Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Assimilator8472
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Supremacy CE Preview

Post by Assimilator8472 »

Hello,

Have a saved game where a minor race is attacking one of my outposts. The battle simulator is hanging up and not loading in and extremely slow, also getting some exception handling errors a time or two on reloading and retrying the control of the battle. I know this is a work in progress but is this normal or just needs more work? Do you need my save game file?

Thanks
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy CE Preview

Post by Iceman »

Hi Assimilator8472, welcome to the forums!

That's a known issue, yes. There's a warning about it here and here. I'll give Misfire another nudge to see if he can fix it soon.

This version is for testing the combat engine, have you tried the dev version?
Assimilator8472
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Thanks for the reply!
I would gladly be a tester or report issues.
I do not know where to download the Dev version but that does sound interesting, where can I find that?
Love your Moo2 mods btw great work!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Assimilator8472 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:52 pm I do not know where to download the Dev version but that does sound interesting, where can I find that?
Same place where you got the CE version, but in the folder called "STsupremacy (not-CE)". I might not have been clear about it though, it does not have the 3D combat engine.

In order to safely play the CE version, I guess one could edit the \Resources\Data\TechTrees.xml file and remove all Construction Ships from all empires. That way, they won't build Stations. Lame, yes, but... Sorry.

Any feedback you have so far, please post either here or in the other thread about combat. :up:
Assimilator8472
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Oh I see, I was looking around on GitHub for a different version lOl. I've only recently started playing a game with 88 turns in and if it is only the station battles that have issues being simulated then that is no issue for me. I will continue to play then and hopefully the ship battles will be cool. Sure I'll post anything I find issue wise if any here. Thanks again Iceman.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

:up:

Here's the recap I posted on page 12 of the "Combat Discussion" thread, so that you don't have to read all of it :wink:

Iceman wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:47 am So, a recap of issues with the current CE build, mentioned in this thread:

- stations do not exist in the combat engine yet (single stations will hang the game)
(Echo Papa 607 is a ship but needs a 3D model too)

- add a auto-resolve button to the combat window

- improve camera controls

- the background might be too dark ? (maybe an option?)

My own feedback from one of my games:

- cloaked ships start the battle with full shields, and they do not [/might not] fire first when engaging (a non-cloaked fleet can fire first on a cloaked fleet [effectively negating cloak], even if there has been no prior [first] contact between the civs)

- in 3-way battles, one of the civs' (the player's?) ships start the battle facing sideways (facing the left side of the screen)

- support ships (like colony ships) might be deployed in front of combat ships

- damage and targeting might need to be tweaked

Iceman wrote:In this 3 way battle (me Dominion Scout vs 1 Romulan cloaked Scout and 2 Suliban cloaked Scouts), my scout was drawn sideways (facing the left side of the screen); the other ships were ok.
Also, the cloaked ships started the battle with their shields fully recharged.
BTW, I targeted one of the Suliban Scouts, and destroyed both in the same round.
In the 2nd round I fired on the Romulan Scout and destroyed it too.
I had no contact with either the Romulans or the Suliban before the battle.

Pages 9 and 10 of this thread also have Misfire's ToDo list, which might not be up to date anymore.
If you guys think of anything else, please post here.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ok, so Misfire is a bit busy but he said he would look into it later this week :up:
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

► Show Spoiler
Iceman wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:05 am Ok, so Misfire is a bit busy but he said he would look into it later this week :up:
Assimilator8472
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Lucky for us. Hopefully they have enough people working on the project to eventually finish sometime in the future.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

We're always looking for more people willing to help finish the game. There's still a lot to do.

Return to “Supremacy”