CTD in ECM

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
Please read the topic titles below to see if your issue matches already solved issues before creating new support ticket.
Justinus
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

CTD in ECM

Post by Justinus »

Hi,

i just used the all in one installer and tried the ECM.

After succesfully starting a game i send out my ships and they discover two Star sytems (one by the scout and one by the colony ship).
After that i click on the system/the Ship and the game CTD.

I retried a few times and it repeats. Only in my first try i was able to open one star system but not the other.

Because i played the orginal CD i stil own for to weeks since today i recognized that i didnt knew the name of the star systems i was clicking.
(dont know if they really use the same names/Systems in each new started game, but i it was my first thought.
The "cardassia" system is okay. "Trill" okay, "Ceti Alpha" okay, but "Arwath"--> CTD,
I changed the race and with Federation five Star systems were all okay. switched back to the cardassians and i have ver much CTD star systems...
With more testing i can say: most systems around a federation beginning spot are okay (but i had a few CTD too) Nearly all systems around cardassian starting point lead to CTD.

May it be the star systems got reworked in any way and this causes my CTD? Is there a way to fix this by myself?

I am playing on Win 10.

Hope someone has an idea what to do. I was so happy to see that there was much improvement done after the release by the community!
Last edited by Justinus on Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: CTD in ECM

Post by thunderchero »

If you installed using "German" this might be your issue.

but issues have been resolved in latest beta version
viewtopic.php?p=59466#p59466
Justinus
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Justinus »

its 3.0 AM.

Why are you still awake? :oD

I was really disappointed when i found out that it wasnt working, couldnt go to bed. So thank you VERY much for our answer. Even if it means i have to test it RIGHT now :D

UPDATE: I choose the installer 2.03a (the beta): still the same problem. CTD when clicking Star System. I took "german" within the installer.

i dont know if its neccessary but i can confirm that this problem wont occur when chosing English as the language.

Disappointing, but nevertheless: Thank you for your support.

Maybe it will run one day in german, too.

I think i will switch back to vanilla/german. i saw it is the version 1.03. not 1.02.
i havent found what was improved in this version 1.03 (in fact i only found an old topic where it is said "there is no version 1.03" ;o)

so, is it better to switch back to 1.02. vanilla (my old cd) or to the 1.03 of the installer?
Last edited by Justinus on Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Justinus wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:07 pm so, is it better to switsch back to 1.02. vaniall (my old cd) or to the 1.03 of the installer?
on ECM some new files added did not get transferred to German. (d.tga, id.tga and other recent files)
but will be fixed on next update.

thank you for reporting issue

the version in the new installer was given version 1.0.3 (added required "hob patch fix" to decrease combat crashes)
the post you looked at must have been very old
but there was no official announcement of version change
Justinus
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Justinus »

Understood. Thanks again.

i will stick to that until the newest version of ECM goes live. is therer an newsletter or something like to announce this situation?

I wonder if i could "downgrade" to a former version of ECM or get an older version of the ECM which doesnt include these new files, which cause the trouble with the germen version. i doubt these problems exist from the start of the ECM (german version).

I am sorry for having two new questions per answer i get. :o)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

No, newsletter are sent out anymore. you just need to check back from time to time.

as for ECM German, I am not even sure what version to suggest and doubt if you could find older version.
Justinus
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Justinus »

Okay, i will stop by next time i want to play the game.

I have version 1.01. "all in one installer" here from 12. June 2017. Seems i discoverd this Forum years ago (and forgot about it afterwards...;o)
There a no problems with the Star systems.

BUT:
But this version is "slow"....
It is the effect the original game gets when you are in round 250 (or something like that). I dont know if its the correkt word but i would call it "mouse delay". So i dont say the round is calculated slow. The "usability" within players turn is not good because its difficult/annoying to me to "aim" with the mouse. Its more effort then it should be. In german you could say the mouse is "ruckelig". The translater says "jerky".

Well, seems i have no luck, but no offense:
Great work! I am sure the version that fits me (german, no "CTD star System" and "fast"/no mouse-delay) will come to me :oD

At that point i would like to get to know if there are still people play in Multiplayer. But i will cross that bridge when i come to it.
((UPDATE: decided to take part immediatly... i just give it a try with the english version)

Wonderfull game, very good support here.
A shame BoFT 2 never came as a "big/very proffessional" game (which means to me that there would have been much more ressorces for good work like this forum in a greater scale)
Last edited by Justinus on Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

1.) "mouse delay" issues is due to modern windows does not support older games.

DxWnd can fix this, sounds as if there is something wrong with the DxWnd setup (installer options)?

2.) BoFT 2 is called Supremacy and the guys have a working beta with 3D combat engine ready: viewforum.php?f=300 :cool:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Justinus
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Justinus »

Thank you!
Worked! :D

Thumbs up.

I came across supremacy but it "didnt fly" for me. dont like it that much as BOTF. May be this impression is from 2017, when i fetched the "all in one installer" (and have been interested in the whole BOTF "environment". May be i need to give it a second try because it evolved much in the meantime.

Back in that days it had no combat for the player so the outcome of battles were calculatet unpredictablely (to me). So i dropped it, but as you said, there is a combat system now.

Return to “Submit a support ticket for Windows (all versions)”