Mirror Universe mod

Mirror Universe mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Mirror Universe mod

Post by thunderchero »

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Birth of the Federation
Mirror Universe mod
INTRODUCTION
The mirror universe is a parallel universe where the patterns of events move in similar manners to that of the primary universe, but the intentions and characterizations are different, often showing "evil" characteristics in place of "good", and vice versa. Starfleet Intelligence, by the year 2267, referred to this reality as "Terran Empire parallel". The mirror universe shares a similar history to that of the primary universe, and many of the same people exist in this reality, but they and the galaxy they live in are skewed versions of their "normal" counterparts.

Storyline
By the 22nd century, with advanced Vulcan technology at their disposal, the Terran Empire had expanded and conquered other races, including the Vulcans, Andorians, Tellarites, Orions and Denobulans.

In 2155, the ISS Enterprise, under the command of Captain Maximilian Forrest, was the flagship of the Imperial Starfleet of Terran Empire. In January of that year, Commander Jonathan Archer mutinied against Forrest in order to take the ship into Tholian space to capture the primary universe starship USS Defiant which the Tholians had obtained. While the mutiny was ultimately unsuccessful, Captain Forrest had no choice but to continue the mission, since the ship's helm had been locked on auto-pilot. The Enterprise was later destroyed by Tholian ships, but not before Archer was able to take control of the Defiant. Archer tried to use the Defiant in a grab for power, intending to replace the Emperor, but was betrayed and killed by Hoshi Sato, who declared herself Empress.

In possession of the USS Defiant, the mirror universe was generally unaware of the primary universe. Knowledge of the primary universe and the Federation was restricted to the highest levels of the Terran Empire. In the primary universe, Section 31 had some knowledge of the mirror universe.

By the early 24th century, the Terrans had been reduced to a slave-race and a handful of rebels on the run from the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, which was intent on destroying the entire Terran race. One such ships used by the Terran Rebellion was Stargazer, captained by Gilaad Ben Zoma.

Bajor, formally occupied by the Terrans, was freed by the Alliance and soon joined it. In orbit around the planet, the command post/ore-processing facility Terok Nor was constructed.

By 2370, the second major contact with the primary universe took place. A runabout from station Deep Space 9 entered the mirror universe following an incident in the Bajoran wormhole. Kira Nerys and Julian Bashir were captured by forces from Terok Nor, and interrogated by the commander, Intendant Kira Nerys. Bashir was sent to work in the ore processing plant, where he befriended Miles O'Brien. After instigating a series of incidents aboard the station, including the death of Odo during a slave uprising, Kira and Bashir convinced privateer Benjamin Sisko to rebel against the Alliance and help them to escape back to the primary universe.

A year later, Smiley crossed over to the primary universe and impersonated his counterpart long enough to capture Benjamin Sisko. He took Sisko back to the mirror universe, where he convinced him to impersonate his mirror-self who had been killed in a skirmish with Alliance ships. The rebels needed the other Sisko to win over Jennifer Sisko, Sisko's wife, who was working as a scientist for the Alliance. Jennifer had been developing a transpectral sensor array, which would have allowed the Alliance to locate rebel hideouts in the Badlands. Fortunately for the rebels, Ben was able to convince Jennifer to defect to the movement.

In the Badlands, Chakotay, a former slave, commanded a ship in the rebellion attempting to evade pursuit. There, he encountered a strange ship which had been catapulted seventy thousand light-years across the galaxy.

While in the Federation's universe, Smiley downloaded information from Deep Space 9's computers, including the plans for the USS Defiant. In 2372, the rebels constructed their own version of the Defiant, but had trouble getting it to function properly. Jennifer lured Ben Sisko back into the mirror universe to help. By this time the rebellion had grown in strength, culminating in the capture of Terok Nor, which became a rebel base of operations.

In 2374, Intendant Kira sent a thief, Bareil Antos, to the primary universe to steal one of the Bajoran Orbs, believing it would permit Kira to unite Bajor under her rule. The attempt failed, and Bareil returned to the mirror universe without the orb.

In 2375, Grand Nagus Zek, the leader of the Ferengi Alliance in the primary universe, used the multidimensional transporter to travel to the mirror universe, hoping to open up business opportunities; however, he was captured and held hostage by the Alliance. Intendant Kira made arrangements with Worf, the Regent of the Alliance, to obtain a Klingon cloaking device from the primary universe in exchange for Zek's return.

She sent Ezri Tigan, a Trill mercenary and Kira's lover, to give Quark the ransom-demand. Quark and his brother Rom stole the cloaking device from Klingon General Martok's ship and delivered it to Ezri, but decided at the last minute that they couldn't trust her to keep her side of the deal, and accompanied her to the mirror universe. There, all three were captured by the Terran rebels, who planned to keep the cloaking device. Ezri's companion Brunt freed them, delivering them to Regent Worf.

