Issues in MP games

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Issues in MP games

Post by Iceman »

I just uploaded a new patch that implements #1 above. Please have your friend check it to see if it fixes the Production panel display (it doesn't address the envoy panel). It's not to say that the choice falls on #1, but this will show what it looks like for that option.
To test this there's no need to start your MP game, he can just quick start an SP game and simply check the Production panel and report.

If you guys have not advanced much further than turn 180-ish in your game, this patch fixes the alliance-reveals-all issue, so you might want to re-play the game from turn 177 or so (the savegame you posted) to reset the fog of war to its proper state (and undo the spoiler).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Checking your game, I found 2 odd situations.

- the Markalains and the Wadi entered a state of war with the Romulans in the t177 save; any idea why they made that statement? They're Affiliated with the Roms, did your friend declare war on someone close to them?

- each turn from t177 on, both the Romulans and the Federation made contact with one minor per turn (not all at once), with minors that are members of the Dominion. :???:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Iceman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:42 pm - the Markalains and the Wadi entered a state of war with the Romulans in the t177 save; any idea why they made that statement? They're Affiliated with the Roms, did your friend declare war on someone close to them?
Figured out what the issue is. Some placeholder code; they were actually commending the Roms for declaring war, but that part is not finished yet, and I had replaced it with the war declaration message for testing purposes.

- each turn from t177 on, both the Romulans and the Federation made contact with one minor per turn (not all at once), with minors that are members of the Dominion. :???:
Couldn't figure this one out yet.
But the contacts from both your civs were shared immediately, so that part is working.

I've spotted a couple more issues in that game.

edit: fixed one of them in the new patch, where cloaked fleets of affiliated+ (including Allied) civs were not displaying their name in the Task Forces expander.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Lakotavar wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:34 pm But for example I ignored a diplomatic offer from my friend and I did not see any effect on trust or regard.
We're looking into this.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Lakotavar wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:02 am Well, certainly the AI should be able to do use the same dirty tricks :lol: But yes for Hard and Impossible mode sounds fair to me..

In fact I thought the AI can already "steal" systems so I played safe.
The Feds (AI) should probably not try to colonize systems being terraformed by other empires :?:
And not target systems (for terraforming) where other empires already have colony ships :?:

In the spirit of giving the Federation some disadvantages :mrgreen:

Return to “Supremacy”