Feedback needed

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Feedback needed

Post by Lakotavar »

Iceman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:57 am Hehe, the Summary window displays all the SitReps (Situation Report) from the current turn.

Re getting a SitRep, I'd suggest you only get it:
- for fleets *exiting* a WH, not when entering (getting both could duplicate the information)
- for civs that are Neutral or lower (red priority if at war, orange otherwise)
- if scan strength in the sector is > 0, like suggested above
Thanks for explaining!

And I would like those additional SitReps, especially with the situational color coding :up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I meant it as you only getting *one* SitRep if all those conditions are met. Should have been more clear, sorry.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'd also like to add a SitRep for when a fleet arrives at one of your colonies and you don't have at least Open Borders with that civ. Some day.
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

OK, I think the scan strength > 0 condition would apply anyways and combining the other two would avoid too many SitReps.
A friendly fleet using a WH would not be important enough to be mentioned. The list already tends to be long until endgame (useful information though). I switched off the green notes for that reason.
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

Iceman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:57 pm I'd also like to add a SitRep for when a fleet arrives at one of your colonies and you don't have at least Open Borders with that civ. Some day.
That would probably also be helpful even though in our short MP session today I noticed that the course of the AI fleet can appear a bit chaotic. A fleet arriving at a colony would not necessarily mean too much.
So maybe also this warning should be combined with more conditions. For example it could only be triggered if an arriving fleet has more than X total weapon power (scan strength > 5 or so, otherwise no warning) where X should slightly increase with the defense power of the colony. That would avoid repeated SitReps about a single scout ship on its risky mission through my territory during war or any other weak fleet that I don't care for :wink:
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

Again about the ST canon, wormholes and cloaking ships.
In DS9 episode 3x21 "The Die is Cast" the whole huge mixed Cardasian/Romulan fleet also decloaks before entering the wormhole to attack the Dominion.

But I agree that it should be deliberate decision to make the game more fun. Might also depend on the game difficulty level. But what is easier again depends on what an empire we play.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:57 am Re getting a SitRep, I'd suggest you only get it:
- for fleets *exiting* a WH, not when entering (getting both could duplicate the information)
- for civs that are Neutral or lower (red priority if at war, orange otherwise)
- if scan strength in the sector is > 0, like suggested above
My reasoning for these 3 *simultaneous* conditions :

Is there any value in knowing a fleet entered a WH if you don't know where it exited?
If you know where it exited, do you want/need to get 2 sitreps, one for the entry point and one for the exit point?

Is there any value in knowing an friendly+ fleet entered/exited a WH?

When I say any value, I mean enough to warrant a sitrep.
Lakotavar
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Lakotavar »

Iceman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:43 pm Is there any value in knowing a fleet entered a WH if you don't know where it exited?
No, not enough at least.
If you know where it exited, do you want/need to get 2 sitreps, one for the entry point and one for the exit point?
One sitrep for the exit point only in my opinion. It would be just nice to know if a fleet is somewhere else suddenly when I am not friends with them.
Is there any value in knowing an friendly+ fleet entered/exited a WH?
No, not really important if there is no possible danger involved.

Return to “Supremacy”