Adding a 5th Galaxy Shape (Patch for modders)

Galaxy Shape Variables; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Adding a 5th Galaxy Shape (Patch for modders)

Post by Tethys »

THIS PATCH MUST BE USED WITH RELOCATION TABLE PATCH
THIS PATCH IS TESTED ON 1024 VANILLA (800 untested)

Recent developments led to the creation of a patch which I used in GALM to activate and deactivate my hidden feature: Barred Spiral galaxy.

This is the vanilla version of that patch. At first glance it may look a little sloppy; perhaps useless, but it functions without issue to produce a place for a 5th galaxy shape (the intended goal of this patch).

What does it do? It increases the total galaxy shape count from 4 shapes to 5. It places the Spiral galaxy into the relocation with vanilla values (values would need to be adjusted manually based on current spirals *if modded*) and allows the user to adjust the UE configurable spiral galaxy to their liking, without messing up the current spiral galaxies. If the user wishes, they can modify the values of this patch to match any preexisting spirals values they have created with UE, and begin working on a new shape. I intend to expand this patch in the future as well with additional arms, and more shapes. UE will still adjust some of the new shape's variables (such as arm arcs and empire distances). More work is needed to create a completely new shape, and I am very close to that point :wink:

Without further ado:
Installation instructions: QD patcher > Add 5th Galaxy > Install > Apply > QUIT >> QD Patcher > Activate/Deactivate 5th Galaxy > Install > Apply > Quit
Installation instructions: stbof.res with UE > Add File > cc_gssb.tga > Lexicon > 93 Black Dwarf > Barred Spiral (or whatever you choose it to be) > Save
Add5thGalaxy.patch
(10.26 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
ActivateDeactivate5thGalaxy.patch
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
ASM notes
► Show Spoiler
Ah I almost forgot, you need to add the TGA file to stbof.res and edit lexicon entry 93 "Black Dwarf" to "Barred Spiral" :up:
cc_gssb.zip
(11.36 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version

Return to “Galaxy Shape Variables”