never seen this before

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

never seen this before

Post by thunderchero »

was playing as feds and got a statement from Cardassians
statement.jpg
statement.jpg (220.33 KiB) Viewed 785 times
but I have not meet Cardassians yet? :shock:
meet.jpg
meet.jpg (206.79 KiB) Viewed 785 times
now I am building a starbase on other side of map at wormhole.

other possibilities is I just took Bajor maybe they had already meet Bajorans?

EDIT;
I guess it was Bajor 2 turns later I meet them just west of Bajor
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: never seen this before

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:20 amgot a statement from Cardassians ... but I have not meet Cardassians yet? :shock:
I haven't seen this vanilla issue for a long time. Shouldn't be about known third parties, otherwise we should see this more often?
Strange thing is I recall this issue only with the cardassian AI too, but I might remember wrong.

---

Another issue is unresolved bugs with the event and/or result lists:

- station destroyed sometimes twice (indicates intricate bugs like raid messages: viewtopic.php?p=33996#p33996)

Later stages of game (number of list items overflow? - with hidded AI items):

- missing event message popups /voice-overs
- even missing morale events/effects (mostly small battle or system attack/bombing)

---

And there is still an ECM glitch that worries me: viewtopic.php?p=59491#p59491
Might be somehow related to the strange intel slider issue I once got in ECM (both eliminate empire): viewtopic.php?p=57053#p57053
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

When I already met another minor race and it gets membered, I remember that the new owner becomes visible too, at least for sector ownership.
Therefore I guess the bug is rooted in the routine that checks nearby system ownership changes. It might not even check for met races.

All other listed issues from my understanding are unrelated.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

The AI code checks within the SphOfIn and/or a default distance of three sectors to the own empire border (or next own system/station) for certain activities like terraform, colonization, minor membership and more: viewtopic.php?p=56938#p56938
But it also checks whether the 'wrongdoer' empire is known for complaints and loss of sympathy. This check fails in VERY rare exception cases.

The many bugs showing different map data of unknown empires (even ongoing terraforming out of scan range) have noting to do with this special bug.

Flocke wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:59 pmI guess the bug is rooted in the routine that checks nearby system ownership changes.
Yes, there is a missed first contact bug if your ship stays or moves in uninhabited sectors just claimed by the unknown empire due to another simultaneous action like nearby colonisation. So the different checks to determine known empires might go temporary out of sync (player vs AI data).
Sometimes you can fly many turns within claimed sectors without triggering first contact (for the player) due to this glitch. :???:

And yes, my other above listed issues are also not related to this problem.

EDIT: You can also raid once visited nearby systems, which are now owned by an unknown empire, to trigger the glitch. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.

Return to “General Chat”