Aboard Worf's flagship, Quark and Rom were imprisoned along with Zek upon discovering Kira's plan, only to be later rescued by Ezri as revenge against Kira for killing Brunt. Ezri ended up joining the rebel cause. The primary universe Ferengi were allowed to return to the primary universe for having aided the rebels' defeat of Worf, a major victory for the rebellion.

(introduction credit https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Mirror_universe)

This file is now part of the full release of the All in One installer

the All in One installer can be found here
if possible please use google drive to save site bandwidth.
download section.
https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/get- ... le_id=1958
my google drive

Mod Features
General Mod Features
Game will only create one Galaxy type Irregular with 4 galaxy densities 15%, 20%, 25% and 30%
Major races, Cardassians, Terrian empire, Ferengi, Klingon and Romulans
Add a couple new minor races, and more minors with ships.
tech levels 1 - 20
Cloak, mainly limited to scouts and destroyers, all major races would have at least a couple cloaking ships, and klingons and romulans would have one or two "high" tech (15+) cloaking heavy cruisers or command ships.
Main structure only have 5 upgrades that upgrade in 1 turn. And use tech bonus increase every tech advancement
New colonies main structures start at current tech level.
Ship list, spread out tech requirements for current ships and add a few new High tech ships.
Structure list, spread out tech requirements for current structures and add a few new structures.
each minor race now have 2 buildable special structure, bonus can be viewed in diplomacy screen in race info.
Terran and all races will subjugate minors more often and build large fleets
Numerous new minor races, each providing unique advantages and some even have powerful ships of their own, including the Breen, the Maquis, the Miradorn and several more… And Buildable if membered.
New special structures, enhancing and specializing the production capacities of the individual empires
Enhanced game mechanics to allow for a more challenging game-play in single- and multiplayer games
Re-balanced planetary populations
Smoother advancement of minor races
Every minor race now has dilithium
Orbital batteries and Shield Generators have been strengthened
Changed population ship support and credit output Trade route thresholds changed and Ferengi free trade patch added
changed planet and anomaly occurrence frequencies
Gifts to minors the effect has been changed.
Industry bonus for all races have been edited at all levels
Almost all models have been replaced so they use 8 phasers and some use TMP slot
Minor race attitudes have been edited to reflect a more mirror universe feel
ship names have also been changed
new star names have been add
All troop-transport and colony ships have weapons and can fight in combat Romulan troop transport will even cloak
Alt.res has new images
minor race placement is more consistent, (when 30 minors is selected you get 30 minors)
AI will terraform all planets with in a system before they colonize
Terran morale edited for no penalty for bombardment or subjuagetion.
New Icons for Terrans

Map Sizes
800 x 600 and 1024 x 768
Small: 22 x 16
Medium: 30 x 22
Large: 40 x 30

1366 x 768 and 1920 x 1080
Small: 26 x 13
Medium: 36  x 18
Large: 48 x 24

Minor placement per galaxy size
minors.jpg
minors.jpg (30.05 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Planet frequency
planet.jpg
planet.jpg (27.45 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Stellar object frequency
freq.jpg
freq.jpg (41.59 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Colonization values
colony.jpg
colony.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Morale Chart
morale1.jpg
morale1.jpg (140.73 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Other bonuses
modifiers1.jpg
modifiers1.jpg (87.9 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Structures and Ships
structure_ships.zip
(25.47 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
THANKS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:

Most sincerest thanks go to Spocks-cuddly-tribble, who has been of tremendous help in the creation of Mirror Universe Mod. His coding support and skills have been invaluable.

A big deal of thanks to all the folks at afc, the guys and gals providing feedback, input and enthusiasm for this game for all these years! You guys are awesome.
Liabilities, Terms of Usage Agreements, Disclaimers

This mod has been created as a labor of love for BotF: Star Trek Birth of the Federation, and has been done as cleanly as possible. By cleanly, it is implied that the mod has been created in an environment that has been repeatedly scanned for viruses, worms, and other unwanted entities that can affect your operating system. The files contained within the Mirror Universe mod installer files replace BotF in-game data files only and as such should not corrupt any critical system files. Nonetheless, this mod is provided to the END USER (by USER it is implied to whomever download Mirror Universe mod installer and / or associated files and installed the contained files within into the stbof.res file thereafter) AS IS, and THE AUTHOR OF THE MOD, THUNDERCHERO or ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE ULTIMATE DOMINION MOD, IS IN NO WAY LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR FROM THE USAGE OF THIS MOD AND THE CONTAINED FILES WITHIN. The END USER understands that he or she is using Mirror Universe mod at his or her own risk, and any damage that may occur is solely their responsibility.

This mod, Mirror Universe mod, is being released to the public free and in no way is the author of the mod seeking any financial compensation. This Mod, associated files, artwork and other parts of the work may only and exclusively be distributed for non-commercial purposes and free of charge. Star Trek: Birth of the Federation is the intellectual property of CBS / Paramount Pictures and Atari.inc. and other respective copyright owners. No infringement is intended.

