Season 2 2009 round 2 has started

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Omegaleader
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Omegaleader »

I won a very close and exciting game. And one or two Assault Transports more for Chris in the right moment would have decided it in his favor.

Thanks everyone for advice and help in the last days, this was my 5th online game in my lifetime, and now I am very sure that I will keep playing this game online for a while.

Thanks Chris! I offer you a revanche game if you want - after my eventual elimination from the tournament.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

Enterprise and I kicked off tonight, enterprise had first choice and picked klings so i went for roms,not my favorite,but at least i knew (hoped!) i wouldn't get raped by intell ( thanks for that lesson JBL :) )
we are up to turn 60 ish and its going nicely for both of us ( we met on turn 5 , but have pussyfooted around each other :) )we will continue next week as we are both away for the weekend,
I dont want to say anything else in case i give something away :) but my 200 battle crusiers are waiting for him :P
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

carcher wrote::) but my 200 battle crusiers are waiting for him :P
becareful he might build 200 k'vorts :wink:

I am glad to see early action :D

congrats Omegaleader I am sure it was a tough win 8O and a surprise to must of us. (bracket has been updated)

stardust you won second chance bracket :wink:

Flocke if you see wesley He has not picked up his PM. I will also send him a E-mail.

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

stardust great news from my side.

I take my "maybe sign out" back... :D

It's 3 am in the morning here and I met TC in wz and I'm glad that he had a minute to test with me. And it is running. We played 10 turns w/o any problems.

So if you have time today I'll try to help ya so that we can start our tourney game.

man I'm glad it is running again.

Congratz from me to Omegaleader.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone,

KrazeeXXL ask for repost of match up conditions.

All rounds:
borg and randoms off
top player of bracket has first race choice.
Bottom player has 1 restart option.
any player can request 5 min timer.
rounds 1 and 2:
Tech 5 small irregular many minors hard
Semifinals:
Tech 5 small irregular some minors hard
Finals:
Tech 5 med irregular few minors impossible

Edit:
time limit for rounds:
all rounds should be completed in 1 week. (Except finals)
If extention is needed.
match should already be started and a date already set to continue play.
PM me if your match needs extention

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Sat May 02, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

thx for the information TC. good idea is the restart option.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Haven't been on Warzone for a long time and found out I had to update software and now find a dedicated lobby for BOTF

My question is do I use the new BOTF dedicated lobby that only seems to offer Vanilla or are the tournement games played from within the main lobby, selecting other games?

Regards

Pigman
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

join #Other Games lobby #Birth of Federation isn't working

Tournament and all other mods just can be played in #Other Games

I read somewhere that _Plotinus is very busy and I dont expect #Birth of Federation Lobby ever working properly.

but I'm fine with #Other Games
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Thanks KrazeeXXL

Actually, the BOTF lobby does seem to be working but only offers vanilla. The game loads but I haven't tried playing with opponent

But you've answered my question

Regards

Pigman
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

On Tuesday, time to be confirmed, myself and ruthlessferengi will be playing our match
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

thunderchero wrote:
stardust you won second chance bracket :wink:

:lol: Nice 8O

I've given Krazee a PM as I'm not going to have much time on here today.
I've been playing with some settings on my pc so hopefully we'll get a match going tomorrow.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Well that was quick, 8O

Pigman advances to next round vs omegaleader :wink:

I made some very large mistakes, twice lost fleet to uncloaked ship tactic. after that I gave victory to pigman.

At turn 10 I knew I was in trouble. and game was over :wink:

I had 1 good system but one realy bad system. he built ships fast, I was building slow working on setting up intel, we were less than 5 sectors apart.
first battle I had 4 or 5 battle cruiser 1 or 2 scouts all cloaked, he had 6-7 scouts 5-6 k'vorts one scout uncloaked. I lost all ships. I tried to fight back with 5 warbirds I built hit and run his smaller fleets but got caught 5 command to 9 kvorts and 12 scouts I was dead and turn 40 something game over.

thunderchero
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Just won my game against Thunderchero.....he chose Roms so I gladly took those bloodthirsty Klingons

Start position, as usual defined the game, with Thunderchero on left of map fairly near the bottom

I was just a few squares in from him to the right and up a bit.....Cardies were top left and we both met them right near the start.....Feds were to my right and Ferengi top right I think

This meant that it was a race to build fleet for both of us and a battle between Rom Intel and me compromising building Intel defense or more ships

