Star Trek Brave New Worlds

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Axis
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Trek : Strange New Worlds

Post by Axis »

I think this 10 episodes in a season for Star Trek is a little bit compact after all.

Yeah, I know, I know, I did think otherwise a few years ago, when I was younger and still so infatuated with the Band of Brothers and The Pacific of Steven Spielberg's.

But, it seems to me that 10 episodes for Star Trek leave something out, it's like there is something left unsaid.

Discovery is better in this sense, they have a dozen episodes per season after all, but I was thinking of something like 18 episodes per season.
The old Treks had over 20 if I recall correctly, which was maybe a hint too much, IMO like Voyager, which was quite homogenic regarding the characters and the all-over grey feel, it is maybe the most boring of all series, those episodes were too similar, but on the other hand, "nutrek" series are a little bit too condensed, there could be more to the stories.

Nowadays I think my favorites still are DS9 and ENT, they had something in them, especially DS9 for diversity and the background story, ENT for the earlier era, stories and (somewhat) the background story. For movies I guess Generations is perhaps the best, the two eras, Data going mental and Soran, a believable villain, he desperately needs his fix of the Nexus.
Impress the Empress.
Axis
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Trek : Strange New Worlds

Post by Axis »

About uniforms, SNW uniforms look nice, even better than those TOS ones, but I think so far out of the TNG'ish uniforms the ones of Lower Decks are the best so far, it must be the white stripe below shoulders I guess, The Wrath of Khan and the rest TOS movie uniforms are also classics.
...then again those First Contact uniforms look good too.

Although I'm not a fan of animated trek, It's almost like nutrek for some others to me.
Impress the Empress.

Return to “General Chat”