Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Satan82645
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

CDT after first playthrough

Post by Satan82645 »

Good day,

Thank you for providing us with this mod, BOTF was my favorite game ... probably of all times, therefore i love any mods/and i am very happy for your contribution.

I have downloaded your mod from this site http://supremacy.2pixels.net/downloads.php and applied both patches ( well, at least i think i did, i just pasted the files over)

i started the first time, everything was working fine, and after I saved the game ( played like 15 turns, late night) i wanted to play it again, however, i get CDT when i try to load it, start a new one, etc... i cant get it to work at all... I dont know what the issue was, i tried to remove it, then install it again, same thing is happening.

I am attaching the error log. any help you might provided would be much appriciated.

Thank you,

Stan
Attachments
Error.txt
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: CDT after first playthrough

Post by Iceman »

Hi, Stan.
Satan82645 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:54 am Thank you for providing us with this mod, BOTF was my favorite game ... probably of all times, therefore i love any mods/and i am very happy for your contribution.
:up:

I have downloaded your mod from this site http://supremacy.2pixels.net/downloads.php and applied both patches ( well, at least i think i did, i just pasted the files over)
You only need the latest patch, it includes all changes. No need to download (and install) both; I only keep the previous one in case something goes wrong with the latest one, so that people can revert the change.

i started the first time, everything was working fine, and after I saved the game ( played like 15 turns, late night) i wanted to play it again, however, i get CDT when i try to load it, start a new one, etc... i cant get it to work at all... I dont know what the issue was, i tried to remove it, then install it again, same thing is happening.

I am attaching the error log. any help you might provided would be much appriciated.
This is related to a change I made in a previous patch, to display the host's IP in multiplayer games, to make it easier to share it with the client(s).
I'm assuming you're not playing MP?
Does your PC have an internet connection? It's trying to access a site to retrieve your IP, and failing for some reason. I'm assuming you do have one, since you downloaded the game - just to be sure.

I'll try to fix the issue later today.

Thanks for your interest in Supremacy!
Satan82645
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Satan82645 »

Hi Iceman,

Thank you very much for your help! will eagerly await your ... well ... any assistance you might provide !

And yes, I am not playing multi, but singleplayer.

Thank you,

Stan
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

This is really weird though, as I have no problem starting new games or loading savegames, in SP.
There have been no reports of such a problem from other players either.
:???:

Can you please try the new patch I just uploaded, and report back?
Satan82645
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Satan82645 »

Ofc sir!

thank you... its weird to me too... i have no idea what is wrong... just pissed and sad face :)
Satan82645
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Satan82645 »

Good day Iceman,

Thank you, after the patch all works fine... well... so far :)

aaanyway, i remembered that i changed something, in the options before i clicked that the borg were a non played faction. but when i was creating the game for the first time, i just wanted to see how they look, but before starting, just played romulans anyway... but the next day, i just changed it ( for no apparent reason... i have no explanation why i did it)

thats the only thing that i remembered was different.

anyway, will keep playing and will inform you about anything else.

thank you,

Stan
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Great!
I'm about to upload a new patch with some more tweaks and fixes, you might want to use it instead of yesterday's.

Return to “Supremacy”