The END USER also understands and agrees that if he or she desires to use any of the files contained within the Mirror Universe mod installer and associated files that have been created and modified by the author Thunderchero or his associates for any purpose whatsoever, such as their inclusion into another mod for BotF, must ask permission from the author of the mod or his associates first out of appreciation for the hours of work that have been spent researching and working towards the creation of the Mirror Universe mod. Any files taken from the Mirror Universe mod with permission from the author or his associates, must be cited correctly and appropriately.

Any modification seen in the Mirror Universe mod concerning in-game ship 3D meshes (new ship models) and ship textures have been created by other authors of other mods for Star Trek: Birth of the Federation and by other people in the BotF community that have been gracious enough to lend the author of this mod their creative talent and hard work. They are included within the Mirror Universe mod with the original authors permission and have been cited in all applicable areas. Anyone desiring to incorporate these 3D meshes into their own mods must ask permission from the 3D ship meshes original authors, whom are cited below in the ACKNOLEDGEMENT AND WORK CITED sections of the readme.

The END USER fully understands and accepts the above mentioned liabilities, terms of usage and agreements, and agrees to follow the above outlined liabilities, terms of usage and agreements to the best of his or her abilities and knowledge and to the full extent as outlined above.

Now, happy playing everyone. And please do post your suggestions, comments and feedback. It's all very much welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

enjoy,
Thunderchero
thunderchero

Re: Mirror Universe mod

Post by thunderchero »

reserved
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

reserved
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

reserved
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

Hi Thunder

I haven't played too much of this mod yet, but I did notice a couple things. While playing with the 1366 version, I noticed that Pluto was right next to Mars in the Sol system (not sure if it was meant to be there or not). Also, in vanilla, there's usually a picture of you are just building Trade Goods in a system. but now there isn't anything.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

pluto auto moved when population was increased. it was also changed to jungle lol
I should have known better that someone would notice.

trade good text and images was removed. You still get the 2-3 credits, but felt this made it easier to see when you needed to add something into build queue.
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

At first I thought you had dropped Pluto completely. But than I noticed the weird jungle planet next to Mars lol.

I played about 50ish turns, and the tech leveling seems like it goes at a nice pace. I had ran into the Ferengi, and they had already conquered two minors, and were terraforming the planets within those systems. I like that change for the AI.
Westmensch
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Westmensch »

Played a couple of MP games as Terrans, Cardassians and Ferengi. Overall the mod seems pretty good. Only odd thing I noticed was the Pakled building giving less research than stated in the diplomacy screen but Pakled giving research in the first place is an odd think in and of itself. As I said in Discord, Terrans get way to much research and credits. Right now I feel that Terrans have a distinct advantage.
Only major thing I dislike are the growth rates which can severely hamper your progress if you get unlucky rolls. Increasing those by 1.5 or 2 would prevent having systems sitting at below 100 pop for dozens of rounds.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Westmensch wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm Played a couple of MP games as Terrans, Cardassians and Ferengi. Overall the mod seems pretty good.
cool it has been very stable in single player games.
Westmensch wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm Only odd thing I noticed was the Pakled building giving less research than stated in the diplomacy screen but Pakled giving research in the first place is an odd think in and of itself. As I said in Discord,
it is the "mirror" universe :wink:
and I am sure there are other I adjusted and place holders need to be re-adjusted to correct/current bonus.
Westmensch wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm Terrans get way to much research and credits. Right now I feel that Terrans have a distinct advantage.
that is why it is in beta, so noted :grin:
Westmensch wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm Only major thing I dislike are the growth rates which can severely hamper your progress if you get unlucky rolls. Increasing those by 1.5 or 2 would prevent having systems sitting at below 100 pop for dozens of rounds.

not sure if that could be helped much, some system will just have fewer planets and that greatly effects growth rate but will look at code to see if it can be slightly increased. but I would not want it to grow too fast either.

But don't forget, If you want systems to grow faster give it more food. You should have double the food of current pop.
so if current pop is 100, food should be at least 200 food for max growth.

I just tested on MUM
240 Max pop system
giving system double the food of current pop the system was at max pop by turn 74
giving same system minimum food to survive took till turn 104 to get to max pop. (Food never went below current population)

thanks for your input
Westmensch
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Westmensch »

I'll try the food thing. If that fixes the low growth rates it should be fine. Still haven't done much ship combat but Ferengi vs Roms was pretty balanced with Marauder I and Light Raiders.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I apologize for the idiot question, but where's the download link for the mod? I'm not seeing it. :oops:

In case it matters, I'm using the All-in-One installer 2.0.0 beta.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

it is in a separate post
viewtopic.php?f=306&t=3954#p52722
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Ah, gotcha. Thank you, sir!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

This mod is now part of the full release of the All in One installer 2.0.0

the All in One installer can be found here
if possible please use google drive to save site bandwidth.
download section.
https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/get- ... le_id=1958
my google drive

Return to “Mirror Universe mod”