Supremacy in Unity

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Supremacy in Unity

Post by Misfire »

Besides working on the combat engine, have also been working on porting the rest of the game to the Unity platform. Focus has mostly been just duplicating the existing game, but there have been some changes along the way. It's still a ways out from being completed, but there is a lot working already and thought I could share a few things along the way. Here is a short clip of some modifications to the system assault screen. It seems I have lost some video quality in the upload to youtube, but anyway, enjoy:

https://youtu.be/FYRo8_RWHAE
Misfire
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Supremacy in Unity

Post by Misfire »

Sorry about the loud explosions at end of turn, didn't listen with sound until now. I attached the explosion sound to torpedoes to play when they are destroyed, but it is also played when every phaser beam stops firing.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Supremacy in Unity

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Misfire wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:30 pmporting the rest of the game to the Unity platform. Focus has mostly been just duplicating the existing game, but there have been some changes
So basically you recreate the entire base game from scratch to improve performance, stability and compatibility with the new 3D combat feature?
Is this even realistic, given your limited spare time? Or is there automated methods to transform parts of the old sourcecode in the new Unity framework.
And what means 'changes'? Anyway, as always, a big :up:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.

Return to “Supremacy”