Suggestions

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Suggestions

Post by the6the »

Could there the text [AUTO] be added to every sitrep involving colonies that are currently on autobuild? I would find that quite useful in sifting through the sitreps. Maybe the same could be achieved by assigning them a special color to filter (purple maybe?)

Could it be possible to, like double click on a (stable) wormhole's image in the description area at the bottom, and be directed to the wormhole on the opposite end?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:19 pm Could there the text [AUTO] be added to every sitrep involving colonies that are currently on autobuild? I would find that quite useful in sifting through the sitreps. Maybe the same could be achieved by assigning them a special color to filter (purple maybe?)
Ok, I'll look into that soon.

Could it be possible to, like double click on a (stable) wormhole's image in the description area at the bottom, and be directed to the wormhole on the opposite end?
It's already in :cool:
IIRC it's ALT + double-clicking on the wormhole sector - it'll center on the endpoint. You can go back to the "entrance" by doing it again, ofc.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

the6the wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:19 pm Could there the text [AUTO] be added to every sitrep involving colonies that are currently on autobuild? I would find that quite useful in sifting through the sitreps. Maybe the same could be achieved by assigning them a special color to filter (purple maybe?)
Would this be for SitReps that say item x built, or only for the build queue empty SitReps :?:
the6the
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by the6the »

Item x built, and queue empty :up:

I thought I saw the wormhole thing somewhere a while back! Awesome, thanks for the heads up! :grin:
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

I thought it would be really nice to have something like an end-screen (like in botf1) which would be shown either if one retires or a certain victory condition is met.
Just a few interesting stats like how many colonies and minor civs, military strength, research points, economy etc. and both for SP and MP. For MP it could also be another way to determine who "won" if players had an Alliance and there are no other victory conditions.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You mean the power graphs? If so, it's in the ToDo list.
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

Iceman wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:35 pm You mean the power graphs? If so, it's in the ToDo list.
I guess so, sounds like it, thanks.
Is the ToDo list maybe visible somewhere because it seems my ideas are not necessarily new? I didn't find it with the search though.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I meant the issue tracker in the repository, which is not visible, no.
The_Undying_Nephalim
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The_Undying_Nephalim »

I've been having a lot of fun playing this lately. It really does feel like it's some long lost build of BOTF2.
I really have no complaints or critiques at all, really well made game so far and I look forward to when all the combat is added in. I suppose all I really have to say is some minor requests/questions!

1. Is there a way to get additional trade routes? I've played quite a few games and other than a Minor Race structure that adds trade routes, I've never been able to figure out how to get more than the single trade route the home system starts with.

2. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but is there a way to add the little voice clip that says "Treaty will be accepted/rejected" when you accept or reject a treaty that was sent to you? Very tiny detail but every now and again I stare at the Diplomacy screen like a dummy when I hit accept and don't hear any feedback. :lol:

3. Is there a way to disable the Borg or some way to make them spawn on the opposite side of the galaxy? On small and tiny galaxies and several times even on medium size galaxies I seem to have the misfortune of spawning right next to them and get constantly harassed by their probes. After about 50 turns a Cube comes by and wipes out all my outposts. :shock:

Anyway that's all for now, really loving playing this even after getting stomped by the Borg. :cool:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The_Undying_Nephalim wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:12 am I've been having a lot of fun playing this lately. It really does feel like it's some long lost build of BOTF2.
I really have no complaints or critiques at all, really well made game so far and I look forward to when all the combat is added in. I suppose all I really have to say is some minor requests/questions!
:up:
Glad you're enjoying the game!
Feel free to ask any questions and post requests and suggestions, and we'll try to address them.

1. Is there a way to get additional trade routes? I've played quite a few games and other than a Minor Race structure that adds trade routes, I've never been able to figure out how to get more than the single trade route the home system starts with.
Colonies create TRs according to their current population. Each empire has its own threshold value for new TRs, which can be modded easily in the
\Resources\Tables\ResourceTables.txt
file, specifically in the TradeRoutePopReq table:

Code: Select all

TableStart	TradeRoutePopReq
ColumnHeadingsStart	Value
RowHeadingsStart	
(Default)	999
FEDERATION	250
ROMULANS	275
KLINGONS	285
CARDASSIANS	260
DOMINION	999
BORG	999
TableEnd
As you can see, if you're playing the Feds, only systems with 250+ pop will create TRs; if you happen to have a system with 500+ pop, you'll get 2 TRs, etc. Such systems are not common, ofc.
These values are much higher than in BotF. This makes TRs (and their diplomatic value) more scarce, and thus more "valuable". It also makes getting one of those minor civs with a +TR building much more powerful. This change was also meant to decrease the amount of credits that civs get, which could border on the ridiculous.

Notice that Dominion colonies do not create "native" TRs (unless they get a 1000+ pop system :mrgreen: ), they have to rely on minor civs for that.
And the Borg, well, they don't really have anything to trade, they're all about taking. :twisted:

If you want more TRs in your game, you just have to lower those values in that table.
I suppose they could be decreased a bit, not sure.

2. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but is there a way to add the little voice clip that says "Treaty will be accepted/rejected" when you accept or reject a treaty that was sent to you? Very tiny detail but every now and again I stare at the Diplomacy screen like a dummy when I hit accept and don't hear any feedback. :lol:
:oops: Yes, will look into it. Thanks! :up:

3. Is there a way to disable the Borg or some way to make them spawn on the opposite side of the galaxy? On small and tiny galaxies and several times even on medium size galaxies I seem to have the misfortune of spawning right next to them and get constantly harassed by their probes. After about 50 turns a Cube comes by and wipes out all my outposts. :shock:
Hehe, yes, playing with the Borg enabled is not recommended in smaller maps; even though they start the game in a dormant state, they will be awakened as soon as someone contacts them (or after a given amount of turns which depends on map size).
You can disable them as an AI civ by setting Special Events to No, in the Single Player Start Screen. right now it's the only thing that Special Events is used for.
You can disable them as a playable civ for the human player(s) in Main Menu > Settings > Gameplay .

