war zone multiplayer servers

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

O...k...that's confusing. Why does a computer need two IP addresses? Isn't that the same as having two internet post codes? :?

How do I find out what they are and what do I do with them once I know? I know what my ISP-given IP address is. Oh, and I tried using Warzone again last night. The program stopped responding, giving me a "connection timed out" error. I've not had that happen to me before. I tried again this morning and it said a new version of warzone was available, so maybe that was the cause.
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

You need one IP address (external) to connect to the internet, and another IP address (internal) for communication in your home network. Your router performs NAT and translates your internal IP to external for internet communications. You dont need to know your external IP, forward your ports to your internal IP.
You can find it by going to run, type cmd and hit ok, type ipconfig. Record your IP address and default gateway.

To set a static IP address go to control panel, click network connections, right-click your local area connection and go to properties, select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and go to properties, select the use the following IP address radio box, type in the IP address that you saw in the command prompt the subnet mask should come up automatically but it should be a class C 255.255.255.0, and type in your default gateway. I had to specify my prefferred DNS too so it's the same as my gateway.

Edit: That was for XP. For Vista go to control panel->network and sharing center->click view status for your local area connection->click properties->edit Internet Protocol version 4, edit it the same as written above.

Hope that helps and doesnt confuse you even more! :lol:
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

This might be a silly question, but if I disconnect my router and use a standard broadband modem, will this be better?
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

Well I don't think modems have as many options to configure as routers do and they dont have built in firewalls like routers do. For it to be better, that just depends on what you want or if you're currently having problems with your router. I would stick with the router personally unless it started causing problems.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Forget about my problems, i've finally got Warzone working! :mrgreen:

The latest Warzone update fixed whatever issues were causing my problems. I played a partial game against Dissy and a few other people before mum decided the car needed washing. :evil:

...But I have encountered one weird thing - mods don't seem to work. Someone on Warzone asked me to try the Borg mod with him, which I did. We definitely had the same files, and I tested that the game worked in single player before we did multi - and it did. I was able to build Borg Cubes as the Federation. But as soon as multiplayer started, it was like the game had somehow reverted to vanilla. Neither of us could build cubes, irrelevant of who hosted the game. Anyone know what the cause could be?
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Where did you get this magic update????????

I wants it my precious.......

Pretty please

I have returned
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

I was told about the magic update when I started up the program - I haven't used warzone in weeks, so it might be you already have the update. :(

If you're talking about the Borg mod, it's in the downloads section - there are three Borg mods, but you want the one that actually is called "the Borg mod."
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Guess What?

I turned my anti virus OFF, my PC firewall OFF, my router firewall OFF, loaded ewarzone and.

It still didn't work!

I got a new computer yesterday, so hopefully it will work, as I don't see anything else which could effect it other than my laptop.

Finger Crossed

I have returned
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Getting a new computer just to play multiplayer is a bit extreme, isn't it? :P

Fingers crossed it works though! :)
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."
BioHaZZarD99
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by BioHaZZarD99 »

matress_of_evil wrote:Getting a new computer just to play multiplayer is a bit extreme, isn't it? :P
It's not just any multiplayer though, it's BotF multiplayer. ;)

I've been watcing you guys go on and on about multiplayer... thinking of giving it a shot (last time I played BotF online was on the MSN gaming zone about a year after the game was released)
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Way Hay, I am online with ewarzone!!!!!!

After shouting and screaming and swearing at my computer for over a week, I found an option in my router setup "User Idle Timeout" It turns out that even though botf sends and recieves info via the net, it was not enough for the connection to be considered "ACTIVE", so the router was disconnecting after 20 minutes.
I played this afternoon with Dissy and Carcher, And it crashed once when loading the empire selection, but afterwards, it outlasted the other two.

So Guys and Girls (do we have any?) you can expect me to be online even more. On the forums most of the day, and warzone at night.

So in the words of General Chang "Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!" - Star Trek VI

I have returned
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

@sean.. yeah i enjoyed the afternoon as well.Good fun,just hope i can get things more stable at my end...I'll get there ..eventually
cheers carcher
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

If you want I can zip and upload my botf folder, and you can see if it works on your machine.
Since it contains the same files in the same locations, it should work with your registry.

I carried on after you left, to turn 149. I destroyed the dominion and the romulans were down to 3 systems, when the feds attacked. They wiped out my entire cloaked reserve fleet I had 58 command 112 fast, they had 84 sovvys 59 akira and 145 fast. They creamed me in 3 turns. and began bombarding.

So I send my main fleet 90 Attack Cruisers 54 top Battle ship IIs and 168 Bird of Preys to sol.

M utually
A ssured
D istruction

MAD - the best acronym I have ever heard.

I have returned
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

Dont mess with the feds eh?
if it's no prob with the zip upload yeah ,I'll try it thanks.
i would never have built akira ships in a t5 game!Am i missing something (else) there?
the hotfix took me by surprise with the different ships.I'm gonna look at the thread now and see if anything else has changed.
when i first played udmIII I was surprised how weak the defiant was.. got a right shock..i'd like to see them tweaked up a bit,i don't mean unbeatable like in vanilla but just a bit ya know?
anyway see ya later
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

I willupload it to my shared folder tonight, and pm you the address. I would advise you to play it in sp as every race, to give you a better view of all the ships as they have all changed. Some of the minors took me by surprise as well when I first tried it.

I have returned

Return to “Multiplayer Games”