Once I saw where Thunderchero was, I went for Romulus and his fleet, probably in the first 10 turns.....at the same time, I had managed to get money out of the AI empires....not a fortune, but enough to help me buy some ships

I only built Heavy Cruisers and Scouts at the start, with scouts popping out one per turn and Heavy Cruisers every 2 or 3 turns, depending on whether I could buy them or not

In our first major encounter, I had more ships and he went mainly with Battle Cruisers at this point......I still had my destroyer from start of game and I think our fleets met at Romulus

With the larger fleet it was only going one way and after succeeding in battle I positioned 2 HCs and 2 Scts on each of Thunderchero's 3 systems to try to stop him producing ships

His Intel was having some effect with money going and he stole one of my Heavy Cruisers (that was really annoying) but at this point I kept slowly building my Intel defense and thought that I could then squeeze him to death

My tactic didn't stop him building, as new ships are not able to be attacked as they are produced, so Thunderchero started building Warbirds and moving them away as soon as they were built

I must have taken my eye off of the ball as he popped out of nowhere to attack one of my mini-fleets of 2 HCs and 2 Scts with around 3 or 4 Warbirds, 1 Battle Cruiser and the stolen Klingon HC

I retreated and only lost 1 HC and then decided to bring all of my fleet together as they were vulnerable in small groups

Thunder moved his fleet, with at least 1, maybe 2 more Warbirds, towards Qo'nos and I followed him

We met at Qo,nos and I had 8 HCs and 12 or 13 Scts, plus a troop transport to act as the uncloaked ship

Being a Klingon at heart, in reality, Thunder decided to stay for the fight and attacked my troop transport, which meant that all his ships were a sitting duck for my fleet

At this point Thunderchero graciously offered me the dubious pleasure of taking on OmegaLeader in the next round

I have said before and still believe that starting position has too much impact on tournement games and think this is worth another look for future tournements....but thanks for the game Thunderchero

Regards

Pigman
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

Myself and ruthlessferengi

Match ended with myself winning after 119 turns

I was Klingons, ruthless was Romulans

Will update after I've had some sleep, been at it nearly 4 half hours :twisted:
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

Severnth and i had out game today.

so summarize, it was total Cinco de Mayo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo :) very symbolic and appropriate to the upcoming event

he chose kling, i took roms.
my systems were ok, 160 ->220 and 180->240. extra dil. I found him turn 3 and started intel. It worked beautifully and soon things started to cramble. we had a couple of battles - i ended up with 9 warbirds and won the tactical part of things.. i thought i had it in the bag when i saw him building dd2 and scattered bc2. So i decided to make things interesting, offered him peace for 25 turns AND intel holiday... (why?? :)) and went off to get the ferengi. Those i got and in 25 turns i had 18 warbirds and was ready to get him.

He was slowly acquiring minors and small planets. He showed up over my biggest sister system and that's where things began to unravel - he sacrificed 6 out of his 9 kvorts to get that system... By the time i got it back it was smoldering ruins. I had to sacrifice a couple of warbirds to pay for the utilities. My intel was crippled.

Meanwhile Severenth convinced feds to go at war with me. He got betazed, got cardies to declaire war on me and between the three of them they started to chip away at my domain - territory and itnel wise. I tried to maneuver my clumsy wb but lost a couple of small systems, got them back, lost some ferengi land. Then Feds started biting at my ferengi acquisions in earnest. I got my remaining wb, and went to klingons space.

i got two of his big planets, but lost 3 wbs over Qronos - too many orbitals. What killed me - Fed armada - started to bomb Roms... then intel was starting to kill me - lost all farms on Roms twice. i killed a few joy-ride klingon TTs (he had a couple of heavies floating around) and prevented take over of rom but then by that time i did not have enough warbirds to take care of the feds and his two kvortas.

So we had final battle where I lost all mine, Feds lost their heavies, he lost all his, but Rom had no orbs, had 1/3 of population and nil else. All severnth had to do is to get some tts. I could have retrenched to my second system, stalled him with dd2 suicide runs etc. but i lost my spirit there.. So admitted defeat.

From riches to rags - it was a fine epic battle. should have snuffed him out earlier on desided to see how interesting things could get - and did they ever:)) never underestimate a human opponent:)

Great job, Severenth, you've come a long way since i last played you:) good luck in the next round.
Last edited by ruthlessferengi on Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry

Return to “Multiplayer Games”