to redo them :up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:07 pm
Iceman wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:28 pm Are the soundfx for the Borg too annoying :?:
Let me know which ones are annoying and I'll try to redo them :up:
I was actually asking you guys if you find any of them annoying, since you have played the Borg a lot. The Game Context Menu (right-click menu) ones for example. Too loud, too long, too high pitched, etc?
If you find them to be ok, that's good :wink:
I don't have a problem with them , it just occured to me to ask.
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by the6the »

I've played a couple games with the Borg..

I think the Hive link is spot on actually! Great idea, and it's working well. I especially like the fact that, since it is a building, it can be destroyed during bombardment, which gives an important lever for the other empires in their defense against the Borg. FS is just about right if you ask me, although I'd like to play a no minor game first. energy 0 is great too, coz its up and running from the turn you assimilate which I found important on many occasions. The cost of rebuilding it is also good.

The Dilithium is on the low side. in my game with many minors, it was the bottleneck holding back production of ships for most of the game (way into turn 300s) But this could be a good thing, as there needs to be a bottleneck somewhere, and better it is dilithium, than duranium.

Duranium is just right in early game, but in mid game there is a surplus forming, and in late game we're talking tens of thousands building up. Not sure how I would handle that, since, if you decrease the output, there will be issues with it in early game, possibly making it the bottleneck.

Deuterium looks fine all the way through the game with the new cost to TWHs you recently put in. :up:

Research is much slower now, which is a good thing, as before it was too fast.

Question: The idle icon still reads "generate credits" on the Borg colonies. The Borg don't have credits or use them, so it would be good to make a new idle symbol.
What should it read? "idle", "reallocating resources", "awaiting orders" :?:
On the other hand, could the Borg's idle colonies generate small quantities of something other than credits, if so, what?
FS could be dangerous.. any of the D's could be overpowering.. a bonus to research is not needed.. the Borg don't have diplomacy..
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:43 pm The Dilithium is on the low side. in my game with many minors, it was the bottleneck holding back production of ships for most of the game (way into turn 300s) But this could be a good thing, as there needs to be a bottleneck somewhere, and better it is dilithium, than duranium.
I guess we could have either one of the homesystem buildings generate +1 dilithium, which would accumulate over time (+300 in those 300 turns you mentioned). Or give the Borg a building similar to the Romulan Singularity Plant: +dilihium for a huge energy cost.

Duranium is just right in early game, but in mid game there is a surplus forming, and in late game we're talking tens of thousands building up. Not sure how I would handle that, since, if you decrease the output, there will be issues with it in early game, possibly making it the bottleneck.
Yeah, one of the options might be to decrease the output and increase the initial amount the Borg start the game with. Increasing the hull/duranium cost of TWHs might also help a bit, and TacCubes?
I can't recall the exact specifics of Borg hull repair, but it might not be costing duranium (auto-repair thingie). If so, it can be reverted / made to cost duranium.

Question: The idle icon still reads "generate credits" on the Borg colonies. The Borg don't have credits or use them, so it would be good to make a new idle symbol.
What should it read? "idle", "reallocating resources", "awaiting orders" :?:
Yes, I've been trying to remove that from the Borg UI (along with the Credits display in the diplo screen), but couldn't find a way in XML. It needs another approach. But it's in my ToDo list.
Those suggestions sound good, you guys might vote for the best or add other options.

On the other hand, could the Borg's idle colonies generate small quantities of something other than credits, if so, what?
FS could be dangerous.. any of the D's could be overpowering.. a bonus to research is not needed.. the Borg don't have diplomacy..
Heh, that would be good, yes, but that's the question - what?
Intel / Int Sec ?
Increase growth (if needed ofc) ?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:24 pm Not a major thing, but could you please check out why some systems have a huge garrison in comparison to their pop?
Astro, Gianfar, and even Tylerius have much larger garrisons than their pop. I noticed this on a few more systems, but I assimilated them down the road.
Should we add additional damage to the garrison if pop is low :?:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Iceman wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:19 pm
the6the wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:24 pm Not a major thing, but could you please check out why some systems have a huge garrison in comparison to their pop?
Should we add additional damage to the garrison if pop is low :?:
Yeah I think it makes sense. It seems strange to have a system with far more troops on it than population, don't you think? I guess there could be some exceptions in the ST universe, but I came across a few of them in my games.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Well, pop and garrison are represented in different scales (300 garrison is not the same amount of people as 300 pop); the Borg are the exception in that they're represented by the same number, but that's for it to make some kind of sense (in that they're all "soldiers").

I'll see if I can come up with something; might be simply increasing garrison damage for Maximum Damage, for example.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Heh, that would be good, yes, but that's the question - what?
Intel / Int Sec ?
Increase growth (if needed ofc) ?
I see that the only chance is to generate some FS points - drones would be no busy anyway, so their need to be linked to the Collective should be lower.

Return to “Supremacy”