Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

geordie
Captain
Captain

Minor civ Buildings

Post by geordie »

Hi,
I have a question about the Betazoids.
They have two buildings specific to that race: the Counselling Academy ( adding 50% to the Internal Security) and the Diplomatic Society (+10% of the Internal Security).
Should the second one improve the diplomatic skills?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Minor civ Buildings

Post by Iceman »

:shock:

It was probably a placeholder bonus while there was no diplo related bonus in the game. We now have the +Regard bonus, though I'm not sure how useful it really is. It is only used by the Dominion currently. We also have +%Negotiation, used by some minors with mediation skills.

I split your post to a new thread because I've been considering starting such a thread for a couple of days - I'm down with the flu and haven't been able to do much, unfortunately.

In my Large Cluster galaxy game, which is being really fun to play, I have had the Barzans and the Selay join.

The Barzans have not been useful yet because I'm still researching one field at a time, and assigning part of my research output to Propulsion only to benefit from the bonus seems kind of counterproductive.

The Selay, well, unless I'd be expecting that system to be invaded, I'm not sure why I would want to waste pop for 40 energy. The system is rather large though, so it kind of compensates the fact that the special building is all but useless.
geordie
Captain
Captain

Post by geordie »

I meant the same kind of bonus of two building, so it does not make too much sense.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, I know. I meant that one of them was a placeholder. Which will now (finally) be replaced.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Are the Ferengi too OP :?:
I mean, they're supposed to be OP (for a minor), but are they too OP?

+5 TRs, +50% Credits, +50% Trade Income
(and +25% Econ Intel)

Lower the Franchise Office to +4 TRs :?:
Change the Gaming Commission to +1 Morale :?:

Return to “Supremacy”