(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Update: Just so you all know that the project is still in development and i havent forgot about it.

Behold, thinner and more canon phasers! That means no more lag when the camera is zoomed in and phasers are fired at you! I tested and there was minor/no lag (shields will be next, as they also lag due to size)
b8rajq.png
345n6zq.png
23k5a4n.png
4vlgg1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Looks like you made real good work once again Tethys. Go on!
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well, ive done my best with the shields. Ive got them smaller and close to canon as possible. They still have some lag but its nowhere as bad as before (at least for me on my laptop)

I will be attempting to make new HOBs for the shield textures as soon as i can.

So here they are:
20j3i1t.png
14tmyx4.png
2qx25j9.png
2l8j79e.png
2hq5b29.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

This is my attempt at 3d modeling a shield, i know its simple and it only contains 482 vertices and 960 faces

Here is what I would like the shields to look like:
dx20kz.png
24f0d1g.png
5l591t.png
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Ok. The first release of the mod is 90% complete, I am just finishing up some Hex editing and various tweaks that will allow this mod to be playable and open for criticism (constructive only please).

A belated Xmas gift to you the BotF community!

Hope to have it done by the end of 2009. Sooner if time allows. :)

Known Issues:

The Large galaxy may crash when loading, I will reduce to a smaller size if many people do not like the ginormous map (75x55). Just allow the intro movie to play for about 5 seconds.

Also, on small maps when Minors set to many, the modt you will get is 10, and the least 4 or 5, this is due to the 'minors on the left' bug. The only way to remedy this would be to shrink the large map (boing just got an idea, what if i make the large map small and the small map large.. oooo)

Borg ships cost alot. I did this purposely, as a cube can take on a fleet just as in canon.
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

So if someone thinks it really sucks, they should just keep it to themselves? :wink: :wink: :wink:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

this isn't the Birth of Empires thread mickar. oops sorry. I should've kept it for myself ;)

Tethys i'm looking forward to your mod. A cube which is able to destroy whole fleets. Sounds truly like a Merry Christmas for me :twisted:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Keep in mind that Ive made the industry structures less than half of what they were for all races, which not only compensates for the large cost of Borg vessels, but also the population raise for the main planets (Terran, Jungle, Ocean, Desert)

All other empire ship costs have been lowered drastically, I think the most costly for the Feds is the Sov II at around 7600, for the Romulans the Scimitar at about 20000 (no typo) being that it houses 52 beams and 27 torpedoes a volley. Dominion Super Battleship about 32000, houses 152 beams and 54, not to mention the 9000+ shields and 4000+ hull... i will leave it to you guys to test when i release. Feedback will be appreciated :)
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Tethys wrote:... Scimitar at about 20000 (no typo) being that it houses 52 beams and 27 torpedoes a volley. Dominion Super Battleship about 32000, houses 152 beams and 54, not to mention the 9000+ shields and 4000+ hull... i will leave it to you guys to test when i release. Feedback will be appreciated :)
Wow, what kind of maintenance costs are you figuring here?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

1 to 10% of ship cost, depending on how i feel that day :twisted: jk jk

But yeah its either one of the 2, for a ship that costs 200 and a maint cost of 2, for a ship of a cost of 65000 (mainly borg ships) a cost of 650.

Im not at home right now so you will have to wait a little later to get exact figures. This is off top of my head right now.

EDIT: Also note that this mod is played best from tech level 1 (2320) - fleets build up fast, so watch yourself. More editing of buildings costs needs to be done.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

i hope the klingons have some big ass ships too. their negh'var should be a BIG threat to a fed's sovy.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

im thinking whether or not to put the Bird of Death in, will have to see how many slots I have left for minor race ships, lest i reuse many ship models for minors...

in any effort, yes the Negh will be one of the most powerful, and should mostly be as powerful as the Galaxy not the Sovereign, Klingys have always been behind on the power curve opposed to Feddies.. we shall see.. :P
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Argh a Negh'var would stomp two of these tiny Galaxies into the dust. they've blown up DS9's shields with 2 shots. :twisted: :twisted:

edit: and don't forget to put the breen in!

edit2: the breen stomp your tiny Galaxies to the dust as well.

edit3: not as much as a klingon negh would do of course
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

hahaha of course the Breen are part of the Dominion along with the Cardassians.. they arrive in the shiplist soon after tech 3 :)
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

So sorry guys but the release of GM may be delayed a few days, having technical difficulties with buildings, mainly scanners.

Im working overtime to get it resolved. Thank you for bearing with me.

Tethys

Return to “Galaxies MOD”