Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Group Edit of Ships

Post by Ascendant »

Just starting out with UE and have 2 goals:

1. Buff up minor ship stats (of Fed members and future members) so they are comparable to my later era Federation ships

2. Find out why the Tamarians never spawned ships in my UM5 game and correct that condition some how

From poking around and reading, it seems I should be using Group Edit of ships so I started playing around with it.

A question here however - is there a function where the app populates all the stats into the fields instead of having them all as "1"s ?

Trying to marry up the stats from the ship overview to the fields in Group Edit of Ships is a bit confusing but if it could "suck in" the existing values and I could just tweak them, that would be great.

About the Tamarians - not sure where to start with them. In game, I achieved the tech needed for them to produce ships but nothing happened. Breen were at a similar requirement level and popped before I hit them with a membership and I can also produce them now they are in the Federation.

Any ideas?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Group Edit of Ships

Post by Flocke »

Ascendant wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:08 pm A question here however - is there a function where the app populates all the stats into the fields instead of having them all as "1"s ?
The group edit is meant to apply changes to many ships at once. Therefore the default value is rather a multiplier and it can't populate any specific stats. You however can print the stats with the ships overview to have a better reference.
Ascendant wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:08 pm About the Tamarians - not sure where to start with them. In game, I achieved the tech needed for them to produce ships but nothing happened. Breen were at a similar requirement level and popped before I hit them with a membership and I can also produce them now they are in the Federation.
Building ships of a membered race is a special mod ability. I'd guess it fails cause the minor race is stuck at the evolution level when you membered it. :roll:
Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ascendant »

ok thanks Flocke.

Within the editor is there a way to check the tech requirements for Minor Race ship generation made by the original modder and edit it?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Ascendant wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:11 pm ok thanks Flocke.

Within the editor is there a way to check the tech requirements for Minor Race ship generation made by the original modder and edit it?
you can change minor ship tech requirements in ship stats

The Tamarians ship requires the Tamarians to have a tech level of 7, 7, 8, 8, 7, 8 (at least 7-8 evolution jumps)

if you change requirements to 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 they should start spawning ships on start of game. but this would give unfair advantage on low tech games, but only humans would take advantage.
Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ascendant »

thunderchero wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:18 pm
Ascendant wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:11 pm ok thanks Flocke.

you can change minor ship tech requirements in ship stats

The Tamarians ship requires the Tamarians to have a tech level of 7, 7, 8, 8, 7, 8 (at least 7-8 evolution jumps)

if you change requirements to 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 they should start spawning ships on start of game. but this would give unfair advantage on low tech games, but only humans would take advantage.

I'm looking in the Ship Stats screen for the tamarian defender and I see a set of 8 text fields and drop boxes.

It starts with "Function" and ends with "Production" but I see nothing for the tech reqs. Am I in the wrong place?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Ascendant wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:42 pm It starts with "Function" and ends with "Production" but I see nothing for the tech reqs. Am I in the wrong place?
that is just the first page of 3 pages for ship stats. look at bottom on both sides of "index: 172" use arrow button to get to tech requirements.
Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ascendant »

Excellent - thank you!

Return to “Ultimate Editor”