some weird stuff....

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

some weird stuff....

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

1.) I found just loading a saved game (started via command-line -n) re-triggers the -n behavior for new games: viewtopic.php?p=30244#p30244

The starting seed was edited in stbof.ini and saved games of the same galaxy for all 5 player empires generated, using trek.exe -n. After this trek.exe shortcut was re-edited to -Mudd and BotF re-started.
Just loading one of those games, BotF behaves as if -n & -Mudd are active at the same time for new games (until BotF re-started). :???:

2.) Simultaneous Ramming - Bug

Say the enemy tries to ram your weak ship A. At the same time your strong ship B tries to ram/intercept the same enemy ship.
IF BotF pre-calculates the random values and determines the enemy succeeds with ramming A, and later the same for your ship B THEN the ram impact location for you ship B is the ex/starting location of the enemy ship. With some of the base values and the display nonsensical out of sync, it's pretty hard to understand what's going on. :eek:

3.) Phantom Torpedo Bug (from destroyed enemy ships)

Sometimes, after the destruction of the last enemy ship, own ships receive invisible hits (you just see animation of shields, damage detonations or even destruction).
I investigated such a case in the tactical event log. It's calculated and labeled as torpedo hit (with torpedo stats from the destroyed enemy ship). But it's not a simple animation glitch where the torpedo is not rendered, the said enemy ship never fired any torpedo. Given the weapon range and firing arcs, there was not even the possibility. :shock:

shaw.gif
shaw.gif (208.78 KiB) Viewed 94 times
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”