Tournament 3 - Season 1 2009

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

I should be able to play my game in the week. finished moving house and setting up internet tomorrow.

thanks

ja
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

ok jaruler i'll see you in warzone
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

fine, I'm extending 2nd chance semi final to the end of this week for now ;) (one week for possible extension still remains)

and main bracket final still is having one week regular time before extension is required...

cheers
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I have to expand 2nd chance again, people don't seem to care about anymore but rules are rules and I try to follow them :lol:

2nd chance semi final gets this week, as requested by Krazee, but then extension is empty...
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

thx for another extension Flocke, I wrote a pm to Dissy, that I wont have time today and tomorrow to play. so for me its first possible @wednesday.
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

THANKS CARCHER

what day this week can you make? I have just became a dad for 2nd time so sorry i was not around last week. isp is now sorted but only getting around 2.6 mbs which is strange but dont think that will be a problem?

how does wed eve sound?
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

wed evenning sounds great jarular :) about 7pm gmt?

also congrats on the new addition :D

c ya wednesday
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

erm... feel free to correct me if i'm wrong,but settings are T3,some minors,hard,randoms on,irregular,medium right?
just want to get it right this time :oops: :)
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Repost,

Game Conditions:

all games 1vs1, domination, irregular, 5min strategical timer (see rules), modified new vanilla 1.0.3 with removed trade routes but two for ferengi (done to lower the power of the ferengi in relation to other races, especially on low tech)

1st: tech5, normal difficulty, many minors, random off, small map
2nd: tech4, normal, many minors, random off, small map
3rd: tech3, normal, some minors, random on but BORG=OFF, small map
semi final: tech3, hard, some minors, random on but BORG=OFF, medium map
final: tech3, hard, no minors, random on but BORG=OFF, big map

conditions for second chance bracket are now simplified as well:

1st: tech4, normal, many minors, random off, small map
2nd: tech3, normal, some minors, random on but BORG=OFF, small map
semi: tech3, hard, some minors, random on but BORG=OFF, medium map
final: tech3, hard, no minors, random on but BORG=OFF, big map
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

hey what's going on?
I want to see a report about a glorious final soon :!:

I seem to have no other choise than giving wesley and kingy an extension (till end of the weekend for now), although I didn't get a request. :roll:
Come on! Or shall I keep my title? :lol:

And as for 2nd chance semi, deadline is getting near!

Don't get played out in the end of this tournament!
Speed up one more time and make as much fun out of it as possible. :)

P.S: nearly forgot, congratz to jaruler, hope you find some time for playing your match with carcher :)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

sings a duet with carcher, who got his guitar out..."just us two again..."
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

hey everyone,

2nd chance semi final round is over.
No extension left.
No sign from Dissy nor Jaruler in recent days...
No other choise than dropping both.
Noone there to replace them according to rules... (all either forfeited or advanced back to main bracket and lost :roll: *g*)
Passing carcher and Krazee to 2nd chance final match.
They've been online and active all the time and now I wish them both a fantastic final match like they both deserved it.

great success to you both, have much fun, may the victory be your's :mrgreen:

As for final of main bracket,
well, didn't hear much from kingy and have seen wesley waiting for him again and again. Once they both showed up and began a match but after about 50 turns kingy left, telling to pause an hour and didn't came back. Didn't show up following days although having made a date according to wesley.
So wesley got little disappointed, not wanting to say very disappointed.
He already has become sure about his victory and sent me the save, hoping I would confirm. They didn't met yet, but in statistic wesley, playing romulan, is much better than kingy, playing klingon.
Anyway, I can't say yet kingy has lost that game cause klingon still is having a chance. Have played a turn in sp and with right tactic, the klingon tactic, there are possibilities.
Not as good as for romulan but still victory is dependent on further developement of that game.

I talked to wesley, telling that I won't like to name him as winner yet.
He is still interested in finishing that match but is away till friday. Wesley requested another extension for this whole week, so kingy get's a last chance on weekend and although it's more than originally set as extension max, I'm willing to give it for that final.

If kingy still doesn't show up, ruthlessferengi get's the chance to take his place and continue that game. If so, we'll have to see how to give ruthlessferengi a good start in that match. In my opinion, neither starting a new one, nor continuing an already started game of another person is really fair. I may give some tips, or money or some intel bonus or we'll define a turn limited peace treaty or something. We'll see but I still hope and prefer kingy finishing his match himself.

So kingy, please leave a message!!! ;)

greetz, Flocke
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Something important to me has cropped up. So I wasn't able to play against carcher in the last couple of days. I made some crititcal mistakes in the beginning of our match and wasn't agggressive enough against him as we met. Atm I don't see a way to win this game. So I have to give up. Playing further would be just a waste of time, I don't have at the moment. :(

to the game:

I had first pick and started as Roms. carcher choosed the Fergs. We met in turn 60 and I should've used my chance and finish him off with intel. But otherwise we both waited so long for this match and wanted an epic and therefor we decided for a non-agression treaty.

I wanted to conquer the klingon in fact of my starting position and my less and bad colonies. I won most of the battles against the klingons and my moral was pretty high. But I made some mistakes in research, so I didnt gave everything to energy to get subatomik simulators first.

So I played wrong with this race. A little bit like ruthless_ferengi did in his game against kingy.

As I finally wanted to conquer Qo'nos, the klingon began to drop out bc's all the way with no break...

I don't know where the klingons had the money for but I can imagine (feds or fergs or both?) ;)

I could write a lil bit more, but as I wrote at the beginning. I don't really have the time atm.

I wanted some screenshots but the program made some crashes. I don't know why. One time it ran other time it crashed the game. I choosed the path of the saved files. It ran again. then it crashed againg some turns later. Really odd.

So carcher finally won the 2nd chance final without a single fight :lol: Good work buddy! ;)

It was a really funny match, even if I lost. Maybe that was the problem a little. After over a week waiting for it, it wasn't really a tournament match for me anymore. I never felt for one second beeing in the tournament. But this was my mistake. I shouldn't have asked Flocke for extension in fact of Dissy not showing up.

so another thing I learned. Stop beeing that damn nice, especially in tournaments :lol:
But for me fun goes first and this game was funny. Maybe the first tournament game with a 100 turn peace treaty. I would say that this is a damn funny fact.

so at least we have one champion. it's my buddy carcher!!!

So Flocke, give him the second chance and let him fight against our Borg colleague wesley!!! :D

I guess this would be a cool idea. Better than creating following badge for the forum "2nd chance plate tournament champion" ;) :P ;)
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

well, i dont know what to say 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

dam shame it had to end this way :( but we can have another game when you can make it-"we shall fight another time"
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

SORRY guys for not getting on line. had some real probs of late and an ex partner who is just pure evil.

sorry i was not able to play and gratz to the winners of both

Return to “Multiplayer Games”