Issue with resolving combat

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Founder Gaz
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Issue with resolving combat

Post by Founder Gaz »

Hi, I downloaded this game about a week or so ago and have been unable to stop playing as I was a huge fan of the original BOTF and this is even better so well done on creating this and thank you for providing updates and wanting to improve more.

I have been playing as Dominion and have run into an issue where after I get to turn 475 after pressing to confirm it will get to the 'resolving combat' box and that is it. I can see that its loading as the curser is the blue circle going round and round but it stays as that and doesnt progress any further. At first I thought it was an issue with the races and that they were just having a big battle but I went back to my previous saved game (turn 450) and played from there doing things differently, met different races and went new places but again it got to turn 475 and did the exact same thing. I was wondering if this is an issue that others have run into and if so is there a way to get past this turn? I was enjoying the campaign so much and would be sad to start again with a different race if this issue cant be fixed.

Apart from that you have my full praise for this game and I am sure I will be playing it for a long time to come.
Thank you!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Issue with resolving combat

Post by Iceman »

Founder Gaz wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:43 am Hi, I downloaded this game about a week or so ago and have been unable to stop playing as I was a huge fan of the original BOTF and this is even better so well done on creating this and thank you for providing updates and wanting to improve more.
Hi Founder Gaz!
Welcome to the forums, and to Supremacy!
Thanks for your kind words, they're much appreciated!

I have been playing as Dominion and have run into an issue where after I get to turn 475 after pressing to confirm it will get to the 'resolving combat' box and that is it. I can see that its loading as the curser is the blue circle going round and round but it stays as that and doesnt progress any further. At first I thought it was an issue with the races and that they were just having a big battle but I went back to my previous saved game (turn 450) and played from there doing things differently, met different races and went new places but again it got to turn 475 and did the exact same thing. I was wondering if this is an issue that others have run into and if so is there a way to get past this turn? I was enjoying the campaign so much and would be sad to start again with a different race if this issue cant be fixed.
Thanks for the report.
It's probably an AI vs AI battle, it's hard to say what's causing it without more data.
Can you please attach a saved game a turn or 2 before the hang? Savegames are in the \Saved Games folder. There's a \Logs folder too, where there should be a Error.txt file that should have some info (in this case, probably nothing useful though).
There's an Attachments button below the text box when replying, you can add the file(s) there.
Or, if you prefer to send them privately, drop me a PM.

Apart from that you have my full praise for this game and I am sure I will be playing it for a long time to come.
Thank you!
We're glad you're enjoying it, and give us feedback please.
Oh, and tell your friends about the game :mrgreen:
Again, thanks for taking the time to post!
Founder Gaz
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Founder Gaz »

Hi Iceman,

Thanks for the reply. I have included the saved game from about turn 473 which should give you an idea. It just seems that no matter what I do it will not progress beyond turn 475. I can press the escape button which allows me to access icons like the main menu but nothing else seems to happen with it.
I've looked into the logs to see if there is an error.txt file but cant seem to see anything that has any data connected to it. If this is something that cant be helped then I'm fine with that but if there is anything that can be done or that I should think about doing I'll be very appreciated.

I will make sure to give full feedback for this great game, there have been so many things that I've found unique and vastly improved upon from the original. Having played as Dominion I feel that they are perfectly aligned with how they should be in the game, the structures are sorted right and its made for an enjoyable experience. Questions that I've had have been easily answered by reading the forums which in itself is a great credit to you and the community as its been done so well and you can see the dedication that the team has.

I've started playing as Borg and that is a totally different gaming experience which is great as the Borg have different priorities in things and this is reflected well. I like how they are structured as far as building things and where they start on the tech tree and I'm having fun with them, can't wait to play as the other species to see what they are like.

Rest assured I will be telling people about this, I have many friends who loved BOTF when it was out and many a night was spent doing LAN games so I'm sure they will be eager to play this.
Thanks again.
Attachments
Log.txt
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Try without battle.sav
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Which version of the game was this game started with? I can't load it with either the most recent patched dev version or the CE version.

You're not playing the unpatched dev version, are you?

Return to “Supremacy”