Anyway that's all for now, really loving playing this even after getting stomped by the Borg. :cool:
:lol:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The_Undying_Nephalim wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:12 am 2. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but is there a way to add the little voice clip that says "Treaty will be accepted/rejected" when you accept or reject a treaty that was sent to you? Very tiny detail but every now and again I stare at the Diplomacy screen like a dummy when I hit accept and don't hear any feedback. :lol:
Ok, added those voice clips for the next patch, thanks!
I think all voice clips are now being played, but I'll have to check (except the upgrade order, which is still not decided if it will be implemented).

Maybe there should be a warning when starting a game in Tiny~Medium maps when the Borg are enabled :?:

Keep the feedback coming! :up:
The_Undying_Nephalim
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The_Undying_Nephalim »

Iceman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:34 amColonies create TRs according to their current population. Each empire has its own threshold value for new TRs, which can be modded easily in the
\Resources\Tables\ResourceTables.txt
file, specifically in the TradeRoutePopReq table:

Code: Select all

TableStart	TradeRoutePopReq
ColumnHeadingsStart	Value
RowHeadingsStart	
(Default)	999
FEDERATION	250
ROMULANS	275
KLINGONS	285
CARDASSIANS	260
DOMINION	999
BORG	999
TableEnd
As you can see, if you're playing the Feds, only systems with 250+ pop will create TRs; if you happen to have a system with 500+ pop, you'll get 2 TRs, etc. Such systems are not common, ofc.
These values are much higher than in BotF. This makes TRs (and their diplomatic value) more scarce, and thus more "valuable". It also makes getting one of those minor civs with a +TR building much more powerful. This change was also meant to decrease the amount of credits that civs get, which could border on the ridiculous.
I actually do really like that change from the original game, I did always feel like Trade routes were extremely powerful in BOTW, especially with the Ferengi who could spawn 8 of them with minor factions without any treaties!

I suppose I feel like having just a single trade route for over a hundred turns does feel a bit odd though, I guess I've just run out of luck finding systems with higher than 250 pops. Maybe I'll slightly tweak the values... :wink:
Iceman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:34 amOk, added those voice clips for the next patch, thanks!
Excellent. :cool:
Iceman wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:34 amYou can disable them as an AI civ by setting Special Events to No, in the Single Player Start Screen. right now it's the only thing that Special Events is used for.
You can disable them as a playable civ for the human player(s) in Main Menu > Settings > Gameplay .
Oh silly me I didn't realize I could disable the Borg that way, that will make smaller galaxies a lot better!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The_Undying_Nephalim wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:14 pm I suppose I feel like having just a single trade route for over a hundred turns does feel a bit odd though, I guess I've just run out of luck finding systems with higher than 250 pops. Maybe I'll slightly tweak the values... :wink:
I haven't felt the need for more TRs in relation to minor civs(*), as relations can be improved also through an envoy. As soon as one minor is made a member, the TR can be redirected to another one.
Some reports say that it's a bit too easy to get minors to join; that's one of the reasons for being reticent about making it even easier.
The Feds have enough advantages already, so we need to be careful with these changes - considering that their personnel is also more prone to having good stats for diplomacy.

(*) In relation to empires, having lots of TRs might make trading with other empires too good; there's also reports that it's also a bit too easy to get to Alliance. I've made it so that each of your colonies can only trade with *one* colony of each other civ (empire or minor), to prevent this type of "abuse"; so each of your TRs can only target a single colony of another empire.

Oh silly me I didn't realize I could disable the Borg that way, that will make smaller galaxies a lot better!
This is not mentioned anywhere yet, so it's not your fault :wink:
I've added the warning I mentioned above, will be in the next patch. But it needs to be explained somewhere - will make a note to add it to the manual.
Thanks!
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

As the Supremacy prefers shorter distance trade routs I would propose to have an option to update them without any penalty, as the empire growth would allow nearer systems development. I thought about a simple replacing of the existing rout using closer system and clicking the destination in a similar way like a creation of a new rout.

And maybe a tooltip showing potential earning before establishing the rout would be nice as well.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

geordie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:08 am As the Supremacy prefers shorter distance trade routs
IMO it's what makes sense. It can be discussed though.

I would propose to have an option to update them without any penalty, as the empire growth would allow nearer systems development.
It's in the suggestions list, though it should only be possible if the new target colony belongs to the same civ.
To notice that a trade route can be cancelled at any time, but with a penalty to relations. It can then be reassigned immediately, if the necessary conditions are met.

I thought about a simple replacing of the existing rout using closer system and clicking the destination in a similar way like a creation of a new rout.

And maybe a tooltip showing potential earning before establishing the rout would be nice as well.
Another suggestion of implementation is to have a new order in the right-click menu of trade routes, similar to Cancel Trade Route, called Reassign Trade Route, that only allows you to select target colonies of the same owner; the valid target colonies would then:
- be displayed in a list in a dialog, maybe ordered by income
or
- show the respective incomes in the starmap (no dialog)
Attachments
TR menu.png
TR menu.png (20.22 KiB) Viewed 209 times

Return to “Supremacy”